Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Can you be well geared just from M+?

Plan on just spamming keystones on my two tanks. Don't have the attention span for raiding. Will i miss out on important gear upgrades?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtybrew View Post
    Plan on just spamming keystones on my two tanks. Don't have the attention span for raiding. Will i miss out on important gear upgrades?
    no azerite gear from m+ (except the weekly chest) so gonna need something else to fill in those gaps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    no azerite gear from m+ (except the weekly chest) so gonna need something else to fill in those gaps.
    Could just rock the 3 welfare slots and keep shaking the dice to get the best trait. So the answer is no?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Could just rock the 3 welfare slots and keep shaking the dice to get the best trait. So the answer is no?
    If the weekly chest gods are kind to you then no, you'll be fine just doing mythic+. That'll probably change in future tiers when stronger trinkets are available in raids, along with the possibility of new azerite powers etc.

Depends a lot on how you define "well geared". You will not be able to compete with mythic raiders in any capacity, but you should be about where heroic raiders are. Maybe a smidge below due to trinkets/azerite gear
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Depends a lot on how you define "well geared". You will not be able to compete with mythic raiders in any capacity, but you should be about where heroic raiders are. Maybe a smidge below due to trinkets/azerite gear
    Most raid trinkets are pretty bad, and a few dungeon trinkets are okish~ Most of the best trinkets are TFed world boss/dungeon trinkets.

I had chars in Legion who were 970+ geared and did only m+. The best trinkets and sets came from raids of course but the itemlevel was ok. Now we don't have sets and the best trinkets in the first tier often come from dungeon/world bosses. At least season one will make no differnece i guess. You will gear slower than a mythic raider but you will get the gear eventually.

In 7.3.2, world's best M+ player did not raid mythic.
    In 7.2.5, world's 3rd best M+ player did not raid mythic.
    We might start seeing a lot more examples of this in BfA, now that raid tier sets are gone, and raid trinkets are not as OP for now.

Unless you raid cutting edge mythic and clear it within the first couple of weeks you will not really get much of a gear advantage this time around. With 1-3 Mythic level pieces from the weekly chest you can easily gear up through welfare heroic raid gear and M+.

Deleted
    It was already possible in Legion and it will be more so in BFA. Make sure you cap your weekly chest and try to do a Heroic raid once in a while. They'll be pugged by end of September.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you get Best In Slot equal to a Mythic geared raider from just m+? No.

Can you get "well geared" and be geared enough to tank all content that's not bleeding edge progress without problems? Yep, definitely.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    I think weapons were weekly chest only as well, or was that changed?

Am I reading the info on WoWhead incorrectly or otherwise missing something? I can see that it'll take longer to get Azerite gear in particular as that can only come from the weekly chest but at +10 the ilvl for that is 385, the ilvl for other weekly chest items is 380 and the end of dungeon gear is 370. It'll definitely take longer to gear (particularly as Mythic raiders will likely do both) but by the end of a tier the very best M+ players ought to be reasonably close to their Mythic raiding counterparts.

Quote Originally Posted by Greif9 View Post
    I think weapons were weekly chest only as well, or was that changed?
    WoWhead is saying they can drop from both end of dungeon and weekly chests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    Can you get Best In Slot equal to a Mythic geared raider from just m+? No.

Can you get "well geared" and be geared enough to tank all content that's not bleeding edge progress without problems? Yep, definitely.
    Speaking as a Brewmaster: All my BiS is hiding in M+, esp. Weapon, Azerite-Armor and Trinkets, but even non-"Special" Slots having a really worse Itemisation in Uldir, so the 5 ilv difference don't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Unless you raid cutting edge mythic and clear it within the first couple of weeks you will not really get much of a gear advantage this time around. With 1-3 Mythic level pieces from the weekly chest you can easily gear up through welfare heroic raid gear and M+.
    I've heard that mention of 1-3 pieces per week before, when did they talk about that and is it random how many you got or based on how high keys you do?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, sadly they failed with M+ this expansion as well.

In Legion you could not get tier sets in M+, meaning you HAD to raid to push the highest keys possible.

Here, you can't get Azerite gear from M+ (chest is too rare and uncosistent to matter), so you HAVE to raid to get the best gear to push highest keys.

M+ should provide everything you need to climb the M+ leaderboards.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What "important gear upgrades" are we looking at? Since you don't plan to raid anyhow?
    If you're implying he won't need the gear then that's a pretty bad argument, it's always fun to get better gear in an MMO and also you do need the gear if you want to push high mythic+.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Fair enough...he is still very very very vague in his post. And your replay didn't help answering the question ""important gear upgrades" are we looking at"
    I wasn't answering his question, just replying to your post. That said I assume he's talking about whether there are items exclusive to raids that are really good such as trinkets or tier sets in previous expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I've heard that mention of 1-3 pieces per week before, when did they talk about that and is it random how many you got or based on how high keys you do?
    On the beta you got between 1 and 3 pieces in your weekly chest, all based on your highest level m+ with 10 being the cap

People saying it's not possible must not realize you get multiple items from your weekly chest now, and an azerite piece is guaranteed at 385 almost every week due to them having a higher chance to be in your chest.

It's absolutely possible, it will just take longer then mixing it with raiding.

The only thing you will be missing is the raid exclusive azerite trait... and it literally does nothing outside of the raid so...