Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Can you quote me on the shit you are accusing me of please? I don’t remember “propagating” much of a shit around at all. Also, are you sure that you are the best person to talk about “civility”? I ain’t the one accusing people of being ignorant or trolls for simply disagreeing with their opinions, that’s you mate, you might want to try to remember that the next time you feel like giving this kind of good guy bullshit speech again.
    Myobi you totally did say dem mean things about random interweb users! Just lemme go asspull them from somewhere....

But yeah dude. SC community is a bunch of toxic hypocrites. This is known.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

The entire million+ of them? Actually as someone who has interacted with hundreds, if not thousands of members of the SC community both in-game and out, I'm just going to come out and say no you're wrong so very, very wrong. The SC community is by far the best I've ever dealt with by a country mile out of any large gaming community period.

Hahaha, now the backers or anyone interested in this has to pay an additional $20 to watch the Citizencon stream.....you know, the con where they show the backers how the project's going. You want an update? Pay up. https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...zencon_online/
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Chris really is desperate for money. Charging us, as backers, to watch CitizenCon. How scummy is this shit? Lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Yes it does look incredibly awesome but how a single player RPG is a definite blow to a Space Sim MMO is beyond me. If you had said it would be a killing blow to Bioware then I would have agreed.

Nope, the other game had 12 people working on it in 2012. Cyberpunk 2077 has 900 devs working on it now, a little less than double that of Star Citizen and SQ42. So no, doesn't sound familiar. One of those game devs had proper state of the art studios ready to go with trained employees already familiar with their proven tool chain pipeline(an almost unspeakably huge advantage) and carrying the momentum of just finishing a succesful game, the other had a backroom office and some dreams.

Cyberpunk 2077 is almost certainly not releasing soon and won't be for years. CD Project Red have said that they would like to see it released in 2019 but with that lack of confidence it doesn't seem likely.

Are we talking about Star Citizen or SQ42? Neither of those games feature "basic mechanics".

Yes, your mates over on the ED forums will be writhing on the floor dribbling out the mouth and having fits. Cyberpunk 2077 is no competition for Star Citizen and as for SQ42 single player games don't really compete with each other unless they come out during the same release window. Most people are lucky to even spend two weeks with a single player game before moving onto something else. I have no doubt that Cyberpunk 2077 will be an incredible success and agree that there are questions marks hanging above SQ42 but comparing the two is nonsensical. Single player game success is extremely reliant on intense marketing hype concentrated around release while multiplayer games have the benefit of being able to grow due to on-going development and word of mouth. 99.9999999999999% of potential customers of both games couldn't give two sh*ts about armchair expert impressions of the internal workings of two different game companies so no there will be no drama of massive proportions. Sorry to disappoint.
    I appreciate your effort to respond. That said, I think it's reasonable to state that Cyberpunk will set the bar of a single player experience really high for SQ42. CIG has had that long to make their game too with A-list actors on top of it. All eyes are on CIG right now.

I won't respond to the 900-employee stuff due to others already having done so. I will say that with the facts on the table, it still seems that not only has Cyberpunk had less devs full time and less time in development but also surpassed CIG on every level.

Cyberpunk has until now been the go-to meme of "You don't complain about Cyberpunk but you do of SC/SQ42 and they've both been in development since 2012". Now that we've seen gameplay of Cyberpunk and have the facts on the table, it immediately seems to have shifted to "I wish we had that in SC". That says quite a bit about CIG's "success".

Let's see what CIG can cook up for CitizenCon. The pressure is on. That said, not even sure I will watch it this year of CIG actually will charge for it. So let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post
    Hahaha, now the backers or anyone interested in this has to pay an additional $20 to watch the Citizencon stream.....you know, the con where they show the backers how the project's going. You want an update? Pay up. https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comme...zencon_online/
    Yeah. I'd feel bad for the backers but they knew the shitfest they were getting into when backing this.

From the outside looking in reading all about the latest hustle is fucking riveting. Surely the rubes who put in thousands can't just be going "t-trust me in ten years i will lock into my vr chamber and live the life of a sky pirate forever free, i'll leave you all behind!" forever right? there has to be some point where this snakeoil show has to have them go "okay. i've been scammed" right?

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    Chris really is desperate for money. Charging us, as backers, to watch CitizenCon. How scummy is this shit? Lmao.

