Poll: Azerite System is a failure?

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It is a failure as it was known as soon as it was released on alpha. People said the raid would feature new traits but that never happened. Uldir will release soon and people will finally realize the failure of the Azerite armor system.

Deleted
    The system itself has potential. but on the traits, they could do much better in my opinion.
    Already the excessive pruning of the classes really made the fight monotonous, I hoped that the traits of the azerite could give a touch of complexity (that is not RnG) but unfortunately it is not currently happening.

I hope the blizz for once, listen the comunity and put your hand to this system that currently have a few strong points and many weaknesses.

Quote Originally Posted by sathus View Post
    Lol... "it is shit because its random." "It is even more shit because it is not random"

This community
    RNG-gating itself is bad, but at least it would be interesting - some sort of trait hunting. But fixed traits - is just boring thing.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Not bad at all.
    Hated it at low ilvls, but it seems to even out once you wear nicer gear.

It's nothing special, but at least there's no need to worry about sets, relics etc anymore
    So you don't like customization?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really a fan of it or azerite armor and their traits. But I'm also not a cutting edge player so its just background stuff for me

Coming from artifact weapons....its a very boring and quite frankly, lazy system.

Tbf, the Artifact system was also considered a failure, now it's hailed as something great.

I don't find the Azerite system terribly engaging, but am reserving judgment until I get my hands on proper items/see what they'll do with it in future patches.

The fact that it doesn't use relicts is a massive boon to me. Hated the system of the damned relics.

they seem meh on most classes but on dh they are really great since they change your playstyle.Focus more on eye beam or fel rush

Too early to call it a "failure" but it's definitely my least-favourite part of the expansion. With the artifact, at least every time you dinged a level on it you could unlock a new trait, even if it was an extra level in a boring passive. It felt more like progress than getting a new level on the neck and then seeing that you need to farm out another 2 before you can unlock your next armour trait. Or alternatively you get a new piece of armour that has an even higher requirement to unlock the next trait. It's just not fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not very interesting but it adds some variance between players of the same spec and options to customise. Its ok, no real strong feelings towards it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jervaise View Post
    -Carry 9+ armor pieces around you for different playstyles, upgrade them all, remember which one goes where, when you get a new item, compare with 3+ items on that slot to see which one it is an upgrade to. At the end, decide to keep all of them just in case. GG.
    Too real. Just last night I realized I still had a bunch of blue azerite gear in my bag that I had been saving back in the first couple of days.

They've already been nerfing some perks like dagger in the back. The sims keep changing too. I feel like sometimes I have to save even bad gear in case the perks get buffed. We really need a guarantee they won't change stuff until the next raid so we don't have to keep everything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coffer View Post
    Too early to call, but as someone who skipped WoD and Legion, it feels very very dull. For the gear, there just aren't enough traits or any real room for variety, and for the neck, it's basically just something that upgrades on its own, meaning I'm effectively playing with one less slot that I have to upgrade.
    That was true with your weapon last expansion.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Failure no, boring yes. Would be way more interesting if the items rolled the traits at random when you get the item. The hunt for a "perfect" roll would make getting azerite gear more interesting imo.

Its an amazing extension of everything I loved about legendaries, and only going to get even better the longer the expansion goes. That's the one thing that I really like about it. Some of these traits are already nuts, so imagine them a year from now.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

It’s harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by blehmeh View Post
    The whole point and criticism of Legion was that it was too punishing for switching specs.

Now that Azerite gear is almost entirely set to spec specific traits, its just as bad.

So it didn't solve that problem.

The second problem is the Traits themselves are RNG. So most the times its not a great combination, and you'll end up with dozens of these pieces just taking up space, headache to organize, headache to maximize, headache to simplify.

I wish these dev's would stop shoving untested gimmick systems into the game now. WoD was Garrisons, Legion was Artifacts, BfA is Azerite Gear.

It's all just marketing > design.

And now were stuck with it for an entire expansion.
    None of this is true btw.
    The problem in Legion was that you needed legendaries and AP for each spec, and that isn't true any more.
    This system solves that problem easily, as you only have one neck for each class, and the items themselves are for each class too so you can choose and mix/match the different options per spec. And you can of course respec the items whenever you want for a nominal gold cost.

The traits are not RNG. They are always the same and you can see them ahead of time. It honestly might be better if they WERE RNG because then you could roll trifecta gear with three of the best traits on three items, but that is not the case.

Either way, this system was tested HEAVILY on the beta, by me especially.

Please stop making up nonsense to try to make your opinion seem like a fact.
    If you dislike the system, just say that. That's a perfectly valid response.

What you instead said, just makes you look like you have no knowledge of this system or the game in general.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm indifferent to it on the side of bored with it. It's not a refreshing enough change from artifacts for me, I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    It forces me to choose between options, and I have to be 100% optimal at all times or I get permabanned from my guild, benched, shunned, tar'n'feathered
    worst x ever

Is there any actual issues? No, I can't say it's the most interesting system, but it seems solid. Level up, it's shared among all specs (level), it doesn't have a stupid stacking buff people feel "forced" to run a thousand mythics for. Oh no, the horror, you have to carry multiple items in your bags. Can't they just remove gear already? Soon enough gear will just be Stamina and main stat anyway. Can't have any variation.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2018-08-31 at 04:37 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Not bad at all.
    Hated it at low ilvls, but it seems to even out once you wear nicer gear.

It's nothing special, but at least there's no need to worry about sets, relics etc anymore
    Yeah I agree. I mean I think it's OK and all. But the biggest bonus is not having to worry too much about diff. specs. To optimize we will probably look for multi sets; but only when choosing certain talents; and that's nothing compared to the horror of having three artifact weapons. So glad that's over!

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be able to unlock 5 ilvl traits on 340 gear before getting atleast 355 items , how is that not a failure?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

some traits are pretty fun on some specs others feel meh(just some rng damage possibly with a cool effect if lucky).
    I had fun once, it was terrible.