Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    But he can't show his "manhood" (hehehehehehe innuendo) because that would be toxic masculinity. And christie "my precious son" golden (praise to her) will never allow it.
    Maybe Anduin's fate is currently up to debate, between those who want him to show that manhood and become an unforgivable monster because of that atrocious and criminal act, while Golden and her followers battle against these villains to preserve Anduin's non-toxic purity and turn him in the second coming of Med'an. Kinda like the Garrosh's infamous "we didn't get the memo" but funnier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothic Knight View Post
    Anduin is new Alexander The Great in Blizzard's opinion.
    He is has no clue about tactics.
    He never defended his people cause he is a hardcore pacifist.
    He has no megalomaniac expansive ideas about hellenism..err..Stormwind-ism.

___

i think its much better to have him flawed like that, even to such a great extend,
    than having him be a Marry Sue like he used to.

Blizzard usually has the right idea, but always fails to deliver it properly.
    They need to show us HOW and WHY he acts like that.
    Of course his advisors suggested some things, he obviously didnt listen.
    Blizzard needs to show this to us.

To say whether the position of High King is hereditary or not would require past examples. This is the first time the Alliance in WoW has seen a High King pass away with a new one being chosen instantly. In conjunction, this is also the first we've seen how a successor is being picked. Everything points to the fact that it is indeed a hereditary position as this is the only example we have.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-08-30 at 03:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post

___

i think its much better to have him flawed like that, even to such a great extend,
    Is it any diffrent from how he is mary sue right now ?

I like Anduin a lot. He sure fractures a whole lot of asses. I've been enjoying his arch and sure hope they don't make a stupid decision and make him suddenly evil.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it any diffrent from how he is mary sue right now ?
    How is he a Mary Sue? Honest to christ, people need to learn what that means because he is by no means perfect. It's no surprise coming from this poster though.

- - - Updated - - -

He is has no clue about tactics.
    He never defended his people cause he is a hardcore pacifist.
    He has no megalomaniac expansive ideas about hellenism..err..Stormwind-ism.

___

Blizzard usually has the right idea, but always fails to deliver it properly.
    They need to show us HOW and WHY he acts like that.
    Of course his advisors suggested some things, he obviously didnt listen.
    Blizzard needs to show this to us.
    They're too busy making the next horde cinematic though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    How is he a Mary Sue? Honest to christ, people need to learn what that means because he is by no means perfect. It's no surprise coming from this poster though.
    How isn't he a mary sue after jumping on top of azerite machine and destroying it metal gear rising style ? The "phisically weak not suited for combat" character ?

How isn't he a mary sue after jumping on top of azerite machine and destroying it metal gear rising style ? The "phisically weak not suited for combat" character ?
    Its the Rules of Nature that suddenly started playing in his head. Not his fault.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    I'm not too happy about Anduin's skills of tactical planning - I bet he doesn't play chess. Many bashed him for his decisions and mistakes during the Siege of Lordaeron - he marched his army there like a student,who went to exam without any decent preparation. But I don't blame only him - actually,it's mainly fault of his advisors,who,by the way,are way more experienced in warfare than him. What I realize now,is that the way he is portrayed is correct and right and here's why:

He wasn't prepared to bear the kings crown so early. It's like was taught basics in physics,and suddenly,everybody expects from him to build a rocket. How could he predict such turn of events? During WoD,Varian is alive and healthy,who would have known,that the Legion will attack the Azeroth? Yes, all his life he was taught and prepared for the kingship,but there were some many he yet still had to learn about it and so many things to understand. We even don't know if he ever wanted to be a king - probably, he didn't want to bear the crown at all,just like he didn't want to and wasn't fit and actually interested to become a warrior. Anduin now is without a life experience,until this moment,he didn't see the war with his own eyes, he only heard about it in stories and it's naturally,that he is making mistakes. Besides you know his nature - he always tries to see good in people and believes,that no matter how bad the person is,there's always some in good him - just remember his visit to Garrosh before his trial.

He is naive,and he is learning - if he would be super skilled tactician and battlemaster in his age - that would actually be idiotic. Only after what happened to Teldrassil he realized,that there's no way to reason with Sylvanas,which means,that until that moment he believed,that there can be peace. I think,that in time,he will become a fine leader. For now,I see him as a guy,who lost his father,inherited the kingdom with huge responsibilities and was outright thrown into war,without a proper moment to think of what's right and what's wrong.
    People make mistakes. I don't understand why we complain about characters making mistakes. If they didn't, it'd be really boring with infallible, perfect characters.