Let's see what CIG can cook up for CitizenCon. The pressure is on. That said, not even sure I will watch it this year of CIG actually will charge for it. So let's wait and see.
    The live opening and closing keynote by Chris Roberts is free for account holders, which is what most people care about anyway. I think there's some motivation this year to avoid Twitch because of the idiots in chat. Keynotes will be uploaded to Youtube the same day. Only the live dev panels cost money for non-subscribers/non-concierge and they will be uploaded to Youtube shortly afterwards anyway. The community meltdown is rather comical though. Another PR disaster.

As for Cyberpunk 2077, I think CD Project Red are showing up the entire gaming industry to be honest. Very impressive stuff if that vertical slice ends up actually reflecting the finished product. The world building, character animation, and story telling appear to be top-notch as expected although I thought the FPS gameplay looks inferior to the likes of Rage 2 or the new Doom game and the graphics are going to suffer hard because consoles, the lighting looked rather flat in places and the inevitable downgrades are yet to come if they are expecting it run on Xbox One and PS4.

And for the Cyberpunk 2077 vs Star Citizen development debacle I still think you're underestimating the advantage of being able to start making your game with a inhouse engine and full suite of proven development tools and staff trained to use them compared to just a off the shelf engine that wasn't fit for purpose(no engine was) and very little staff at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post
    No to watch the keynotes it's free for account holders, only watching the dev panels live cost money and they will be uploaded to Youtube later anyway.
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-08-31 at 10:41 AM.

Why would it be a scam for them to have mismanaged the money and just came up short on finishing the project, if that does indeed happen? Plenty of crowdfunded projects have had that happen. Yeah, this would be the most spectacular one by miles in that case, but still doesn't mean it would be a scam. I hope they at least have an "exit plan" where they release SQ42 and any additional sales revenues beyond the backers copies would be used to finish the MMO if it comes to that.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    From the outside looking in reading all about the latest hustle is fucking riveting. Surely the rubes who put in thousands can't just be going "t-trust me in ten years i will lock into my vr chamber and live the life of a sky pirate forever free, i'll leave you all behind!" forever right? there has to be some point where this snakeoil show has to have them go "okay. i've been scammed" right?
    Put down the joint man, that stuff will rot your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    By the time this eventually comes out people will have stopped giving a shit for the most part mate.

What will happen is if it ever does release is that on day 1 big streamers like Sodapoppin or whatnot will get free keys for promotion. Simple as that.

SC is just one of the few examples of crowdfunding done poorly. They have enough money to make RDR 1 and 2 as someone put it and they've mismanaged the project, gone cash grabby as hell with an unfinished product and flat out lied at certain points.

Does nobody find it odd that AAA studios can release a product with way less money? I mean doesn't this game have like 350-500 devs or something around that number? How does that not scream "mismanagement" when a fairly sizeable team can't even meet deadlines on a consistent basis?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-31 at 10:43 AM.

Yeah. I'd feel bad for the backers but they knew the shitfest they were getting into when backing this.
    How would they know it's a shitfest before they backed, and why is it a shitfest exactly?

The live opening and closing keynote by Chris Roberts is free for account holders, which is what most people care about anyway. I think there's some motivation this year to avoid Twitch because of the idiots in chat. Keynotes will be uploaded to Youtube the same day. Only the live dev panels cost money for non-subscribers/non-concierge and they will be uploaded to Youtube shortly afterwards anyway. The community meltdown is rather comical though. Another PR disaster.

As for Cyberpunk 2077, I think CD Project Red are showing up the entire gaming industry to be honest. Very impressive stuff if that vertical slice ends up actually reflecting the finished product. The world building, character animation, and story telling appear to be top-notch as expected although I thought the FPS gameplay looks inferior to the likes of Rage 2 or the new Doom game and the graphics are going to suffer hard because consoles, the lighting looked rather flat in places and the inevitable downgrades are yet to come if they are expecting it run on Xbox One and PS4.

And for the Cyberpunk 2077 vs Star Citizen development debacle I still think you're underestimating the advantage of being able to start making your game with a inhouse engine and full suite of proven development tools and staff trained to use them compared to just a off the shelf engine that wasn't fit for purpose(no engine was) and very little staff at all.

