Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Noremis View Post
    Thats basicaly option b,
    b, same as above, but dont interrupt EB and let it go and waste BF proc. Then GS>flurry>lance

Can you confirm that if you have BF proc and cast Ebonbolt>Flurry>ice lance, you will consume only 1st BF proc and not the one from Ebonbolt?

I might be wrong (or maybe low haste?), but as far as I have noticed, EB>Flurry cleared my original BF proc. (Again, might be wrong).
    there is a very small window to use a flurry proc before the ebonbolt procs takes over, even if you already have a flurry proc while casting ebonbolt you can use it straight away and you still get the ebonbolt flurry proc.

If you have a flurry proc already but are casting ebonbolt, you need to use flurry straight away and you will still get your proc from ebonbolt.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hello Kuni. Thank you for guide and all your answers
    I have few questions on how you react in situations below.

1, you have 4 icicles and casting frostbolt for 5th. What spell do you queue:
    a, ebonbolt, and if you have BF proc from 5th f.bolt. You interupt EB cast immediately and cast GS>flurry>lance
    b, same as above, but dont interrupt EB and let it go and waste BF proc. Then GS>flurry>lance
    c, you queue up Glacial Spike and hope for BF proc from 5th f.bolt, and if unlucky, interrupt immediately and cast EB instead
    B, Ebonbolt>Flurry>Lance>Glacial Spike>Flurry>Lance. There's a ~200ms delay on Ebonbolt's BF generation if you already have BF, allowing you to both spend the one you have and gain the one you generated.

2, once you answer qustion above, what do you do if you get both BF and FoF proc from 5th f.bolt.
    Just curious, based on answer on 1st question, if you interrupt casting to remove FoF before combo, in such case.

Looking forward on your answers
    Ebonbolt>Flurry>Lance (munch FoF)>Glacial Spike>Flurry>Lance. It's unfortunate but the BF is worth more than the FoF is, so you'll just munch it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    B, Ebonbolt>Flurry>Lance>Glacial Spike>Flurry>Lance. There's a ~200ms delay on Ebonbolt's BF generation if you already have BF, allowing you to both spend the one you have and gain the one you generated.

Ebonbolt>Flurry>Lance (munch FoF)>Glacial Spike>Flurry>Lance. It's unfortunate but the BF is worth more than the FoF is, so you'll just munch it.
    Thanks for confirmation. Also guys above ^^.
    Yesterday, I have tested it and 2 times of 10 I lost BF (latency issues?).

Btw, I have experienced another strange issues in dungeons (happened like 2-3 times since BFA launch):

After casting Frostbolt, I was loosing icicles instead of generating. After 2-3 casts I was gaining stacks again.
    Example:
    I had 4 icicles, and after FB i had 3, after another I had 2.. then after next FB 3 again and generating..
    I am not aware of such mechanic ingame (atal'dazar dung if I remember last time it happened, on some trash).
    And they were not timing out as far as I know (not sure what timer of icicles stacks is showing, if the latest one or the one that will fade away as 1st), and 1 successful FB cast should refresh all their duration (am I mistaken here?).
    (I always forgot to test it on dummy - how icicles are timing out and what UI is actually showing, but then again, even as they drop slowly, I should have the same amount of icicles after FB cast and not drop by 1..).

Sorry for bothering you, was just curious if this happend to you as well

Btw, I have experienced another strange issues in dungeons (happened like 2-3 times since BFA launch):

After casting Frostbolt, I was loosing icicles instead of generating. After 2-3 casts I was gaining stacks again.
    Example
    I have also noticed this... I go to spam my keybind for GS, but I can't because some how I've lost an icicle stack... Curious... Bug maybe?

Each individual icicle only lasts a minute, if they haven't fired by then they disappear.
    The old icicles doesn't get their duration refreshed when you generate new icicles.

How is siming and doing m+ focused content work? Not sure if mastery is a lot more worth with more frozen orbs casts in m+, cause on patchwerk it sims pretty weak. If I google this stuff, I end up reading its silly siming for aoe, just do patchwerk fight style.

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Was trying out the spec and I have a doubt, when Kuni mentions that Glacial Spike is worth only when you have either Brain Freeze or it hits 2 targets, does glacial spike actually cleave?
    Bit curious because in the spell description there's nothing that says that it cleaves, am I missing something?

Thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitha View Post
    Hey guys,

Was trying out the spec and I have a doubt, when Kuni mentions that Glacial Spike is worth only when you have either Brain Freeze or it hits 2 targets, does glacial spike actually cleave?
    Bit curious because in the spell description there's nothing that says that it cleaves, am I missing something?

Thanks!
    It cleaves, and you can use frost nova or freeze with pet to try shatter them both.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ratable View Post
    Each individual icicle only lasts a minute, if they haven't fired by then they disappear.
    The old icicles doesn't get their duration refreshed when you generate new icicles.
    This. There's no instances where you'll lose Icicles outside of them timing out.

Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    How is siming and doing m+ focused content work? Not sure if mastery is a lot more worth with more frozen orbs casts in m+, cause on patchwerk it sims pretty weak. If I google this stuff, I end up reading its silly siming for aoe, just do patchwerk fight style.
    Mastery is still the worst stat even on 10 target 5 minute sustained AoE where Orb is over 50% of your damage. https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...WRhVqP8Suoj9Rj

Simming M+ is a pain because you have to start fussing with cooldown usage. You can't just sim 30-60 second durations because that'll run full cooldowns every time. You kind of have to pick and choose your battles based on your group composition, and do a bit of guesswork. We're mostly going to be wanted for AoE slows and cleave damage in high keys, or burst AoE in low keys. By and large, that's not going to change our stat priorities enough to warrant concern over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitha View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks!
    Splitting Ice makes Glacial Spike cleave for 80% damage.

Deleted
    Ah, duuh!

Thanks Kuni and Noremis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    My 2 cents:
    Intellect is pretty high, so I would take:
    higher item ilvl > socketed item > then sim myself if I cannot decide.

My sim:

### Splitting ice ST - 10,616 DPS
    Intellect 1.69
    Haste 1.21
    Versatility 1.19
    Critical Strike 1.16
    Mastery 1.09

### Comet st. ST - 10,945 DPS
    Intellect 1.77
    Versatility 1.25
    Critical Strike 1.21
    Haste 1.20
    Mastery 1.02

### Splitting ice AoE/cleave (4mobs) - 21,320 DPS
    Intellect 3.57
    Versatility 2.37
    Critical Strike 2.37
    Haste 2.30
    Mastery 2.13

### Comet st. AoE/cleave (4mobs) - 20,758 DPS
    Intellect 3.56
    Versatility 2.40
    Critical Strike 2.40
    Haste 2.01
    Mastery 1.81

Currently, I'm gemming/enchanting Versa, as it has def value as well and its best secondary stat in most cases for me.

i have crit on every single piece of gear and its all 340 and i only have 20% crit as frost. this game is dumb.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    i have crit on every single piece of gear and its all 340 and i only have 20% crit as frost. this game is dumb.
    It's pre-raid gear at the very start of an expac. What did you expect?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

My 2 cents:
    Intellect is pretty high, so I would take:
    higher item ilvl > socketed item > then sim myself if I cannot decide.

My sim:

### Splitting ice ST - 10,616 DPS
    Intellect 1.69
    Haste 1.21
    Versatility 1.19
    Critical Strike 1.16
    Mastery 1.09

### Comet st. ST - 10,945 DPS
    Intellect 1.77
    Versatility 1.25
    Critical Strike 1.21
    Haste 1.20
    Mastery 1.02

### Splitting ice AoE/cleave (4mobs) - 21,320 DPS
    Intellect 3.57
    Versatility 2.37
    Critical Strike 2.37
    Haste 2.30
    Mastery 2.13

### Comet st. AoE/cleave (4mobs) - 20,758 DPS
    Intellect 3.56
    Versatility 2.40
    Critical Strike 2.40
    Haste 2.01
    Mastery 1.81

Currently, I'm gemming/enchanting Versa, as it has def value as well and its best secondary stat in most cases for me.
    Just a heads up, be careful when comparing AOE sims with Comet Storm because by default, the sims do not shatter it. It paints a rather misleading picture.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nickseng View Post
    Just a heads up, be careful when comparing AOE sims with Comet Storm because by default, the sims do not shatter it. It paints a rather misleading picture.
    Yes, Thats boss fight sim.

I am running splitting ice for most of mythics atm.
    And for raid, i will run splitting ice i guess, and comet for pure single target.
    Not sure if there will be some bursty aoe needed for aoe comet situations.

Okay I have a noob question, because I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Does GS require you to be at a distance for the shatter combo with a flurry proc to work? Because either I'm just extremely unlucky with my shatters due to the low crit, or I have a way harder time to make it work in close range because the GS hits before the flurry proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Okay I have a noob question, because I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Does GS require you to be at a distance for the shatter combo with a flurry proc to work? Because either I'm just extremely unlucky with my shatters due to the low crit, or I have a way harder time to make it work in close range because the GS hits before the flurry proc.
    Yes you need to stay at range from the target so the travel time of your GS is long enough for your flurry to actually hit the target first. Should be safe from like 10-15 yards, never ever GS when in melee range Then if it still doesn't crit, we'll just have to hit the crit cap, which is hardly doable at this moment anyway :/

I was spectating some of the mages in the currenty top 5 guilds and found this dude https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...n-mill/Kinaren
    How has he crafted both 370 legs AND gloves? From my impression it is only possible to obtain 1x Sanguicell from each boss, which makes a maximum of 16 each week if you clear both 8/8 normal and heroic. But this dude has somehow managed to get 50 (you need 25 for each craft)

Anybody knows how? Do they drop from high level mythics, ive done +7 but havn't seen any drop. Do they drop more than 1 on heroic?
    Last edited by Sitoy; 2018-09-07 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitoy View Post
    I was spectating some of the mages in the currenty top 5 guilds and found this dude https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...n-mill/Kinaren
    How has he crafted both 370 legs AND gloves? From my impression it is only possible to obtain 1x Sanguicell from each boss, which makes a maximum of 16 each week if you clear both 8/8 normal and heroic. But this dude has somehow managed to get 50 (you need 25 for each craft)

Anybody knows how? Do they drop from high level mythics, ive done +7 but havn't seen any drop. Do they drop more than 1 on heroic?
    each heroic boss drops 10, mythic bosses next week will drop far more also

Oh, well then it makes sense. Thanks