Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Watch Asmongolds video on how he set up a test of the report system by telling his friends to report him after he says "I love WoW"

Blizzard does not have the time to review every complaint on a dying game...
    Hope you realize you just invalidated your own stupid attempt at being a troll. The fact that Blizzard doesn’t have the time to review every complaint implies that there are so many people playing that they can’t keep up with all the customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    It does NOT matter what you say. If a few people choose to, they can make you unable to chat for saying "Hello".
    That will happen automatically, in under a minute. Then you're fucked until/IF a GM decides to review.

- - - Updated - - -

According to many, its presence is still no excuse. If that's true they may as well remove the toggle and leave it on permanently.
    That's not how it works. Something like this will only kick in automatically if you get many many reports. No random person will have their 1 comment on a public channel get reported by dozens and dozens of People just by saying hello. And even when this does kick in the mute is very short and a GM's get nofitied for a proper review. This is a good way to silence Gold Spammers and the "only" victims of this can be known People such as streamers, not some randoms.

OP was 100% muted by a GM, since he's got 3 weeks and he's Aware of it, so he's probably got an email.
    He was definitely insulting People (probably way beyond just calling someone a tosser) and he's had a history of similar bans, so he got this for 3 weeks.

Even when you look at his history on MMOC, OP is shitposting on this forum all the time (and gets infractions), so no wonder that he's acting the same ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Athelstan123 View Post
    Mature Language Filter. That is all.
    Taking action to better your own experience isn't considered a positive in today's culture sadly it's been replaced with squealing for big brother.

I should have screenshotted it so I could show I only said tosser. But ofcourse it's impossible that the system is simply flawed, I must have been calling everyone nazi's and n-words and screaming heil Hitler.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The automated system which is based on reporting will put what's called a squelch on your chat until a GM can review. All squelches get reviewed by a human being. At that point the silence can be revoked or confirmed.

My advice: don't be an asshole and call people tossers where others can hear you.

It's always the same people complaining about this in the threads I've seen here. You can draw conclusions from that.
    Do you have any evidence of a squelch being applied, and then overturned without a ticket being made? Because all e-mail actions state silence, not squelch even if automated. It also doesn't give you any particular line of what you said as a reason you are being silenced. It just gives you an e-mail saying you're silenced for 'abusive chat'.

Also, any report taken on you shows. I had stuff the GM brought up that was said weeks before the automated silence got applied even though the new reports were just all people being angry in warmode. You want some laughs? The GM couldn't get the automated silence to come off of my account, they said the normal ways they get rid of it were not working so I'd just have to wait for it to expire even though I didn't break any game rules.
    Last edited by Ahlae; 2018-09-02 at 03:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    That's not how it works. Something like this will only kick in automatically if you get many many reports. No random person will have their 1 comment on a public channel get reported by dozens and dozens of People just by saying hello. And even when this does kick in the mute is very short and a GM's get nofitied for a proper review. This is a good way to silence Gold Spammers and the "only" victims of this can be known People such as streamers, not some randoms.

OP was 100% muted by a GM, since he's got 3 weeks and he's Aware of it, so he's probably got an email.
    He was definitely insulting People (probably way beyond just calling someone a tosser) and he's had a history of similar bans, so he got this for 3 weeks.

Even when you look at his history on MMOC, OP is shitposting on this forum all the time (and gets infractions), so no wonder that he's acting the same ingame.
    Takes less than 40 people reporting to shut you up, and the ONLY thing that matters is that they reported you, not what they reported you for saying. It takes a GM to undo if the report was for something stupid, I just used the "hello" as an example.

"I behave like an asocial ass but it's only a problem cuz of SJWs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I think I only got silenced once before this. To get silenced for three weeks on the second offense is pretty dope.
    Actually, if this is your second time, 3 weeks seem way too lenient.

I think the main reason people reported me is because earlier I was talking about having war mode on despite hating PvP / getting ganked, and many people were like "LUL HAS WAR MODE ON COMPLAINS ABOUT BEING GANKED XD XD". I guess when I called someone a tosser the same people ganged up on me and decided to get me muted.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I think the main reason people reported me is because earlier I was talking about having war mode on despite hating PvP / getting ganked, and many people were like "LUL HAS WAR MODE ON COMPLAINS ABOUT BEING GANKED XD XD". I guess when I called someone a tosser the same people ganged up on me and decided to get me muted.
    Good you finally admit it's your fault. Glad we are getting places mate.

