Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've found that the Azerite trait that gives a absorb shield every 30 seconds helps tremendously with it. I usually pick that one over others if offered. You can't be dazed if the attack is absorbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    In the past it made sense because a level 20 running through level 40 mobs should proly get you dismounted. However, with the new scaling I dont see why this still exists. Nothing pisses me off than heading back to turn in some quests than getting dismounted by some random mob my own level that was over a hill. Or you decide to just keep running instead of fighting said mob and it dazes you another time or two. Like I said it made sense when mobs didnt scale to your level but now its just annoying and doesnt serve a purpose besides pissing you off.
    Dazed is still a thing for as long as people can't avoid getting dazed.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    There's an item for that: Coarse Leather Barding

If you approve of no flying, or not being able to just train it like before, you should fully embrace dazing and love it because its so immersive and fun

Why shouldn't mobs be able to daze you? I think it's a neat mechanic, and it makes you actually have to pick your path when you are trying to run through mobs. Screw up, and you might have to deal with the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Getting dazed prolongs the time it takes you to reach your destination. Most of the time it's a minor delay, but very frustrating, and a delay nonetheless. A delay here, another one there, it adds up to a lot of time wasted in the end. It's in their best interests to slow you down as much as possible, even if it's 10 seconds at a time.

I hate how cynical I have become over this kind of thing, but the amount of crap that exists for no reason other than to slow us down as much as possible made it impossible for me to rationalize it any other way.
    You just won (or lost) at "6 Degrees of more /played". The tin-foil is thick today.

Buy bardings, problem solved

Getting dazed makes sense from a immersion thing, you shouldn't just ride through a group of enemies and be totally ok
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    There was a time, long long ago, where just running through multiple mobs would mean certain death, so to prevent strategies like run-and-corpse run from being too useful of an alternative to actually fighting through mobs, daze was a random mechanic to prevent you from being able to easily run past everything. As the years went by and world content / leveling kept transitioning into a near non-threatening story-mode, I suppose Daze was kept in partially due to "it's always been that way" and to actually keep some minor chance in the game that you can't always get to your destination by holding W.

Daze is supposed to punish your for playing recklessly, but as mobs relative power compared to players decreases, Daze goes further and further away from "Oh crap, have to survive this mob" to "Oh **** you stop wasting my time".

Getting dazed has always felt bad, but it truly starts to feel terrible when you get dazed by mobs that can barely make your healthbar move.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-08-30 at 05:40 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    I made LW just to make those anti daze thingies.

The mechanic is annoying to begin with and the bfa areas are stupidly packed with mobs. It’s almost as if someone is trying to frustrate players even more.
    Have you ever tried just not riding straight through mobs?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Daze is supposed to punish your for playing recklessly, but as mobs relative power compared to players decreases, Daze goes further and further away from "Oh crap, have to survive this mob" to "Oh **** you stop wasting my time".
    In other words, it still punishes you for playing recklessly. Just the type of punishment changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    use the item that makes it so you dont get dazed or be a tank and not get dazed anyway. people seriously complain about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Without mission tables there'd be no reason to farm War Resources.
    Back on Topic, that's why on my mains i go with LW. 8 hours of not giving a crap about Daze is a blessing

Quote Originally Posted by MrNobody View Post
    Not really, daze as a mechanic exists since beta, it was created over a decade ago by devs that most likely don't even work for Blizzard anymore for an almost completely different game. So for starters let's not pretend we know their thought process for a game few people here even played.

Design changed a lot in 15 years, if they really want to slow down your progress they have many other and better tools to do it, we have some unprecedented time-gating in game right now but you think daze is the culprit that keeps people subscribed?

Furthermore why would you balance the pacing of your game on a mechanic for which some classes are already immune to and everyone has access to an item to negate it?

So why is daze still in the game? i have no clue but i also don't trust anyone who pretends they know either. Maybe one day this question will appear on a dev Q&A and we'll get to see Watcher try to rationalize it.
    The simplest explanation is that they look at it on a macro scale. I'll be conservative with my estimates. If everyday a million players get dazed once and waste 10 seconds of their time, thats almost 4 months of subscription wasted in a single day. If that trend continues every day of the year, a total of 117 years worth of subscription is wasted by the mere existence of daze. On this incredibly conservative estimate, just having daze in the game makes Blizzard about 25k extra per year.

However, I'm willing to bet theres more than 1 million players, and that they get dazed more than once a day. So who knows. I guess my point is that, while it may seem like a small amount of time wasted for the individual, the company profits off of daze.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smitey View Post
    what I love most is when im trying to gather mobs together for aoe and they reset after 4 secs of kiting but when I try to run from mobs that dazed me they chase me for 5 minutes.
    That’s right up there with my favorite Blizzard logic for quests like “Collect 10 bat wings from the bats infesting....” then it takes killing 23 bats to find 10 wings.

I used to run into that issue farming cloth or leather and the like quite a bit with gathering mobs.

Funny how only a rogue can seemingly get a mob that dazed it to stop following across half a zone by using vanish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Just play a tank
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Laughs in tank
    Laughs as Warlock with Demon Skin

Also https://www.wowhead.com/spell=263962...ing-protection gives an absorb, that hinders daze.

fun fact: mobs CANNOT dismount you from the heirloom chauffeur mount! This is why I always ride around on that mount! Because of this, they technically removed dismount ages ago, you just weren't aware of it!
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Why is complaining about dazed still a thing? That's the real question.

Go to AH, buy leather barding. This will help tremendously.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    In the past it made sense because a level 20 running through level 40 mobs should proly get you dismounted. However, with the new scaling I dont see why this still exists. Nothing pisses me off than heading back to turn in some quests than getting dismounted by some random mob my own level that was over a hill. Or you decide to just keep running instead of fighting said mob and it dazes you another time or two. Like I said it made sense when mobs didnt scale to your level but now its just annoying and doesnt serve a purpose besides pissing you off.
    There are items that remove it now, it is a band-aid but it works for now.

Deleted
    for me is necesary, or you could pull the whole map with mount and pew pew