Thread: [Music] Metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mybackhurts View Post
    -snip-
    Well, I really enjoyed that!

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Thou just slays, it's easily their best.

10+ Year Old Account

From the upcoming Warrel Dane solo album. Luckily, it's being finished. Song is interesting, sounds a bit more Nevermore-ish than his previous solo album.

In other (prog) news, Arch / Matheos is working on a new album (previous one was 2011 IIRC). I liked the first one, it's great to hear John Arch's vocals again.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the new ghost album is insanely good.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Flames and Ghost.. both bands are in my opinion total shite... I really just don't understand what people see in Ghost. It's pop at best. Paradise Lost during their gothic rock period was heavier.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    In Flames and Ghost.. both bands are in my opinion total shite... I really just don't understand what people see in Ghost. It's pop at best. Paradise Lost during their gothic rock period was heavier.
    i'll agree about Ghost... In Flames used to be great.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    i'll agree about Ghost... In Flames used to be great.
    Well I like the very early In Flames, I agree. Lunar Strain / Subterranean is great. Jester Race okay. But what they play nowadays is just terrible. Ghost is just overrated trash.
    Last edited by Cairhiin; 2018-09-01 at 10:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    I know this is just going fire up the melo-death apologist replies but In Flames were pretty good up until Clayman.
    I understand where you are coming from. I think we've had this discussion before but I dislike melodeath so I guess that's why I am a bit biased but the best melodeath album is Dark Tranquility - the Gallery. I like the older In Flames as well. I think some of the stuff they did was great but it's definitely not my band. I rather listen to newer Naglfar, who are also not as great as they were during Diabolical.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, what have you guys been enjoying lately? Are there any recent albums metal or non-metal that you liked that I should check out?
    Hmm actually not much at all. Dunno, this year feels rather lackluster to me.

Love this !
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shame. I actually feel like this year has been pretty good but when I think about it there aren't that many amazing albums that came out this year so far. Still, I think it's a pretty great time for metal in general at the moment, relatively speaking.
    Some really good albums this year but the last few months have felt really meh, then again it's been summer. Hard to think about what's even my favorite album this year so far. Let me check... Ah yea probably Visigoth and Harakiri for the Sky. Drudkh, Gatekeeper, Funeral Mist, Panopticon, Anicon, Uada, Can Barrd were all okay as well. Probably missing some stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Khanus and Wolvennest have been hugely entertaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I have for the rest of the year so far. Particularly excited for the new Bosse de Nage.
    That Boss de Nage might be good. I liked the one song I listened to.

I recently found these guys. Definitely give a listen if you're into Doom metal / Folk Metal / Medieval Metal

https://youtu.be/5BhUPFwAFQo

Forming the Void and especially Convulsing are two of the newest albums that I'm really enjoying. Can't wait for the new Deathhammer album. Might be my favorite newer thrash metal band. I'm sure the new Vanhelgd is going to be some solid stuff as well.

I'm a big fan of that style, so I might be a bit biased on this one. Not an album that I think will crack my top 5 (maybe even 10) of the year, though.

Still haven't listened to that Spectral Wound album and I have heard a lot of good things about it. What are your thoughts on it, if you guys have heard it ofc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Goddess View Post

Love this !
    Good call

I gave it a few listens earlier this year when it came out. I generally like their sound, nice and infernal, but overall it's not an incredibly memorable album for me. Still solid though. I'll keep an eye on Spectral Wound from now on.
    I'm gonna give them a listen at some point. I like a lot of the Quebec bands so should be up my alley.

Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Good call
    You can never go wring with some Varg ! ;p
    Love his videos on his youtube channel too! He looks like a mystic nowdays always ready to provide the tribe with his knowledge about the Gods haha :3
    For the Glory of Mankind

10+ Year Old Account
    Somehow managed to miss this one earlier this year:

Some good Swedish Melodic Death Metal