Poll: On your 120, is War Mode primarily on or off?

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I had it on for a week after hitting 120 or so then i turned it off, rogues was the main reason.

Off

I havent had a good experience with it so far. I either meet 1-2 others and they just flee before i can kill them or i get destroyed by groups of 5-10.

Its just boring. I see its merits but i dont think its for me. 10% bonus is very minor imo so not worth the effort.

Off, from the moment prepatch landed. Never going back. Theres too many assholes out there, and I want to finish doing my stuff, theres already enough grind to start making it more difficult

Tbh, the thought of being attacked at any time while doing WQ on Kul Tiras is p exciting. Makes the boring travel more exciting, and the extra 10% boost to rewards is cool too.

It doesn’t help that most allies I come across just ignore me, and some even run. Are DH’s good in pvp or something? Anyways, I keep it on.

Horde and about to turn it off due to Proudmoore server literally running 10 raids per zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    Horde and about to turn it off due to Proudmoore server literally running 10 raids per zone.
    I have wondered how the shards actually work if you're on the dead faction of a high pop server. I feel like it still prioritizes your same server before using shards, but in the grand scheme of things I'd like to see what goes on with shards (is it prioritizing same data centers too, like CRZ did?)

that is complete non sense

Level with WM on release but now it's off. I would love to turn it on again but too often I find myself on a full horde shard where you get farmed constantly. This is getting worse with each passing day as more and more Alliance seem to have WM off giving Horde effectively free +10% on everything.
    #MakeBlizzardGreatAgain

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Off but that's mostly due how I don't like my class in pvp and other major reason is rares being tagged to one side and you ether have to wait or pvp for every mob but people keep coming and it starts again. Would be awesome if you can pvp AND get a credit for killing rares, probably would keep it on, despite mostly 5 to 1 ratio H v A.

On since day 1. *Edit: Alliance on Sargeras*

Warmode has added a new level of excitement for me personally that I felt has been lacking for a very long time. I'm surprised by how many people find having warmode on as a nuisance. My point of view is quite the opposite: Having it on has made even the most lame and mundane of repeatable quests, intense and thrilling.

Yes, I've been ganked while having it on, and yes there have been times where World Quests that typically take 2 minutes to complete have taken me a little bit longer to complete. However, I have had way more of an engaging experience in the open world in these 2 weeks of this expansion than I did for the entire duration of MOP, WOD, and Legion. I've already made more friends during the first 2-3 weeks of BFA than I ever did in the Post-Cataclysm era of WoW. When we see each other on, we get excited to form groups to tackle World Quests and get into random spontaneous engagements that end up turning into massive all out battles between the two factions.

It's even done a fantastic job for me of emphasizing the importance of Azerite in the story line, and how both factions are fighting for it because you literally are involved with faction conflict every time you try to complete a Champions of Azeroth World Quest.

It beats logging on to simply blaze through World Quests, finish your emissary daily in 20 minutes, and possibly the rest of the world quests that appear on both islands in a short amount of time and wait for your Mythic lockouts to reset.
    Last edited by Mrbubbles17; 2018-08-31 at 07:05 PM.

I turned it off tbh. Leveling was fine, but after a while of doing WQs it was just not efficient anymore. The irony is that I am an avid PvPer, I play rogue AND I'm horde. I'm on an RP server though and alliance outnumber horde at least 2 to 1. It got so old trying to get tags on quest mobs and elites, it was just too slow. And when I thought about it, who cares about 10% AP/gold/resources. If it were 10% rep that would be a different story, but 10% AP? nah.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Yeah - as in, when people can't do normal things at all and aren't interested specifically in pvp, those people will track the path of least resistance.

Just common sense really.

That is - a few WM players are going to kill it for the majority of people who want to WM.

Spending 100% more time to get 10% more reward is a false economy
    Once again, that's just your opinion. That assertion is 100% not supported by any data, so please stop touting it as if it's something more.

I don't care about people who don't want to PvP. If they don't want to PvP, turn fucking WM off. You're talking as if PvP is some taboo aspect of WM that people shouldn't engage in to protect the PvE snowflakes.

A few WM are going to kill it for the majority of people who want to WM? What does that even mean, dude? I'm doing exactly what the mode suggests, which is engaging the enemy faction in the open world. How is that going to kill it? wut?

100% more time for 10% more reward is a false evaluation. We get it, you don't support it. You haven't supported it since Beta. You don't have to strawman the fuck out of your argument to others, though.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2018-08-31 at 07:28 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually starting to consider turning it off. I always played on PVP servers but this is becoming kind of stupid now and it's getting in the way of doing WQ:s and leveling. Large bands, on both sides, are just running thru the maps killing. Not only out in the world with world quests (mostly on champions of azaroth quests and quests that give gear rewards -- which isn't odd since that is where a lot of "easy marks" will show up), then there is the flight point campers and for the last few days it's the cityraiders where giant groups of people 40M enter Boralus and whatever the pyramid is actually called. Clearly cityguards are worthless.

10% isn't really worth the effort anymore, it wasn't 10% AP or GOLD, mostly it was for 10% extra resources.

So in some sense it brought out the worst in world pvp again, people being a**holes for fun and then more and more people will just toggle it off and more or less non will have it on and there will be no more "easy marks" to kill. After all they don't ever seem to be interested in having any 40 vs 40 battles. It's giant massive deathgroup vs 1 that seems to be the desired norm and it goes for both sides -- one really isn't better then the other (I admit to having taken part in said deathsquads for both factions).

(edit) Also it's getting real annoying when summoning for dungeons. Two people in different modes can't see eachother so we can't summon other people ...

But it's getting in the way of my streamlined worldquesting now, and it has only gotten worse the last few days.
    Last edited by looorg; 2018-08-31 at 07:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off. The bonuses could be raised to 20% or even 50% and it would still be off. Nothing is worth enabling it unless my objective is literally just to engage in PvP, but I'd rather just do Battlegrounds in that case. Not touching the thing at all while doing my regular activities, though. Depending on my time to play, there's a good chance that I won't enable War Mode at all during the entire expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off. I tried it, but a lot of people running with friends and I prefer solo experience, so there's no much point.

10+ Year Old Account
    On, but the only reason it is on is because of the increased rewards. Don't care much for pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off during weekdays.

On during weekends.

In week days I am tired from working, so I just want to get things done and relax a bit. But during weekends, I have more time so I enjoy getting a little bit of honor and fighting a bit, and i don't really mind taking longer to do something mainly because i have more time to play the game.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Once the option was available to turn it off, I did so and I won't be looking back. PvP in this engine is cumbersome and flawed and they don't seem incited to upgrade or improve it. When I want to battle other players, there are other better games for it. I'm playing WoW for the story.

On for the bonus while I'm spamming every WQ for rep. May turn it off once that grind is done. I enjoy pvp, but it's not even something I put the tiniest amount of effort into while I'm running around doing WQ's, feel like thats the case for most people.

All these people worried about being "farmed" - I've been attacked a handful of times in the past few weeks and generally just fight people off, or CC them and move on. It's really not a big deal. It's something I've spent an extra 20-30 (total) minutes in 3 or 4 weeks? For 10% extra ap and whatever... turn it on you goons, have a little fun.
    Last edited by Mauthe; 2018-08-31 at 07:57 PM.

Off since it became possible. I've been playing on the same realm since I created my account in order to play with friends, and that just happened to be a PvP realm. I don't particularly mind PvP, but I enjoy being undisturbed when I go around questing/exploring/whatever.

Maybe I will choose to play one or two characters with warmode on.
    Best Zindai EU
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    I am not one person.