Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So many people that have low itemlevel or no experience and want to do mythic dungeons but somehow they are not able to find eachother. If there only was a tool ingame. Imagine you could create your own group and just put the description "First run, no experience, 325 ilvl is fine, bring some time please" in. Damn that would be marvelous. Instead you have to join one of these already existing groups with their horrendous requirements and full of elitists. It's a shame...

People just want to get carried and even the smallest amount of responsibility too much. They will deny it but it's been like that since 2004 and will be till the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Naiyano View Post
    So many people that have low itemlevel or no experience and want to do mythic dungeons but somehow they are not able to find eachother. If there only was a tool ingame. Imagine you could create your own group and just put the description "First run, no experience, 325 ilvl is fine, bring some time please" in. Damn that would be marvelous. Instead you have to join one of these already existing groups with their horrendous requirements and full of elitists. It's a shame...

People just want to get carried and even the smallest amount of responsibility too much. They will deny it but it's been like that since 2004 and will be till the end.
    Just image if Blizz gated the latest raid behind getting 1000 unique pets achievement, and made it character specific, then you'd see the tears flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    We're not even on the third lockout yet. In just a couple weeks mythic 0 will be faceroll.
    and people will require full uldir titanforged gear for a m0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    And this encapsulates the whole problem with mythic dungeons and groupfinder.
    Like i've said before it's bizarre to say the least that Blizzard have made higher level gear accessible to more players, whilst at the same time giving them the tools to enable discrimination in forming groups. No idea why it's not done via LFG by default with custom groups being optional. I half wonder if they did this to skirt around fixing specs when they are fucking shit.

For reference I'm an ilvl 341 tank so no I'm not salty about not getting into groups because I have no issue whatsoever getting into them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boxilot View Post
    Mythic 0 should be in dungeonfinder imo. It isn't any more difficult than heroics in cata, and we did them just fine with random groups. Of course some communication was in order, but that wasn't a problem really.

I'm grateful that we run mythic groups in my guild, otherwise I can easily see the challenge this would provide. Of course it is good to find friends etc, but this isn't the way to do it. Locking away rewards like pets and important crafting mats in a mode that demands either high ivl/tank or healer/friends who have time to play at the same time as yourself sort of goes against everything else blizz has tried to do to this game. It doesn't really make any sense.

We don't really have the same server community that we used to. People don't know each other outside the guilds anymore, at least not on my server. I remember being contacted often enough to tank heroics/raids by members of other guilds because they knew me. And I did the same when I needed some quick help and no guildies were available. It really isn't like that anymore, and not everyone are up to "toughen it up" and deal with the toxicity that is groupfinder these days. I don't think people should have to, either. The way M0 is these days they could easily be put in the dungeonfinder.
    It should be, or what about just remove heroics. They are pointless and only a bloat. We need 2 puggable / automatic matchmaking options (=leveling or fresh max level and progressive automatic matchmaking for farming materials and stuff). Manual matchmaking only for progression content aka mythic+

We don't need bloated dungeon categories and bloated item levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Furtim View Post
    Just image if Blizz gated the latest raid behind getting 1000 unique pets achievement, and made it character specific, then you'd see the tears flow.
    I would find this hilarious.

I think these changes were made very deliberately and unless Blizzard caves, they will explicitly not put Mythic0 in the dungeonfinder.

They want to get people back to forming more organic groups. Obviously this will not go down well with people who got used to the dungeonfinder over all these years. I'm not a huge fan of it either, but I (think so at least) can see what they're trying to do anyway.

Generally, the team currently responsible for gameplay seem to be on a retro trip, we also have a big return of "brainless basilisks"-style quest where you need to kill 30+ hawks for 8 feathers (also as a WQ).

Hydrocore from M0 is also a very deliberate choice for limiting crafting, because you can only run so many M0 per week. That's not an oversight, that's intentional.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Rather I am not a fan of what Mythics have become.

I had no problem w/Mythics when they only dropped higher ilevel gear, however now Pet drops (mythic), mount drops (mythic) crafting regent (mythic) that IMO is BS and these things should should be in heroic.

