Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Yeap didn't help, still boat loads of single stacks polluting page after page of the AH... I guess Douchenozzles gotta douche.
    Indeed, I am not seeing much in the way of changes to the number of singles. Auctions on TUJ show same walls as before, ~2/3 of all auctions for popular materials are singles, same ratio as before. I guess we have to wait so that everyone can notice that the deposits are different.

I cannot check the speeds right now, am at work, but I don't expect any changes there either.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Indeed, I am not seeing much in the way of changes to the number of singles. Auctions on TUJ show same walls as before, ~2/3 of all auctions for popular materials are singles, same ratio as before. I guess we have to wait so that everyone can notice that the deposits are different.

I cannot check the speeds right now, am at work, but I don't expect any changes there either.
    The real effect on this won't be apparent until today/tomorrow when those walls of singles start to expire from the postings on Monday.

200 singles of 1 anchor weed cost about 28k gold to post so people are going to feel it.

Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    The real effect on this won't be apparent until today/tomorrow when those walls of singles start to expire from the postings on Monday.

200 singles of 1 anchor weed cost about 28k gold to post so people are going to feel it.
    I guess you are right. Let's wait then.

Deleted
    What I do not understand is, why returning players are being punished for having some old expansion herbs, ores and mats in their banks. It is impossible for me to auction them, when their deposit is their vendor value (sometimes double value with reasonable stacks of 5 for old expansion items). I do not want to vendor them, since some other people might actually find these useful, but there is no way around that, other than go on the trade chat and spam it...
    I will give 1 example of stacks I am left:
    Heartblossomx40
    I have tried to sell them at least 6 times, but they haven't sold yet when I had a bigger stack. I started cutting it to stacks of 5 and some of them started getting sold slowly before this change.
    Now if I try to deposit 8x5 stacks, the deposit I must pay if I try to sell them 3g per item (the per item value is actually around 30g on EU-Kazzak but I understand if there was a need to lower the prices from Blizzard's point of view) in 4 stacks of 5 is: 10g!!! But if I vendor them all I get 8.8g!!! So what is the point to put in AH that I know that it might not sell first try and lose 10g?

So, why Blizzard is actually forcing me to vendor some old expansion materials that I know they might be useful to someone, which do not sell and no one, willingly, will buy them very expensive. I do not understand the logic of making everything that does not sell immediately forbidden, makes no sense at all and punishes the casuals users of the AH. And, as many other have stated before me, I still see undercutters putting stacks of 1 for certain things when they know they will sell, they only need to lower the price and find the new "sweet" spot...

I can already tell this is working. On my semi-high pop realm, before the change, Monelite Ore was at least 40 pages worth, and took forever to page though it. This morning, it's 10 pages, with hardly any single postings.

In fact, I've noticed a lot of single postings across all trade mats, that are about to expire. The feeling of glee I have, at the money lost, is indescribable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I can already tell this is working. On my semi-high pop realm, before the change, Monelite Ore was at least 40 pages worth, and took forever to page though it. This morning, it's 10 pages, with hardly any single postings.

In fact, I've noticed a lot of single postings across all trade mats, that are about to expire. The feeling of glee I have, at the money lost, is indescribable.
    I understand that it might work for current expansion items and mats. But for older expansion it forces people to either vendor or spam trade chat...

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    UPDATE:

They increase the deposit, but they are returning it in full if the item sells - this already fails. Singles sell. But even if the deposit was never returned, all the increase would accomplish is bump the prices of singles and near-singles by the added percentage. Right now big stacks are priced higher than singles (frequently 2x higher), the change will merely bump up singles a little decreasing the price difference. The incentive to not post singles is insignificant and the AH load will just stay the same and the AH times will stay the same as well.
    IMO if no one were buying singles, their deposit would go to hell and therefore Blizz system would work perfectly.
    Singles being half the prices of stack proves that people posting singles don't know how to use AH and just destroy the market trying to make a quick sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    I shouldn't need an Add-on to play the game, because douchenozzles think I should.
    Exactly, blizz should be implementing these functions in game. You can't spend 14 years changing the way the game works and leave the primary method of trading the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    Exactly, blizz should be implementing these functions in game. You can't spend 14 years changing the way the game works and leave the primary method of trading the same.
    I agree.

Why not let people buying partial stacks. If I only need 11 item, I should be able to buy 11 from a large stack and then the rest could be still up for other people to buy.

Rift implemented this feature but WoW can't? What other priorities do you have when you remove the most popular feature you had like the mobile AH app?

I just hope to release the AH upgrade soon, as promised. WITH the mobile app, of course.

They can stress test the servers with scripts before pushing the changes to Beta.