Poll: On your 120, is War Mode primarily on or off?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    On because it's fun and it adds that spice that can go both ways depending on what you decide in the spur of the moment. Needed that after a couple days at max without it.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

on since day one. the pvp abilities help when soloing stuff. short meta cd is dope.

Quote Originally Posted by KCguy View Post
    The majority don't have it on. If you want to to add more excitement and frustration go for it, but I just want to finish what I have to do.
    Really? I feel like warmode off feels empty when doing world quests, but that is probably because im horde? So i switched it back on.

Deleted
    Off since day 2. It provided a minor boost in the 1st few hours, but quickly became a hinderance.

10% more azurite just isn't worth it when 3+ Horde decide to kill you along your path... because your there.

Heck, even on my leveling toons, the only reason I might enable it is for the extra skills.

Off on Alliance.
    On on Horde.

Obviously, even though I play PvE exclusively, I'm not going to refuse a free bonus.

And yes, this is one of the very few instances I'd say someone at Blizzard should get fired over this.
    Last edited by HuxNeva; 2018-08-31 at 05:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only have it on, on classes with stealth. Cba getting gangbanged by whole party of horde on every second WQ
    Raider and multi-classer currently on:
    Fire Mage on Ravencrest EU
    Guardian Druid on Ravencrest EU

I've always played on PvP servers, so obviously warmode on.

And the faction balance is so much better in this system than before. In my shard or w/e they call it, there seems to be more alliance teaming up than Horde. Not been invited or seen a Horde raid group yet. But I don't mind.
    All that matters is that there is finally enough alliance around for me to start enjoying being out in the world again!

Warmode is probably the best thing that have happened to WoW ever.

Its off for me and will most likely stay that way forever. I was only on a PvP server because my friends were already playing when I started and that's where they were.

Off on my alliance toon, EU has massive horde parties killing alliance at nearly every WQ, on on my horde, free 10% azerite!

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    On your 120 (not a toon youre leveling), is war mode currently primarily on or off for you? Just curious where the MMOC community stands on this from a data standpoint.

Some talking points could be what influences this decision and your personal anecdotes on the matter and your overall feelings on the war mode system.
    you are missing 3rd option - both

when im playing my horde toons i keep it 100 % up

when i play allience i keep it 100% off

reason is simply - allience people barely play with warmode on and shards are always swarmed with horde everywhere . no point wasting time. which means as horde i can even afk on allience islands and never die .

Was never activated. Always off.

Deleted
    Always on, i do all the world quests with a party of friends so even when I do end up in a fight it's fun with a full party.

And if not it's free 10% everything

I have it off, personally. I turned it on the very first day to level faster, then as soon as I hit 120 I turned it back off. I don't really enjoy the pvp aspect of the game, when it comes to RPGs (MMO or not) I'm much more into the idea of working with other players rather than fighting against other players.

War mode has been one of the best changes in recent history in my opinion; I've played WoW since just before TBC came out and for nearly all that time I've been stuck on pvp servers because that's where my friends/guilds have been. Once realID and cross-realm play was possible I could have still played with them while having my character on a pve server, but I didn't because I wasn't fond of how detatched from everything that would have made me. Now I can still be on the same server and in the same guild as my friends, but enjoy a non-pvp experience while they still get to have their wpvp gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly just left it on when I hit 120, the rewards bonuses are nice and I love the new feeling of being on a pvp server after being on a Normal (not even rp, which I actually like to do) server for so long. Plus it feels more Battle for Azerothy. We should be fighting each other!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Only possibility is WM ON. You can play almost alone, because everyone has warmode turned off.
    With WM on I met on WQ like 1-3 players (mix of horde and aliance), with WM off I met like 30 guys..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    On your 120 (not a toon youre leveling), is war mode currently primarily on or off for you? Just curious where the MMOC community stands on this from a data standpoint.

Some talking points could be what influences this decision and your personal anecdotes on the matter and your overall feelings on the war mode system.
    The only valid reason to enable Warmode, is +15% XP while levelling.. For 120s, there is no reason..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

On on my horde char

Off on my alliance char

For obvious reasons .

10+ Year Old Account
    Turned it on when it got implemented and haven't turned it off since. I'm having a blast playing in a server where everyone has agreed to pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alliance - On. 3 reasons: 1) PvP abilities for PvE. 2) 10% rewards. 3) Fun.

It's been on ever since Darkshore. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed world pvp that much. I remember joining a 30+ man Alliance group in Vol'Dun that was hunting down a 30+ Horde on protecting their assassins. We finally reached them, surrounded them and after a 2+ min battle, we absolutely destroyed them. Then our group got some bounties. And we were the ones that were chased down. It was just pure fun. I even got my Horde Slayer title that day.

The only issue I am having is during WQs, where I always feel outnumbered by a lot ( like 10 Horde vs 3 Alliance ). I don't know if it's a faction balance issue or if it's how sharding works while solo ( I will form a better opinion once I level my Horde toon ). Still I refuse to turn it off for that reason. The only time I might turn it off is while doing Mythics, just cause I don't want 40 mouthbreathers killing me while summoning.