Page 4 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If lore is preventing it it would at least be nice just to have 1 fucking sword in the game that loosely resembles it. Blizzard seem completely incompetent at designing a 2 hand Death Knight Sword that isn't wide bulky and looks like a cricket bat, club or paddle. Can't believe this is still a request after 7 expansions but please, 1 pointy sword-like death knight sword.....that's all I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by itzLCD View Post
    But they sheathe on the hips and ruins everything.
    I don't mind since they are so huge, but it would be nice if they allowed us to choose where weapons sheathe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruitbat View Post
    If lore is preventing it it would at least be nice just to have 1 fucking sword in the game that loosely resembles it. Blizzard seem completely incompetent at designing a 2 hand Death Knight Sword that isn't wide bulky and looks like a cricket bat, club or paddle. Can't believe this is still a request after 7 expansions but please, 1 pointy sword-like death knight sword.....that's all I ask.
    I was hoping to find something to prove you wrong but you are completely right haha, there is no outstanding DK style 2h sword... yes they have an abundance of axes and maces... god even pole arms... i think the only one i like is Armageddon but yes i agree there needs to be some innervation in the art design team for weapons, especially as they have now got rid of Artefacts.

10+ Year Old Account
    How to get Frostmourne:

1. Involve the bronze/infinite dragonflight.
    2. Go to a timeline and obtain it before Arthas can loot it/become corrupted.
    3. Help Arthas defeat Mal'ganis.
    4. Come back later and see the future Arthas uncorrupted.

People say it is unobtainable, but see as we have gone to an alternate timeline and we have gone into the past why exactly can't a half decent story be written for players/DKs to go back into a timeline where Frostmourne hasn't been shattered? The only "logical" reason is that Blizzard doesn't want to devote resources to something like that which I understand, but to say it is impossible to obtain is kind of silly. Literally everything can be obtained thanks to the bronze/infinite dragonflight.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    You're not getting Frostmourne. Ever. You are not the Lich King. Give it a rest.

That said, I do think death knights should be able to mog Shadowmourne if they obtain it.
    You kind of "can", if you keep it at a lower stage... it still looks top 2 ever axes

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You kind of "can", if you keep it at a lower stage... it still looks top 2 ever axes
    True, Shadow's Edge is not bad looking at all. I've mogged it before. It's no Shadowmourne, but you gotta take what you can get.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    it would be nice if they allowed us to choose where weapons sheathe.
    ^This times infinity. We need this so badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    Your point being? It was destroyed so there can be no replica? (Way to go ignoring several posts in this thread and the thread title itself btw. that are explicitly pointing out that there is a difference between gaining Frostmourne itself in lore and just its look for transmog)

Not even close. First Frostmourne is not 300 meters huge, second I don't think Sargeras' sword is tied to the lore of any class in the way Frostmourne is and third we already have two titanic weapons that can be transmogged, Taeshalach and the Scythe of the Unmaker. Your comparison fails on every possible level.

P.s. Fun thing: while looking if there even is a model for the sword in the game files (which apparently isn't, another difference from Frostmourne) I stumbled over this: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759587739
    People have actually been asking for it already.
    Why would someone want a replica? A constant reminder of the person who used you to murder innocents...I could see if it was the original for the power of it...but a replica is just something logically no one would want to have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    How to get Frostmourne:

1. Involve the bronze/infinite dragonflight.
    2. Go to a timeline and obtain it before Arthas can loot it/become corrupted.
    3. Help Arthas defeat Mal'ganis.
    4. Come back later and see the future Arthas uncorrupted.

People say it is unobtainable, but see as we have gone to an alternate timeline and we have gone into the past why exactly can't a half decent story be written for players/DKs to go back into a timeline where Frostmourne hasn't been shattered? The only "logical" reason is that Blizzard doesn't want to devote resources to something like that which I understand, but to say it is impossible to obtain is kind of silly. Literally everything can be obtained thanks to the bronze/infinite dragonflight.
    Yeah but what if it corrupts you and turns you into the Lich King of that timeline? The Lich King may very well win because you being the hero you would have knowledge of what the Argent Crusade will do...if things proceed a similar degree otherwise...you could very well conquer Azeroth with Undeath!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because arthas was a DK and you are aswell, doesn't mean you get to use Frostmourne. Just give up and focus on other things that are more realistic.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes me wonder if they made Frost DW partly for this...so they couldn't have Frostmorne...it doesn't make sense for Unholy and Unholy always seems like it made more sense for DW than Frost ever did.

