Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They probably made them look larger to avoid the inevitable: "BLIZZ IS SO LAZY - LOOK HOW SMALL THE EXPANSION'S ISLANDS ARE!"

Quote Originally Posted by beelgers View Post
    They probably made them look larger to avoid the inevitable: "BLIZZ IS SO LAZY - LOOK HOW SMALL THE EXPANSION'S ISLANDS ARE!"
    No, they're lazy because they dont care about continuity

If we're going to talk continuity then you reaaaally don't want to use the map or the game scales.
    Do you really think Darkshire is a town with a mayor's office, an inn, a blacksmith, and three houses?

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly didn't know you could zoom the map :s

I find it more weird that we've been taking ships across the ocean past all these continents with no problem for years, and are just now "discovering" them. How did we not get attacked or pirated or develop a curiosity? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    I find it more weird that we've been taking ships across the ocean past all these continents with no problem for years, and are just now "discovering" them. How did we not get attacked or pirated or develop a curiosity? lol
    We’re probably overlooking all the other islands that’ll surface/reveal themselves in future expansions too
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Nothing in wow is to scale. Seems odd to get annoyed by one map and not that raid bosses are like 15 foot tall even when they're just regular people

The only undiscovered one was Pandaria. Kul Tiras and Zandalar are well known, but extremely hostile and dangerous because of their fleets, and the Broken Isles had nothing of interest, Suramar was under a bubble and the Tomb of Sargeras was sealed, you'd just risk getting killed by naga or vrykul by going there.

In-game map =/= Canon map

Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    YOU CAN ZOOM THE MAP? WHAT! playing for almost 10 years and I didn't know this...
    I’ve beennplaying since late Vanilla and I too had no idea.....how did people find out about this?????

Accept we've always known where Kul'tiras was, it's just players were never allowed to go there :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I’ve beennplaying since late Vanilla and I too had no idea.....how did people find out about this?????
    So glad I was not the ONLY person. OP was being an ass.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    In-game map =/= Canon map

-snip-
    They should just use this map's scaling, honestly. Except put the maelstrom back in the middle.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    An incorrect representation.
    Yes? And? It's not supposed to be accurate.

If you don't like that, I have some real bad news about -most- maps.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    Not only is it easier to click something that's bigger than something that's smaller, but it's the new thing added to the game.
    Why would they want the new thing they're trying to direct you to, to be smaller and thus less eye catching?
    Make it big so new users don't have to hunt for it, make it big so experienced users click it out of reflex.
    Win, win.
    This a laughably bad excuse for an obvious error.
    Or you know, like, the actual explanation. It's a computer game map, they obviously want the part of the game they just sold and that everyone is playing to be clear and obvious in the middle of the map.

Even despite that, its a high fantasy game, they didn't map out Azeroth using GPS. Try looking at maps from hundreds of years ago that would have been compiled using techniques similar to those available on Azeroth. Boats, stars, and dead reckoning (assuming Kadgar hasn't used his magic). Even today there are huge debates about the correct way to display a 2D map of earth to accurately represent the landmasses size and locations.

Earth map projections

Doesn't bother me, it's the same with our real world map. Amazon on our map is much smaller than it is in real life.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

We knew of Zandalar and Kul Tiras. Zandalar was previously considered hostile due to Zul's actions in the Troll patches in Cata and later at the Throne of Thunder, as well as believed mostly destroyed during the Cataclysm. Kul Tiras had isolated itself following the death of Daelin much like Gilneas had. It's now become necessary for us to ally with the two kingdoms.

- - - Updated - - -

OT I'd rather not have to zoom in every time I want to check whether there are any world quests I want to do on Kul Tiras.

I don't think I've ever seen someone complain about such a small issue before... Like, OP, is this REALLY important enough to REEEE over?

Follow up question - When do you plan on loosing your virginity? Because going by this, that is clearly intact still.

This topic comes up yet again, I'll post my vastly superior mock-up of what the world map should really look like. It's time all the cartographers admit they got the bearing of the entire Eastern Kingdoms continent wrong by about 15 degrees. There's no possible way to reconcile the existing lore about Nazjatar and the new positions of KT/Zandalar. Unless N'zoth is not where we think he is...

Part of the problem is that Lore requires that:

Zandalar and Stranglethorn are close.
    Menethil Harbour and Tomb of Sargeras are close.
    Tirisfal Glades, Stormheim and Howling Fjord are close.
    Kul Tiras, Gilneas and Tol Barad are close.
    Zandalar and Pandaria are close.
    Pandaria and Uldum are close.
    Vashj'ir and Naz'jatar are close.

Some of these things can work. Others now have stuff directly between them.
    Last edited by thesmall001; 2018-08-31 at 12:24 AM.

Deleted
    Is it just me that is greatly annoyed by the fact that this is not scaled properly? Looking at the map from azeroth-view, zandalar is almost as big as Pandaria, while Kul'Tiras is almost as big as the Broken Isles. This clearly isnt the case. In fact, in reality you would have to combine kul'tiras & zandalar to get about 78% of the size of Broken Isles, while still smalling, they are no where near Pandaria.

Thoughts on this ?
    FYI the real world map you use in schools is also not correct in scaling. not even close.