- - - Updated - - -

No to watch the keynotes it's free for account holders, only watching the dev panels live cost money and they will be uploaded to Youtube later anyway.
    Why is the keynote the important part?
    Chris has been repeatedly proven to be lying to peoples faces about the state of the game and the development.
    His word isn't worth the paper its written on at this point.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Chris has been repeatedly proven to be lying to peoples faces about the state of the game and the development.
    His word isn't worth the paper its written on at this point.
    NUUUUUU

Chris would never lie! He is the holy grail of this entire game because he made Wing Commander!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cause people like you have been such a ray of sunshine in this thread. Right????

MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Cause people like you have been such a ray of sunshine in this thread. Right????

Bruh.

I'm so sunny I cause forest fires....

Wait what.

Anywho you know me. I'm full on critical. Call it bashing if you want to as you are fully entitled to your opinion but I would say it's been fair given the state of the game.

Can't really say much more than that. However credit where it's due least you are honest with your opinions. I like people who don't sugar coat.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bruh.

I'm so sunny I cause forest fires....

Wait what.

Anywho you know me. I'm full on critical. Call it bashing if you want to as you are fully entitled to your opinion but I would say it's been fair given the state of the game.

Can't really say much more than that. However credit where it's due least you are honest with your opinions. I like people who don't sugar coat.
    I think we have been through this before. I Don't really have a problem with people disliking a game and letting others know that. Just gets annoying to see the same arguments over and over. You are pretty much posting exactly what you were posting 1-2 years ago.

And of course you are free to do that, not saying you aren't. Just some times It annoys me to the point i have to say something.

Nor am I trying to say anything bad about you. While we disagree about this game there are many things we have agreed on before.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Because it's when they show the good stuff they have been working on. The keynote is scheduled to run for about two hours according to the schedule so they must have a decent amount of stuff to show off. Last year they showed off the very impressive Arccorp planet city demo. Around the same time as Citizencon Star Citizen will be recieving 3.3 PTU the biggest update it's ever had which will include the planet Hurston so I'm sure they will be talking about that as well and it's something alot of people are very excited about. The update 3.3 will also be when the new object container streaming and network bind culling make their long awaited debut. This is the tech that will enable the game to support huge planets, capital ships and help the game run at a acceptable frame rate.

We haven't seen much of hurston yet, just a few tid bits.

Concept art of the city of Lorville on Hurston.

Some building assets for Lorville

Weather effects on Hurston.
    https://i.giphy.com/2zozXFhgwrW5vGjO1R.mp4
    Last edited by CogsNCocks; 2018-08-31 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I think we have been through this before. I Don't really have a problem with people disliking a game and letting others know that. Just gets annoying to see the same arguments over and over. You are pretty much posting exactly what you were posting 1-2 years ago.

And of course you are free to do that, not saying you aren't. Just some times It annoys me to the point i have to say something.

Nor am I trying to say anything bad about you. While we disagree about this game there are many things we have agreed on before.
    Eh say what's on your mind mate. Never pull any punches imo. .

Just this game and a couple of others I just lack the faith in is all. Not gonna lie.

Because it's when they show the good stuff they have been working on. The keynote is scheduled to run for about two hours according to the schedule so they must have a decent amount of stuff to show off. Last year they showed off the very impressive Arccorp planet city demo. Around the same time as Citizencon Star Citizen will be recieving 3.3 PTU the biggest update it's ever had which will include the planet Hurston so I'm sure they will be talking about that as well and it's something alot of people are very excited about. The update 3.3 will also be when the new object container streaming and network bind culling make their long awaited debut. This is the tech that will enable the game to support huge planets, capital ships and help the game run at a acceptable frame rate.

We haven't seen much of hurston yet, just a few tid bits.

Concept art of the city of Lorville on Hurston.

Some building assets for Lorville

Weather effects on Hurston.
    https://i.giphy.com/2zozXFhgwrW5vGjO1R.mp4
    After the game has been in development this long, I don't care about them showing off or talking about anything but a release date. All this work and all this stuff is cool, but ultimately doesn't mean anything until they actually release it rather than taking people's money to put on impressive (and expensive) tech demos.

This thread alone has been open for 6 years, and all we're still getting from them are screenshots, tech demos and more empty promises after they've failed to meet their own due dates several times. They need to put up or shut up and release a GAME already. Use some of that hoard of cash they're getting to hire a legitimate project manager and game director and get a product out the door.

6 years dev time and still getting concept art and tech demos