Takes less than 40 people reporting to shut you up, and the ONLY thing that matters is that they reported you, not what they reported you for saying. It takes a GM to undo if the report was for something stupid, I just used the "hello" as an example.
    It might take less than 40 People, but it still has gotta be more than 20-30 People and you "only" get banned for 3 hours... so it's extremely unlikely that some random Person will get silenced for just one random insult. I've also got into Arguments with People in public channels and yes sometimes also insulted them, but I never got a silence. So in very very rare cases will a normal Player get unfairly muted for These 3 hours, but it's a great System to mute all the Gold sellers.

As for the OP... again, this guy has gotten a 3 week mute, so he was reviewed by a GM, so this whole talk about the automatic System is completely off-topic and irrelevant in this case (and thus there's also no evidence that he even got struck by the automatic system... and even if he did, no one who's not 'popular' gets just targeted by a mob of People for calling someone a tosser, but OK I do understand some peoples' concerns about it)... and this isn't the first time that he was muted. The first mute by a GM will only last 24 hours and from there on each time you get muted again the duration will be doubled, so he definitely has a history.

And again, it absolutely does not surprise me that OP got muted ingame, since he also just shitposts 24/7 on this forum and gets infracted/banned... sometimes the problem does simply sit in front of the Computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Good you finally admit it's your fault. Glad we are getting places mate.
    I mean I didn't insult anyone while arguing. I still only called one dude a tosser.

Cracks me up how these people always think it's that one final immature act that caused their ban/silence, and not a pattern of inappropriate behavior. Like the overwatch guy who claimed he was reported because ppl didn't like that he played Torb, then Jeff Kaplan comes in and informs us this guy has over 200 verified reports of harassment.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2018-09-02 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Cracks me up how these people always think it's that one final immature act that caused their ban/silence, and not a pattern of inappropriate behavior.
    This is more about Rob having an excuse to moan than anything else.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The automated system which is based on reporting will put what's called a squelch on your chat until a GM can review. All squelches get reviewed by a human being. At that point the silence can be revoked or confirmed.

My advice: don't be an asshole and call people tossers where others can hear you.

It's always the same people complaining about this in the threads I've seen here. You can draw conclusions from that.
    Perhaps punishments shouldn't be handed out until after a GM reviews it. Of course, we all know GMs don't actually review the cases, as Blizzard has likely canned most of its GM staff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Cracks me up how these people always think it's that one final immature act that caused their ban/silence, and not a pattern of inappropriate behavior. Like the overwatch guy who claimed he was reported because ppl didn't like that he played Torb, then Jeff Kaplan comes in and informs us this guy has over 200 verified reports of harassment.
    Because Jeff definitely wouldn't lie to protect his flawed report system.

10+ Year Old Account
    It does NOT matter what you say. If a few people choose to, they can make you unable to chat for saying "Hello".
    That will happen automatically, in under a minute. Then you're fucked until/IF a GM decides to review.

- - - Updated - - -

According to many, its presence is still no excuse. If that's true they may as well remove the toggle and leave it on permanently.
    You miss the point. He admits to insulting people, then comes here whining about being silenced. Whether or not you can get silenced by trolls even when being polite is irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    This is more about Rob having an excuse to moan than anything else.
    Its all he does. Create topic after topic to whine, bitch and cry. MMO needs a 'take away your ability to create threads' moderation/punishment.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Perhaps punishments shouldn't be handed out until after a GM reviews it. Of course, we all know GMs don't actually review the cases, as Blizzard has likely canned most of its GM staff.

- - - Updated - - -

When people point to overwatch as a good example... the game staff that banned a tournament player for life because of what his chat said. Even after the host who got him banned admitted it was bullshit he was using to draw attention to race...

Latching your cart to some real winners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't insult people if you can't do the time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Except yeah, they actually do. But by all means continue to talk about things when you don't actually know what you're talking about.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Just avoid in-game voice or text chat. People will get butthurt and use the report function as revenge instead of just putting you on ignore. Keep it in discord and you can say whatever you want and nobody can do shit about it.
    I mean if you are an assbag and get reported, the fault is on you and not the people reporting. *shrugs*