I have a max level tailor w/nothing to make. She can't make higher level gear cause requires Hydrocore or bags cause it requires Hyrocore mythic only drop. I litterally sent all her cloth to a bank toon to sell because there is nothing worth making unless I run mythic dungeons.

I am a avid pet collector and battler, I didn't mind Lagan being locked behind mythic dungeons that was one pet. Now every pet that is a drop in BFA is either in Atharai Highlands or Mythic Dungeons.

I know what you guys are going to say "get gud and run mythics" . Well most of the people I played w/quit during WoD the community the way it is now it is challenging to make new friends. Running Dungeons no one talks, or communicates what so ever although personally I make a significant effort. So that leaves me with trying to find random groups.

Let me tell you as a DPS it sucks. Using the group finder it is denial after denial after denial, and forming your own group is a exercise in futility unless you have a obscene item level or are a tank or healer. Lastly I am not willing to sit in a capital city, for hours on end damn near having to offer sexual favors to get a tank or healer to run one mythic. That isn't actually playing the game, and I pay my sub to play not sit in a capital city trying to pimp myself out.

Please move the drops to heroic, at least w/some of the pets and the crafting mat. People that can run mythics already get better gear isn't that enough?
    To answer your last question: “No, it is not enough.”

I’m a Rogue (so only dps specs) and I run all Mythic Dungeons every week. Everytime I join a Dungeon group I think I apply to maybe 20-50 groups before being accepted. That takes max 10 min. Just apply to all groups. Even now when I’m ilvl 341 I still get rejected for most groups. But I don’t take it personal and I don’t care if 100 groups reject me as long as I’m accepted by one.

Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    Generally, the team currently responsible for gameplay seem to be on a retro trip, we also have a big return of "brainless basilisks"-style quest where you need to kill 30+ hawks for 8 feathers (also as a WQ).
    I think the "loot these" quests are plentiful this time around to limit the impact of partying to complete quests faster, since loot isn't shared progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Well yeah it should considering those items are on par with raid gear.

355 is Uldir Normal. And you can craft it without setting foot in a raid. People are doing so this week since if you did at least 6 Mythics last week you can do 9 this week for 15 Hydrocores.

God fucking forbid you have to put in a miniscule amount of effort to craft decent gear.

Crafting 355 gear does not require you to do Mythic + or raids either. So stop spreading misinformation. It can be done on normal Mythic difficulty which is faceroll as hell.

The 370 and 385 gear requires a material from the raid and so it should. It's Heroic/Mythic ilvl gear.
    No, it shouldn't Blizzard constantly makes this mistake with crafting. They make 'raid-quality' recipes, then gate them behind either a) the patterns dropping in raids, or b) the materials dropping in raids. The problem is, by the time you get the pattern and/or materials, you already have DROPS FROM THE FUCKING RAID! So what's the goddamn advantage of crafting if, by the time you get the item, you already have equivalent or better?

Remember those uber-awesome blacksmithing upgradable weapons in BC? Yeah, by the time you got all the required raid drops for the final upgrade, you already had 2 or 3 weapon drops from those raids that were better than it. Wow, great fucking design there Blizzard... who's the ad-genius who thought of that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RussW210 View Post
    I think the "loot these" quests are plentiful this time around to limit the impact of partying to complete quests faster, since loot isn't shared progress.
    That isn't the problem. It's all the featherless hawks and skinless/heartless/liverless bears running around the world that are the problem. When 'Loot 8' turns into 'Kill 30', it's shitty design.

Just wait 2 weeks and you'll outgear 0s so much that they'll be a joke....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    Things of relevant power should come from relevant difficulty.
    I'm not sure what ilvl LFR will drop, but I'm gonna guess 340ish.

Mythic dungeons are faceroll, as is LFR.

By the time LFR comes out, if you actually play the game for gear, you'll be decked out in m+, or other raid gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    I agree with the Battle Pets, if you play WoW to collect and fight with Battle Pets you may not want to do Mythic Dungeon content so it doesn't make much sense to me why Blizzard would lock them behind Mythic dungeons.

