Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Try getting into Neverwinter online then! a game that thriving might I add. you need to complete every single reputation grind from when the game was released. gonna take you 10x as long as this. wish people wud stfu and stop complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Again, not inaccurate, but nothing is FORCING them to do that. They have the boost, they use it, BAM, 110 and skipping all leveling content except the current expansion.

Them being unhappy with their choice, or their chance of boosting a class they'll enjoy being less than 100% is not really relevant because they won't HAVE to level something. Anything they do after the boost is a choice and not a requirement.
    It is perfectly relevant. If they don't enjoy the class they will either quit since they wasted a boost or will level. They are forced to level, no matter what, if they find their boost wasn't what they enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    I think if it was more like that, there wouldn't be a problem. It's the fact that they were added and promoted as part of BFA, yet require heavy investment in Legion content to unlock. It would be as if they added Death Knights, advertised it as something you got with Wrath, yet you needed reputation from the Ashtongue.
    It doesn’t bother me tbh, id rather more content be relevant after the expansion is over instead of this is the area we play for two years and nvr go back. These forums r constantly filled w/ y do I have to do X to get Y. I only unlocked highmountain but if I wanted to go back and get the other races it doesn’t bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    I think blizzard loves Legion a lot, no other expansion is as relevant as this, I think that Legion might be more important than bfa for a new player, just look how much time you have to commit into it:

1. Unlocking x4 allied races who require a significant amount of time

2. Solo campaign for flying, awesome transmog weapons and an awesome mount

The commitment is so much that it feels almost like another expansion to a new player, I think they have to nerf something, this is too much, they turned the game into one big grindfest.
    You can commit zero time to Legion and still enjoy Battle for Azeroth. You only need to play Legion if you want to unlock one of those OPTIONAL Allied Races. None of them are required to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    It is perfectly relevant. If they don't enjoy the class they will either quit since they wasted a boost or will level. They are forced to level, no matter what, if they find their boost wasn't what they enjoy.
    They aren't "forced" to do anything. If they don't want to waste the boost, they should do some research, play the trial on that class. If after they use the boost, they can choose to continue playing that class or not. The only thing they're actually required to do is level in the BfA zones just like everyone else if they want to experience BfA. Literally everything else is a CHOICE and not a requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    They aren't "forced" to do anything. If they don't want to waste the boost, they should do some research, play the trial on that class. If after they use the boost, they can choose to continue playing that class or not. The only thing they're actually required to do is level in the BfA zones just like everyone else if they want to experience BfA. Literally everything else is a CHOICE and not a requirement.
    Nope. Leveling is a requirement. Spin it anyway you want. The class trial wont show them a thing about how that class works. You can't do instanced content and you are in a tutorial for a bit. That wont give them a feel for any healer or tank, nor how dps work as a whole.

They have a choice, you're right. To level or quit at that point. People boasting like that boost will save them have no real grasp on how inefficient it is to expect them to roll the right one. After they use that boost and find the class sucks, they are more likely to just quit then to level or drop another $60.

The boost is a cop out excuse. Nothing more. The only thing it helps is getting a character of the opposite faction to 110. Then they can play in Legion or ignore it. Nothing about legion is forced.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by OneZ View Post
    The requirement is not the problem. The problem is that it is from previous content (Argussian Reach for example). And please don't compare it to mounts/gear etc from previous expansions. Allied Races are BfA feature, thus all their requirements should be in BfA. Also don't compare it to leveling. The xpac feature is 110-120 not 0-120.
    Just make it exalted with some BfA factions or make it obtainable via BfA content. Like I don't mind if it requires long time of grind as long as it is from the current xpac, not previous one.

Yes I agree it is optional, and you can progress through the story without those races. But the whole game is optional, and if I want to play with a race of this xpac, I should be able to obtain it playing this xpac, not the one before.

And btw, a race in WoW is not cosmetic.

-With love.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Nope. Leveling is a requirement. Spin it anyway you want. The class trial wont show them a thing about how that class works. You can't do instanced content and you are in a tutorial for a bit. That wont give them a feel for any healer or tank, nor how dps work as a whole.

They have a choice, you're right. To level or quit at that point. People boasting like that boost will save them have no real grasp on how inefficient it is to expect them to roll the right one. After they use that boost and find the class sucks, they are more likely to just quit then to level or drop another $60.

The boost is a cop out excuse. Nothing more. The only thing it helps is getting a character of the opposite faction to 110. Then they can play in Legion or ignore it. Nothing about legion is forced.
    A couple things.

1) The trial gives a pretty in depth experience on how to play the class and is plenty to give players a feel for the class itself and whether they will like it. You're correct though in that it doesn't give instanced content experience, but I don't think that matters in this respect. I will admit that for healers, the trial is too shallow for them to truly understand it, so I'll concede that point. but for tanks and DPS, it's plenty to understand the game play and see if they find that game play fun.

2) Once you use a boost, you are only required to level through the content for the most recent expansion. Anything after using the boost is a choice and not a requirement. We're in agreement here.

We're talking semantics here at this point, so I'll leave it be after this. I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out that because everyone gets a boost that takes them to 110 on their chosen class, there is technically not a requirement to level from 1-110. You can choose to, or be pushed into that decision because you made a bad choice on your boost character, but nothing is "forcing" you into that because you're equipped with a level 110 character already.

