Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitre27 View Post
    Very few people have genuine reasons, they're mostly just excuse, and there's like no genetic issues that excuse being as fat as this "model"
    It is possible for her to have genuine reasons. Unlikely? Yep. But it is possible.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Another win for progressives everywhere.
    Have seen a Trump rally......pretty sure she could fit right in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Nope. Over 47 million Americans have some sort of Metabollic syndrome, while the number of endocrine disorders are a way lower (around 4~5% https://www.healthline.com/health/hy...nts-more#facts) it's not that uncommon, and women have tendencies to develop them. Now, I'm saying that being that obese is good? No. I'm saying that is mostly due to endocrine or metabollic syndrome? Also nope. But i'm saying that it is possible to be her size even if you try hard not to be. And that was the whole point.

That's not even considering mental illness which complicate matters a LOT.
    Yeah I was taking global society in consideration, dont know why americans are 7-8times more likely to develop those. And something thats also probably an american problem is treatment (hurray healthcare), most metabolic diseases are treated with hormone-therapy. But yes, I figured there are people out there who are seriously screwed by nature, and by much more serious conditions than hypo-this-or-that, but I lean towards the sentiment that more than 99% of obese people can actually do something about it. Diet, therapy or medication.

And this "its okay to be fat"-attitude is as dangerous as those "crippling depression"-jokes so prominent among millenials - get your fecking problems straight and stop celebrating them.
    Last edited by Draqson; 2018-08-30 at 09:56 PM.

Sorry, but for me it's let's say too much. While it's good that plus-size models are more and more covered, i think it would be better if they are just normal plus.

For me, she's too overweight. And it's the same if a model is too skinny. And here, overweight and skinny is like two sides of a coin. Cover either of them is simply insane: people always said that the skinny-models are a BAD role models, and that's absolutely right.

But WHAT does it say if now fat people are the role-models? Is this better, becaue it's unconventional? Sorry, but no. Being overweight is not better than being skinny. So sorry, but for me, the coverage, how ok it is to be overweight but then say that it's bad to be skinny is insane. If somebody is curvy, and has a bit too much weight, OK. But here: sorry, but no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Like the other guy, you say this but you don't prove it.
    But I can. Praeder-willi disease and cushing syndrome are medical conditions that can do just that. And those are only 2 of them. There are several, like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and some medicines, mainly those used to treat mental illness or for hormonal control, can also cause it.

Again, it's not common, but it is possible. And that was my point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't this the same woman who was on the fitness magazine or whatever?

You guys know they are getting a kick out of your outrage?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Plus-size? I thought plus-size was a term meant for relatively normal looking women with a bit of meat on them. Not unhealthy or fat, just not the extreme unhealthy skinny proportions of most models.

But this... this is sick. Why would anyone with half a brain praise severe obesity? There is nothing healthy about any of this. All this says is to ignore any sense of reality and to just eat yourself to death. Yeah, sure you can feel body pride instead of insecurity, but it will be while you're dying to obesity.

Why can't we just accept the people in the middle? The ones not unhealthy skinny or unhealthy fat? You know, common sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post
    Yeah I was taking global society in consideration, dont know why americans are 7-8times more likely to develop those. And something thats also probably an american problem is treatment (hurray healthcare), most metabolic diseases are treated with hormone-therapy. But yes, I figured there are people out there who are seriously screwed by nature, and by much more serious conditions than hypo-this-or-that, but I lean towards the sentiment that more than 99% of obese people can actually do something about it. Diet, therapy or medication.
    I would not say 99%, but yeah, I can agree with you on that. The overwhelming majority of morbidly obese people can do something to alleviate their conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Definately groundbreaking for sure.
    when she fell I didn't laugh, but the sidewalk cracked up
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

You folks don't seem to change on this subject. It's the usual game of "lets each have a turn coming up with something clever to write that makes us feel good by putting this model down." Anyway, retread is retread. Here's what I said last time:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49650592

Ah, I see the photograph of Leonard Nimoy was removed from the thread. So famous nudes are okay, but Nimoy's photography doesn't qualify apparently. That was my last ban, not sure. Whatevs...

Quote Originally Posted by Draqson View Post

And this "its okay to be fat"-attitude is as dangerous as those "crippling depression"-jokes so prominent among millenials - get your fecking problems straight and stop celebrating them.
    I wonder how many people are fat because they suffer from a medical condition compared to how many develop the condition as result of living an incredibly unhealthy lifestyle.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Yes, it really does. Its simple math, put 5 in and only use 2, surplus 3. Put 3 in but use 2, deficiet 1. Do that long enough you will shed weight. Mass requires fuel. Starve the fuel, lose mass. Everything else is fat apologism.
    No it's not. Medicines, hormones, genetics, all play a part. Not even the doctors are 100% sure of what can cause it, they know the bigger culprits, but they definitely don't know all of them. You are oversimplifying, but for example, when a woman takes contraceptive pills, they can gain A LOT of weight. There is way more than: eat less!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    FTFY. /10char
    How about we don't act like we've come out of a cave by editing quotes and actually point out, that I am not celebrating her size. Way to go to get on the cover of a magazine.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It is possible for her to have genuine reasons. Unlikely? Yep. But it is possible.
    Problem is every fat person claims to have those reasons.

Let's get a meth addict on the cover next. Show off how sexy and slender she is. You go, fierce girl!

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, the reasons are she stuffs copious amounts of junk food down her Sarlacc-like face hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Good god, there's plus size and then there's that
    ^ this.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if this entire thing was a marketing ploy by Cosmo to get some additional exposure. When Self magazine put her on the cover that generated a bunch of traffic for them...am sure some genius at Cosmo thought 'hey we can do that too!'.

No one in their right mind thinks this is healthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m just gonna say it. That’s fucking disgusting. It’s one thing to be fat or overweight. It’s another to be morbidly obese.

Ashley Graham is Sport's Illustrated big model. Not bad, I wouldn't call her fat.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Obesity is more dangerous than smoking so why plug it? Severely obese people die of natural causes in their 50s.