Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    We need our stunt back on FoF and a buff on our AOE damage. I think that is all
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

ST is fine ,AOE is fine, gcds not fine. i'm sitting at 344 ilvl and i'm doing just fine. Barely see myself being below any other dps in a dungeon. Starving on energy is a common thing for every class its not just MONKS. Chillax lets see how we do in uldir ... THEN we can start whining .

Deleted
    Run Ascension to fix the energy problems until better gear allows you to go back to a more DPS efficient talent. None of the guides mention the minimum haste required to run EE or FotWT without wasting a GCD waiting for resources or cooldowns every other 5 GCDs.

Other than that we have insane single target burst, which quickly dies down on prolonged fights. AoE is middle of the pack this expansion and our survival took a big hit outdoors with mobs scaling and in dungeons and raids with ToK no longer healing back.

FoF needs a buff as it's only utility is to be used to refill on energy now. It is no longer something you built up to, but rather a mandatory point in the rotation to be able to sustain the mastery bonus, which makes WW dull at the moment.

Love everything but the GCD, it's fairly minor admittedly but having it removed from either touch of Death or storm earth and fire would make the spec feel so much better. I hate the first half a second or so of my touch of death just been wasted. Not a huge issue it just feels really shitty

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fiif View Post
    Love everything but the GCD, it's fairly minor admittedly but having it removed from either touch of Death or storm earth and fire would make the spec feel so much better. I hate the first half a second or so of my touch of death just been wasted. Not a huge issue it just feels really shitty
    I don't know what's best, but I tend to do Tiger -> SE&F -> Touch of Death..

Maybe it's better to start with ToD?

I agree with the GCD being annoying, but it's mostly 'cause I'm so used to not having to consider it I Believe. It feels less weird now than it did when it was introduced.

ToD is basically 10% increase and SEF 35% increase so you may prefer to waste a gcd on ToD... unless doing it the other way around allow to fit one more big damage ability in the ToD+SEF window.

The opener is generally Fist of the White Tiger > Tiger Palm > ToD > SEF. SEF is the better cd so you want to waste as little as possible and using the two chi generators stops you energy capping. Can also add Invoke Xuen, the White Tiger in there (you can pop it before ToD as it will last the fully duration of ToD regardless).

In regards to it just been a feeling issue, ya I understand 100% that's the case. I guess I just really dislike the feeling that I am wasting the most important part of each fight (CD's) in this way. It isn't so bad after the opener admittedly as the second usage generally occurs when SEF is already used. Eh I'll be going WW fully on the next mythic dungeon clear so I guess I'll start to have a better idea then.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    It's fine on heroic and mythic dungeon bosses who die relativlely fast thanks to the damage ToD and ToK can push out.

But on trashpacks i mostly feel awkward. I need to use SEF to do ok damage. FoF feels not rewarding at all. Spinning crane kick doesn't either.

WDP feels powerfull though. But it's on a long cooldown.

To sum it up:

Short Boss fights are great
    Trash packs without cooldowns are meh..
    Exactly!!!!!
    Mi blog personal: HotJoint

Deleted
    I'm not touching my monk unless they revert or compensate the nerfs, mainly FoF stun, healing elixir or whatever it was called, +200% CD on paralysis (?!?!), leg sweep duration, healing on teleport, maneuverability on FSK and probably a few more. Others lost traits too, yes, but we've also been hit with the nerfbat on top of it.

Unwilling to adapt, or better said: completely lost the interest in this class, so no need to adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    revert or compensate the nerfs,

And still an absolute top class, movement and dps are easily in the top field. typical FOTM player here?

While WW has issue with survivability and the cleave damage of FoF being overnerfed, WW always was supposed to use SEF on trash, managing you cooldowns from ToK, SEF, ToD and timing things to be up for the boss is how you play the class. Blizzard expects you to use SEF often.
    Mistweaver Tax noun 1. The effect of both high mana costs, and lack of utility, coupled with requiring specific talent combinations to compete with other healers, while still not being able to compete with toolkits said healers have baseline in any competitive area.

Deleted
    I swapped this expac from Brew to WW and was hoping to level my shaman as my main instead. Honestly, WW does everything my shaman can do plus more.
    My only concern is the lack of energy after three or so rotations, but I'm only geared for heroics on my monk right now so I'm hoping that will change once the raids open etc.

Now if only they'd give Brew something to throw again and I'd be super happy.

So yep, pretty happy with some *'s.

WW isn't getting any faster with gear. The pace of the spec right now is the pace it will play for the entire expansion.

WW is the top simming dps right now. Sure that's not everything if the rotation feels bad but how much do you need? WW is way better than bringing most other melee atm.

Deleted
    I maining a dk, started leveling monk to 120 days ago, and feels soo much smoother in Ww than what Frost and unholy has to offer atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    WW is the top simming dps right now. Sure that's not everything if the rotation feels bad but how much do you need? WW is way better than bringing most other melee atm.
    People who play a class just for numbers are going to jump as soon as the numbers aren't good. The class feels like crap to play right now, but since the WW community won't complain to blizz like feral druids, we won't get any issues resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    Look at those sims dude. ToK at 12% of our damage...FoF is at 4% and nearly below offhand autoattacks. What the hell? SotWL is gone, FoF is pathetic, SCK is weak even at high stacks - and why even bother with the Mark of the Crane bullshit if the player isn't going to be rewarded for tagging as many mobs as possible? Might as well just make it a generic AoE clone and call it a day. Meanwhile we lost all of our self-healing, our hardest hitting skill is a defensive cooldown, and we have a three GCD opener that feels like garbage. Not to mention that our talent rows are STILL a joke. Chi Burst as the only level 15 that generates Chi; Ascension being crap since like, the dawn of time; Good Karma (a significant DPS increase) competing with utility talents; RJW even existing on a spec that already feels energy starved (and no way to disable the ugly, obnoxious animation).

I don't think anyone is denying that the spec is extremely strong right now, especially if you can reliably get a 100% ToK soak. But having played both WW and Rogue extensively at this point, WW feels like shit to me. The damage spread makes absolutely no sense, energy is consistently an issue, and the talent options - aside from level 100 and level 75 - just aren't there. It can top sims all it wants, for now WW is a hard pass for me until they take another look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by ONEDOTMEME View Post
    ST is fine ,AOE is fine, gcds not fine. i'm sitting at 344 ilvl and i'm doing just fine. Barely see myself being below any other dps in a dungeon. Starving on energy is a common thing for every class its not just MONKS. Chillax lets see how we do in uldir ... THEN we can start whining .
    you wont be taken to uldir when rogues have the same or more ST and actually have defense CD's they dont have to waste for dps

Quote Originally Posted by Xahz View Post
    Look at those sims dude. /snip It can top sims all it wants
    So you like the results, but not how you get there? Because you prefer one spell animation over another, the class is not enjoyable? Because you have to targetswitch for one of our AoE abilities the class is not enjoyable?

It's called class burnout and it's a very common phenomenon that affects all players at one point or another.

Are those ranked 1st sims up to date or still using 3 pre-nerf BOK traits with the serenity ST rotation that almost drops FoF (only cast it at the very end of the serinity window)?

This was stupid and i totally get people don't liking "how you get there".