Things happen in ways we don't expect them to. You can't plan for the unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    I like Anduin a lot. He sure fractures a whole lot of asses. I've been enjoying his arch and sure hope they don't make a stupid decision and make him suddenly evil.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

They're too busy making the next horde cinematic though.
    Dude, Anduin has never fail in anything, he was rescued 3 times in the battle of lordaeron and can teach morals and honor to old people while he never did anything significant, his greates feat was the preventing Garrosh to use the bell and for his fault, garrosh escaped because he didnt wanted to "betray" Wrathion.

He always talk about peace but he didnt punish genn for breaking a truce and he didnt even did that because he cared about vrykuls or anything, sylvanas could have been helped a murloc and Genn would have just fucked everything because he still mad about the dead of his son(but no one is angry at him for letting the people of lordaeron being slaughtered at the gates of his wall in the hands of the scourge), he let his troops and officers to do missions of assassination at civilian places like the palace of plausure of gallywix.

I really hope the dude recognize he is not the saint he believe he is or we are gonna get another Arthas with the Luz Vult theme

The guy got crushed by Garrosh super hard, survived and is fully operational. He already exceeded Varian's dual persona powers in MoP. I bet the other leaders couldnt wait for Varian to die or disappear again so that Anduin can lead. None of the Alliance leaders bat an eye when Varian decided to kill himself.

Varian had to learn the hard way to lead etc. Anduin got it naturaly of out god knows what, and he is a Mister Ideal Man, whom multiple wars veterans, 10k year old elves and 20k years old ancient race obey.

Somebody compared him to Alexander the Great. At the moment,he reminds me more of the last tzar of Russia - Nicholas II,who became tzar when he was 26 years old and did not know anything about the governing a huge empire. His father thought,that he will live for eternity and was insisting on teaching him to rule the country,when he will be at least 30 years old,yet he did not live that long. I think,that many of you know what happened to him.

Somebody compared him to Alexander the Great. At the moment,he reminds me more of the last tzar of Russia - Nicholas II,who became tzar when he was 26 years old and did not know anything about the governing a huge empire. His father thought,that he will live for eternity and was insisting on teaching him to rule the country,when he will be at least 30 years old,yet he did not live that long. I think,that many of you know what happened to him.
    Yes, the Horde does resemble a classical commie dictatorship...
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Blanduin is just... bland. I hope they make him more interesting.

Did Varian do something special? To me he was always just 'that guy that started a war with the Horde during WotLK and had a pretty cool death scene in Legion'.

10+ Year Old Account
    A basement party ?

I would actually love to see alliance splintering into political sub-factions and....helping anduin "out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But he can't show his "manhood" (hehehehehehe innuendo) because that would be toxic masculinity. And christie "my precious son" golden (praise to her) will never allow it.
    I don't think that's what toxic masculinity actually is - and in any case, Sylvanas has provided Anduin more than enough rationale from the Alliance perspective to "prove himself" in the context of war without it being hypocritical or an exercise in pure self-aggrandizement.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who else think Anduin gonna pass the High King title to someone else closer to the end of BFA?

I actually think it's really nice how other "leaders" decided that even Azeroth's equivalent of world war won't postpone the end goal of getting that dreamy, handsome king we all know we want. Who cares about cannon fodder as long as he learnt something, right!?

Did you people forget that Anduin almost got killed twice due to his own incompetence in dealing with Sylvanas? If it hadn't been for the miraculous intervention of the ominous Lady Alleria Windrunner (and the moody Proudmoore girl), he would have fallen at Lordaeron Keep. This proves that he is a flawed character, he is not perfect, otherwise he wouldn't have risked losing so much against Sylvanas.
    Expansion Storylines ranking:

Legion > Cataclysm > MoP > BfA up to 8.2.5 > Wrath > TBC > WoD > Dragonflight > BfA 8.3 > Shadowlands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Did you people forget that Anduin almost got killed twice due to his own incompetence in dealing with Sylvanas? If it hadn't been for the miraculous intervention of the ominous Lady Alleria Windrunner (and the moody Proudmoore girl), he would have fallen at Lordaeron Keep. This proves that he is a flawed character, he is not perfect, otherwise he wouldn't have risked losing so much against Sylvanas.
    "Almost" being the keyword here. Also jesus that cringe RP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I don't think that's what toxic masculinity actually is - and in any case, Sylvanas has provided Anduin more than enough rationale from the Alliance perspective to "prove himself" in the context of war without it being hypocritical or an exercise in pure self-aggrandizement.
    Of course its toxic masculinity. Anduin must remain precious flawless cupcake he is. Auntie christie demands it.
    The most he can do to prove himself it to single handely take another collosal machine as any physically weak, unfit for combat character would.