Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    It looks like Hillary Clinton is one of our more honest politicians, and by quite a bit over most of them.
    Hillary, shockingly enough, is your average politician, no more evil or good than most others.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Rather Hillary, by virtue of being the target of the GOP for decades, was forced to be more transparent and more careful than your average politician.
    If only Trump could be half that transparent and careful, or even capable of that.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    If only Trump could be half that transparent and careful, or even capable of that.
    This would require he be capable of shame or self-reflection.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Thread title says "think" instead of something more appropriate like "know" or "acknowledge".
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    PBS Newshour (Woodruff, Wehner, Brown) : What's happened to the truth under President Trump?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNSFBgWlVyI

I think many of you need to see this and understand that this particular President has issues.
    A politician? Shocking a tell u! GASP!!!
    And that hillary, I hope nobody claims she has done anything but sung gospels of truth!

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    And that hillary, I hope nobody claims she has done anything but sung gospels of truth!
    What does this have to do with Hillary?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Politicians lie? I don't believe it!

If you think your politician doesn't lie, you have a very good politician.
    No politician is that gud

Needs a retarded populace...

Like people who complain about lying but voted for hillary..

The whataboutism is strong with this one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    The whataboutism is strong with this one.
    Did u vote for hillary?

Did u vote for hillary?
    Fuck no, I didn't like Hillary and I'm not dumb enough to vote for Trump. I don't vote for people I don't like and especially don't vote for orange retards.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's politicians who lie, then there's Donald Trump who makes easily debunkable lies every day.
    Putin khuliyo

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Did u vote for hillary?
    Haha, man I feel bad for you.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

Were absolutely correct? And it keeps getting proven again and again every day? Is that where you were going with this?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

And now the lying liar is suggesting that NBC doctored the Lester Holt interview where he admitted he fired Comey over the Russia investigation.

What’s going on at @CNN is happening, to different degrees, at other networks - with @NBCNews being the worst. The good news is that Andy Lack(y) is about to be fired(?) for incompetence, and much worse. When Lester Holt got caught fudging my tape on Russia, they were hurt badly!
    Bolded for emphasis. Is it worse if he knows what he's doing or if he believes his own lies? Both are terrible.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

I think some of you aren't distinguishing very well between lies, misstatements, misunderstandings, and someone that would seem to lie with almost every breath he takes. I am willing to believe that Trump has a mental defect that induces him to lie almost constantly, as certainly he has been spouting falsehoods for decades. And ultimately, this is focused on Trump's abysmal record. Mentioning someone else or comparisons are basically whataboutism.

If the consensus is simply that we all wish politicians should be more truthful, then certainly we would all agree. But that doesn't excuse the activities of the over the top liar sitting in the oval office nor does it excuse the rabid faithful that believe his bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa Bannon View Post
    that doesn't excuse the activities of the over the top liar sitting in the oval office nor does it excuse the rabid faithful that believe his bullshit.
    Agreed.

Also, Trump's rabid fanbase doesn't have a good defense to why Trump refuses to speak under oath. They best they come up with is "perjury trap" which, again, is flat-out admission Trump will lie when given the chance.

It's already established fact that Trump lies on a regular basis. He's on record lying thousands of times by now.

Whatever argument could have existed on this issue was over a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And you are telling me that he is no different than any other politician? I will show you a picture that shows you how wrong you are.

As you can see, Trump is leading in only one thing, LYING.
    Even Hillary Clinton tells the truth more than Trump does.
    A data analyst over at The Federalist had a great two-part breakdown of Politifact, and I'd encourage anyone to give it a read.

Part 1
    Part 2

There's also some really funny compilations out there of some very questionable Politifact verdicts.

That said, Trump does lie often and repeatedly, but I do feel like it bears mentioning that Politifact is not the great unbiased arbiter of truth we all wish it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    The problem is not that Trump lies, it's that he seems to never tell the truth. But you keep on what about isiming.
    8% or so mostly true or higher going by that chart. I'm not sure I could accomplish that if I actively tried every second of the day. I'd let slip some mundane fact or another. With rates like that you'd ask the guy his name and he'd say "ABE LINCOLN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    That said, Trump does lie often and repeatedly, but I do feel like it bears mentioning that Politifact is not the great unbiased arbiter of truth we all wish it was.
    Trump doing it "often and repeatedly" is a severe understatement. It's like breathing for him, the only real issue is he's so bad at lying that you'd think someone doing it for decades would have gotten better at it by now. If only you got angry at how often he lies.

Politifact is not unbiased how? Also, why'd you bring them up?
    Last edited by Dontrike; 2018-08-30 at 11:49 PM.