Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The only decent looking set is the Dwarven Armor

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    I kinda don't understand, didn't they say that cared lots about class identity? Right now both mages and warlocks looks like priests given those cloth sets.

I really loved tiers. I loved seeing every class tier and how good/well it looked. I always loved the themes the tiers used to follow.

For an example in Naxxramas, Warlocks had that cool Plagueheart set because the theme of the raid and tier was about plague and undeath. Hunter tier 4 had the cool theme of Demonstalker since it was in The Burning Crusade and demons were everywhere.

I really do miss tiers. I feel sad that they had to remove it just because they thought the set bonus has no more place thanks to the Heart of Azeroth.
    It was just a buzzord at the time and people gobblet it up like the good sheep that they are. Blizzard changes their philosophy regarding many things each and every expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloth set looks like Anduin. I don't like it, probably will use Magister's Regalia.

Low effort and terrible. Wtf is that leather one lol.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    That appears to be 4 piles of crap. I'd be more upset but tier has been crap as well for years

10+ Year Old Account
    Horrible... and to look back at antorus which has so many imaginative ones not even in theme of the raid.. As that does matters less. Rather out of theme than ugly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Really? Tier 10 had some low ones imo.

For me it's Hunter, Druid, Shaman and Priest.

On topic though. Yeah not a fan of this "themed sets" lark. Really underwhelming for their first go at it.

Not arguing with you as that's your personal opinion but i just want to remind you of some absolute stormers from Tier 10.

Death-knight Scourgelord set, Paladin Lightsworn set, Warrior Ymirjar set, Crimson priest set, Shaman Frost Witch's set, and Warlock dark coven set.

The only one I think was bad really from T10 was the druid set and possibly the rogue one but that one was either loved or hated by each player (I liked it alot actually with the head slot toggled off).

15+ Year Old Account
    Are you all new? saying bring back tier sets, we sacrificed tier sets for this shit ect ect its the first raid for fucks sake we never even get tier sets in the first raid I am not saying I like them I think they are pretty shit but can you all just calm down the first raids gear is always shit.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

I don't like them. They all look like something you'd find in Tony Stark's trash bin for the next big thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azikt View Post
    Players, they would complain it was the wrong supermodel going down on them.
    Cindy is kinda old....guess experience would make up for it.

I still think they should just do stat/iLvl upgrades and then do Transmog/images of how things look. Make them separate. Then when you get a drop from a raid you upgrade you gears iLVL but its not tied to the appearance.

Appearances are a separate thing. Trial of style, crafting, other events, etc etc. is where changes to gear look could be gotten. Maybe the end of a raid could drop the mythic look or something.
    Last edited by Logwyn; 2018-09-02 at 10:41 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Velvet View Post
    I kinda don't understand, didn't they say that cared lots about class identity? Right now both mages and warlocks looks like priests given those cloth sets.

I really loved tiers. I loved seeing every class tier and how good/well it looked. I always loved the themes the tiers used to follow.

For an example in Naxxramas, Warlocks had that cool Plagueheart set because the theme of the raid and tier was about plague and undeath. Hunter tier 4 had the cool theme of Demonstalker since it was in The Burning Crusade and demons were everywhere.

I really do miss tiers. I feel sad that they had to remove it just because they thought the set bonus has no more place thanks to the Heart of Azeroth.
    It was just an excuse to not think of set bonuses anymore.

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leather looks horrible

yuck yuck yuck

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The first raids never had teir sets so this is actually unique where in highmaul and emerald nightmare we had nothing unique armor wise.
    First raids never had tier sets? Um, what?
    Every vanilla raid had a tier set or a piece of it anyway. AQ had 2.5. Naxx had 3. BWL had 2. MC had 1. Even Onyxia had a piece of 2. ZG was really the only exception but it still had its own set pieces with weapons and such.

With TBC, tier 4 was in Gruul/Mag/Kara, tier 5 was in SSC/TK, tier 6 was in BT/MH/SWP. ZA was the exception.

With WotLK, tier 7 was in Naxx, tier 8 was in Ulduar, tier 9 was in ToC, tier 10 was in ICC. Halion was the only exception. Suppose you could count the revamped Onyxia as well since she dropped no tier, but she dropped the same loot she did at 60 which includes non-set versions of the helms she used to drop, just higher level.

With Cata, tier 11 was in BWD and BoT. Tier 12 was in Firelands. Tier 13 was in Dragon Soul. To4W was an exception.

No tier in the first raid didn't start until MoP where MSV had no tier. So try again on that. You really show when you started playing when you say "first raids never had tier". While it's been true for the last 6 years (MoP came out in 2012), it wasn't always true.

Personally, I can't believe Blizzard went with armor sets again, but hey, they did it before with Sunwell, ToC, and LFR WoD "tier". Apparently Blizzard thought it went over oh so well in WoD for LFR that every should share in it. /sarcasm. You'd think if they were just doing armor sets, they'd be far more interesting looking than looking like quest reward greens or at best dungeon gear. But we heard that about them removing flying. By removing flying, traveling on ground would be more interesting. Yeah, I still have yet to see that. Removing something (or in the case of class sets, downsizing) doesn't seem to mean better quality. It just seems to scream "hey, we saved money!" If Blizzard can't keep up designing new class sets every tier, that suggests they shouldn't be continuously adding new classes. Or they need to bring in more people. Even having an art contest for players to design a tier or two every expansion would help them.

Well those look awful.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I pay $15 a month for ugly crap like this? lol

Everything but the Mythic cloth set looks ugly af.

Also, in my opinion variety could have been added by having class-specific takes on each set. For instance the plate set would have a skull faceplate for DKs and be more battered for warriors. The cloth set would have fel fire running through it for Warlocks. The leather set would be stripped down for DHs or feature Chi orbs for Monks.

I dont miss tier set bonuses, they can stay dead.

But the class appearances were cool. Not every set looked good for every class every tier, sure, but on the whole there's a decent set every transmog set every expansion. These new pieces... meh. Might be okay for my priest. Except the Dragon Soul tier set already did a similar type of mask anyway.

Other than that, nah. Wont suit my warlock or mage, or my warrior or DH or, well, anything.

The thing is some of the tier sets in Legion looked fucking ace. DK set for Tomb was sick. Anybody who says tier sets have looked bad for years is stupid.
    Last edited by Aesahaettr; 2018-09-02 at 10:50 PM.

how the hell a dk suppose to dk without skulls all over me?