Out of all the pets added in BFA, how many are from Mythic dungeons? 4?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin View Post
    They want to get people back to forming more organic groups. Obviously this will not go down well with people who got used to the dungeonfinder over all these years. I'm not a huge fan of it either, but I (think so at least) can see what they're trying to do anyway.
    I wouldn't really mind that much if we would also again have dozens of zones to explore that took weeks to do. But instead we need mere hours to hit max level and are either funneled into M+ or raids (possibly both, while they should be alternatives). With an attitude of grind it till you make it.

1. Why would you need 355 gear if you're only doing Heroic dungeons?

2. Why don't you just find a guild, and make new friends? It honestly isn't hard.

3. Most pets can be bought on the AH, so farm gold with other means and just simply buy them so you can continue to play Pokemon.

The only one making an issue out of this is you. Even finding groups as DPS is easy enough - queue up for everything you can while you do your WQs, in the end someone accepts. If your Ilvl is too low, then you run HCs or try to form your own groups for m0.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    I'm not sure what ilvl LFR will drop, but I'm gonna guess 340ish.

Mythic dungeons are faceroll, as is LFR.

By the time LFR comes out, if you actually play the game for gear, you'll be decked out in m+, or other raid gear.
    Using that logic do you honestly believe 5 people taken at random from lfr (assuming proper group comp) would be able to clear a mythic?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    Rather I am not a fan of what Mythics have become.

I had no problem w/Mythics when they only dropped higher ilevel gear, however now Pet drops (mythic), mount drops (mythic) crafting regent (mythic) that IMO is BS and these things should should be in heroic.

I have a max level tailor w/nothing to make. She can't make higher level gear cause requires Hydrocore or bags cause it requires Hyrocore mythic only drop. I litterally sent all her cloth to a bank toon to sell because there is nothing worth making unless I run mythic dungeons.

I am a avid pet collector and battler, I didn't mind Lagan being locked behind mythic dungeons that was one pet. Now every pet that is a drop in BFA is either in Atharai Highlands or Mythic Dungeons.

I know what you guys are going to say "get gud and run mythics" . Well most of the people I played w/quit during WoD the community the way it is now it is challenging to make new friends. Running Dungeons no one talks, or communicates what so ever although personally I make a significant effort. So that leaves me with trying to find random groups.

Let me tell you as a DPS it sucks. Using the group finder it is denial after denial after denial, and forming your own group is a exercise in futility unless you have a obscene item level or are a tank or healer. Lastly I am not willing to sit in a capital city, for hours on end damn near having to offer sexual favors to get a tank or healer to run one mythic. That isn't actually playing the game, and I pay my sub to play not sit in a capital city trying to pimp myself out.

Please move the drops to heroic, at least w/some of the pets and the crafting mat. People that can run mythics already get better gear isn't that enough?
    Green crafting mats should easily be farmed in normal.
    Rare crafting mats should drop occassionally on heroic.
    Mythic should increase the drop chance for both and possible future epic crafting reagents.

Using that logic do you honestly believe 5 people taken at random from lfr (assuming proper group comp) would be able to clear a mythic?
    Yes. Everyone can clear a regular Mythic dungeon. It is the old Heroic difficulty, never made to be hard, just to be for max level characters while normal dungeons was for leveling and completely fresh max level characters.

Now, I have over a decade of experience, and so do my friends and we cleared all Mythic dungeons the first day we was 120, everyone being under 300 ilvl. Even then most of them was a faceroll (though mostly because we have good knowledge of our classes and have interrupt and CC chains coded in our heads). Some bosses we had to read up on in the dungeon journal, but that was it.

Now when we're 340+, it's like nothing tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

LOL yes, you are taking 5 random people from LFG and completing them... what the hell is the difference???

Quote Originally Posted by slalmon View Post
    LOL yes, you are taking 5 random people from LFG and completing them... what the hell is the difference???
    I think you would discover it quickly.