Noone has a problem with Taeshalach or Scythe of the Unmaker being obtainable? Titan weapons absolutely shit on Frostmourn.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Just because arthas was a DK and you are aswell, doesn't mean you get to use Frostmourne. Just give up and focus on other things that are more realistic.
    Yeah if we're going to go back in time to fuck up the timelines, we should just raise garrosh, varian, arthas and tirion as our personal DKs. Having a backup set of four horsemen is never a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetus Rex View Post
    Yeah, but that is drivel. Someho reforging one blade was more difficult than two. But anyway, it should be a transmog thing, no big lore behind it, just fanservice. Demon Hunters can obtain Warglaives even though they were fighting on another plnet while Illidan got himself gutted.
    "Drivel"? What the hell are you even talking about? If you think it's that easy to just reforge Frostmourne, then you clearly know jack shit about the Lich King, Death Knights, Ner'zhul, Kil'Jaeden, the Nathrezim, or just the lore in general...

You also know jack shit about the Warglaives of Azzinoth, because those were never destroyed. Demon Hunters were only able to get them as a transmorg, because technically they just "reclaimed" after going back in time...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Valehna View Post
    "Drivel"? What the hell are you even talking about? If you think it's that easy to just reforge Frostmourne, then you clearly know jack shit about the Lich King, Death Knights, Ner'zhul, Kil'Jaeden, the Nathrezim, or just the lore in general...

You also know jack shit about the Warglaives of Azzinoth, because those were never destroyed. Demon Hunters were only able to get them as a transmorg, because technically they just "reclaimed" after going back in time...
    Yeah, lore genius, we did it, we have made two weapons that were stronger than frostmourne.

Yeah sure, going back in time, demon hunters sieging Black Temple. Much sense.

I wholeheartedly agreed that Frostmourne should be unlockable as a transmog, somehow.

I'd be totally down with it being some absurdly difficult unlock, to boot. Maybe a solo scenario in which you travel to the Shadowlands to battle Arthas (or even some greater being who is tormenting Arthas's soul?), with an ilvl cap. But yeah, Frostmourne is *THE* iconic weapon. And contrary to what people keep spouting off about, no, Frostmourne DID NOT make Arthas into the Lich King; the Helm of Dominion did that. Frostmourne merely allowed Ner'zhul to speak to him.

It looks great, it looks sweet: https://imgur.com/a/JqdpX

It would cure the pain from having toothpicks in Legion.
    wouldnt happen as this is pretty much one of the most powerful weapons known to exist, also it corrupts whoever weilds it and eventually becomes a puppet of nerzul, frostmourne and the armor was only to be worn by the lich king
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Yeah, but that is drivel. Someho reforging one blade was more difficult than two. But anyway, it should be a transmog thing, no big lore behind it, just fanservice. Demon Hunters can obtain Warglaives even though they were fighting on another plnet while Illidan got himself gutted.
    The warglaives weren't the vessel for thousands of souls and shit...

Bit of a difference there. The amount of corruption it would cause as opposed to...nothing for the glaives. Like, wut. And Frostmourne doesn't exist as it was anymore.

Shadowmourne should totes be available for transmog though. So should all the other not-Frostmourne legendary weapons. I really want Thori'dal for my hunter...

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    wouldnt happen as this is pretty much one of the most powerful weapons known to exist, also it corrupts whoever weilds it and eventually becomes a puppet of nerzul, frostmourne and the armor was only to be worn by the lich king
    Nah. Our artifacts were much stronger lore wise, not to mention some of them whispered to you and other gathered souls too. We are super PC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The warglaives weren't the vessel for thousands of souls and shit...

Bit of a difference there. The amount of corruption it would cause as opposed to...nothing for the glaives. Like, wut. And Frostmourne doesn't exist as it was anymore.

Shadowmourne should totes be available for transmog though. So should all the other not-Frostmourne legendary weapons. I really want Thori'dal for my hunter...
    Aldrachi Blades were tho. Spriest's knife is another example of extreme madness inducing pice of metal.

It could be reforged.

Shadowmourne is a pussy axe. Frostmourne looks amazing.

Aldrachi Blades were tho. Spriest's knife is another example of extreme madness inducing pice of metal.

It could be reforged.

Shadowmourne is a pussy axe. Frostmourne looks amazing.
    I like Shadowmourne. Frostmourne is overrated. Subjectivity, yai.

And Frostmourne was reforged already, it's in 2 blades now, not 1. Soo...

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I like Shadowmourne. Frostmourne is overrated. Subjectivity, yai.

And Frostmourne was reforged already, it's in 2 blades now, not 1. Soo...
    Now you need reeducation. Go there and fix your taste!

Reforge it again.

Now you need reeducation. Go there and fix your taste!

Reforge it again.
    Don't think anyone has those levels of blacksmithing mate.

And my education is fine, ty.