Is there a reason why a new player shouldn't enjoy Legion as well as BFA? Just because you're burned out on Legion content doesn't mean a new player will be.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    So... a new player has to play the game from start to end. That is different from any other game in what way? And to add a surprise: Any player that played since start had to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    It doesn’t bother me tbh, id rather more content be relevant after the expansion is over instead of this is the area we play for two years and nvr go back. These forums r constantly filled w/ y do I have to do X to get Y. I only unlocked highmountain but if I wanted to go back and get the other races it doesn’t bother me.
    It doesn't bother me as I played though Legion and I've unlocked all 4 original allied races, and I do like that some things are kept relevant (Even today, people still do things like Skyguard) but the problem is for people who are just returning. The expansion comes with a boost, so they go to use it with one of the new races that comes with BFA. Only they then have to choose - play the BFA content they wanted to, or spend a significant period of time playing old content to unlock the new character which was advertised.

And yes, I'm well aware that leveling doesn't take "that much" but considering it's the more casual people who are getting boned, they would have leveling take a fair while.

The whole problem was that these should never have been advertised as BFA content.

They won't get me to buy this expansion until allied races are completely open without any prereqs.

Sorry.

Don't advertise a feature that you have to backtrack to unlock. Won't be getting my money anytime soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    It doesn't bother me as I played though Legion and I've unlocked all 4 original allied races, and I do like that some things are kept relevant (Even today, people still do things like Skyguard) but the problem is for people who are just returning. The expansion comes with a boost, so they go to use it with one of the new races that comes with BFA. Only they then have to choose - play the BFA content they wanted to, or spend a significant period of time playing old content to unlock the new character which was advertised.

And yes, I'm well aware that leveling doesn't take "that much" but considering it's the more casual people who are getting boned, they would have leveling take a fair while.

The whole problem was that these should never have been advertised as BFA content.
    Correct. I feel bad for those that backtracked or did the work to unlock content that was supposedly advertised as BfA content. It's a bait and switch. Horrible business.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Did you know... if you want that nice Waterstrider from MoP.... you actually have to do quests there to get it? OMG... I want to play the current expansion... not grind rep via quests in MoP! ffs
    Doing that exact thing every day. Boy do i regret not getting that thing earlier :P

Deleted
    I think blizzard loves Legion a lot, no other expansion is as relevant as this, I think that Legion might be more important than bfa for a new player, just look how much time you have to commit into it:

The commitment is so much that it feels almost like another expansion to a new player, I think they have to nerf something, this is too much, they turned the game into one big grindfest.
    you know what is fun? im playin content of all expansions i know some people think that content is content when is actual

Did you know... if you want that nice Waterstrider from MoP.... you actually have to do quests there to get it? OMG... I want to play the current expansion... not grind rep via quests in MoP! ffs
    This is why I don't like mounts that offer utility. I think they were a mistake in this game. Mounts should only be for ground or flying speed, nothing else.

Bullcrap. Legion content grants legion reqards. You still need to do Wrath of the Lich Ling content for “that sweet mount and transmog”. Unlocking Netherdrakes involves a massive commitment to Burning Crusade content, unlocking the first four allied races involves a massive commitment to Legion content. You do not need Broken Isles flying to progress in Battle for Azeroth, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    When Wrath released new players needed to level to 55 on the server they wanted to play on to make a DK.

You still need a 70+ on the server for a DH.

New players are always going to need more time to get what they want.
    That actually made sense. And it made them EASIER, because you were gettin higher level characters than the ones you were leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by OneZ View Post
    The requirement is not the problem. The problem is that it is from previous content (Argussian Reach for example). And please don't compare it to mounts/gear etc from previous expansions. Allied Races are BfA feature, thus all their requirements should be in BfA. Also don't compare it to leveling. The xpac feature is 110-120 not 0-120.
    Just make it exalted with some BfA factions or make it obtainable via BfA content. Like I don't mind if it requires long time of grind as long as it is from the current xpac, not previous one.

Yes I agree it is optional, and you can progress through the story without those races. But the whole game is optional, and if I want to play with a race of this xpac, I should be able to obtain it playing this xpac, not the one before.

And btw, a race in WoW is not cosmetic.

-With love.
    Was saying the same thing all the time. I agree to the fullest.

Kind of a bad comparison, nobody cares about a mount that walks on water to save you a total of 40 seconds of non-swim time, versus four allied races with their own racials and mounts, not to mention Thalassian elves on Alliance and a new elf model on Horde for those who don't like the monster races and want options.

No, you are not forced to play Legion at all. It just had a lot of content, that might still be attractive to players today, there's nothing wrong with that. You can play perfectly fine without going there now if you don't want to.

You could also make an argument that that MoP is obligatory content now because there are nice mogs and mounts there. No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of the 5 people that I encouraged to start with BFA, 3 used their boosts and did not care about Velfs/LightGreyDraenei/Moosemen/AnotherCrackElf. 1 wanted Velf and started arguassian rep with zero complaints, and one is leveling from scratch and enjoying the game for the first time. None of them felt Legion is required.

I am sorry that some content came out months ago, and you were too busy bitching on forums that you didn't unlock it then. Blizzard doesn't miss your sub, and no one else does either.

This expansion is going well for my group, the other night i had 37 friends online on my friendslist alone, that does not count guildies that i just did not add. We are enjoying the hell out of the game.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.