Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Jesus fucking Christ who designed this shit? Did they fire the gear designers and get interns to do the job?

Deleted
    Well on the bright side, there's always transmog, eh?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    First raids never had tier sets? Um, what?
    Every vanilla raid had a tier set or a piece of it anyway. AQ had 2.5. Naxx had 3. BWL had 2. MC had 1. Even Onyxia had a piece of 2. ZG was really the only exception but it still had its own set pieces with weapons and such.

With TBC, tier 4 was in Gruul/Mag/Kara, tier 5 was in SSC/TK, tier 6 was in BT/MH/SWP. ZA was the exception.

With WotLK, tier 7 was in Naxx, tier 8 was in Ulduar, tier 9 was in ToC, tier 10 was in ICC. Halion was the only exception. Suppose you could count the revamped Onyxia as well since she dropped no tier, but she dropped the same loot she did at 60 which includes non-set versions of the helms she used to drop, just higher level.

With Cata, tier 11 was in BWD and BoT. Tier 12 was in Firelands. Tier 13 was in Dragon Soul. To4W was an exception.

No tier in the first raid didn't start until MoP where MSV had no tier. So try again on that. You really show when you started playing when you say "first raids never had tier". While it's been true for the last 6 years (MoP came out in 2012), it wasn't always true.

Personally, I can't believe Blizzard went with armor sets again, but hey, they did it before with Sunwell, ToC, and LFR WoD "tier". Apparently Blizzard thought it went over oh so well in WoD for LFR that every should share in it. /sarcasm. You'd think if they were just doing armor sets, they'd be far more interesting looking than looking like quest reward greens or at best dungeon gear. But we heard that about them removing flying. By removing flying, traveling on ground would be more interesting. Yeah, I still have yet to see that. Removing something (or in the case of class sets, downsizing) doesn't seem to mean better quality. It just seems to scream "hey, we saved money!" If Blizzard can't keep up designing new class sets every tier, that suggests they shouldn't be continuously adding new classes. Or they need to bring in more people. Even having an art contest for players to design a tier or two every expansion would help them.
    we are talking about in recent times where we get raids that have no teir.
    show me in emerald nightmare
    in highmaul
    where are the teir sets?

nice long poinltess post.
    but you seem to have ignored my post

The first raids never had teir sets so this is actually unique where in highmaul and emerald nightmare we had nothing unique armor wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

7+ Year Old Account
    Hard pass.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    I pay $15 a month for ugly crap like this? lol
    That says more about you then blizzard, lol.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sets look great but only 4 sets per raid i the worse part of bfa if you ask me.

To be fair, I don't mind the sets as such, there's some decent detail in there, and some people are over reacting. But after spending 2 years building up class identity, this all but strips it away.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Hey, we're removing tier sets because it drains too much resources, so we only want 4 armor sets per raid. So we can make them EXTRA cool!"

And...this is them, huh? Questing blues at the best. Jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Sets look great but only 4 sets per raid i the worse part of bfa if you ask me.
    Still getting the same number of sets total. They were just redistributed.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The first raids never had teir sets so this is actually unique where in highmaul and emerald nightmare we had nothing unique armor wise.
    Highmaul had a ton of good to decent weapon and armor mogs though... you could get most of the mythic models from it. Cant comment on en missed that tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Also laughs in void elf transmog discount racial.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korru View Post
    remember guys they gave up doing class sets for this
    Quote Originally Posted by denisgsv View Post
    just so you know blizz ... These Suck . and all your reasoning on removing class sets too ...
    That’s not actually why we lost class sets we lost them so more non raid sets could be higher quaility. I think it’s bull but that’s the reason not for theses.

Really poor raid to open the new set model on, it's very titan style and that look is very divisive whether you like it or not, especially in this automaton-esque theme.

Too early to verdict the system as a whole tho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Still getting the same number of sets total. They were just redistributed.
    ya i just like class themed sets more then area themed sets so id rather have more class themed sets and less area themed ones from other sources.

10+ Year Old Account
    No longer will there be class themed sets now it's armour themed sets. This takes away so much about playing a class, now I feel like I am playing an armor type. No longer can we have fancy looking mage sets or a hide looking hunter set, now its just a bunch of classes lumbered together. Every year I feel more customisation options are being stripped from this game

I still think they look nice, but nothing about them screams class exclusive, and thats what I hate to see go, for example will a demon hunter really look demon hunter-ish in that that leather set?... A frikkin Druid, that grassy nature look feel of what a hunter is, mixed with a titan theme, and now look at that leather set, how does that scream druid? Guess at last we can be thankful for transmorgs

I will try not to rant too much, they still look nice maybe on a warrior for the plate, a priest for the cloth, the mail one and leather I am baffled on what it will look good on :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-02 at 11:18 PM.

Hey chaud, would you mind ordering the sets LFR - Normal - Heroic - Mythic? The current Heroic - Mythic - Normal - LFR order looks weird.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Deleted
    I think they look cool, certainly matching the theme they were going for. Especially like the face masks are nice and the mythic versions. HOWEVER! I have to be blunt.. when i first saw these, i thought they were dungeon sets. Now that i know they aren't, and these are the sets i'll get in the raids, i gotta say i'm not thrilled about getting this gear from that content. And aesthetic gear is one of the two main reasons i raid at all.

It would fit dungeons much better imo. As a Druid i look at the leather set and i just can't be excited about it, it doesn't do anything for my character, and i can't believe i really get this from doing the raid. Also, when Blizzard said they were designing future sets more towards the raid, i imagined they'd keep some of the essence of the class and merge it with the new raid places, but this is just completely out there, and only fits certain classes. I really can't see this work, to have "overall" looks for multiple classes, if it stays true to the way they decide to design them as they did for this raid. Not excited to get new gear this time around.

These sets are so bad they rival TotC. Hey, lets make everyone of an armor type look the same!

7+ Year Old Account
    The mail is pretty cool. The cloth is okay. Not a fan of leather or plate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    Highmaul had a ton of good to decent weapon and armor mogs though... you could get most of the mythic models from it. Cant comment on en missed that tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Also laughs in void elf transmog discount racial.
    And have you seen the weapons in uldir? They are very decent.
    and the armor in highmaul was literally the same as the armor from blackrock foundry.

*Laughs in human 10% rep racial.*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    These sets are so bad they rival TotC. Hey, lets make everyone of an armor type look the same!
    yes because like back then everyone will be forced into these sets, and everyone will look the exact same!
    its not like transmog exisits and everyone will just mog to old gear right?

lol

Bronze Silver Gold, now you get armor and a trophy for your difficulty level all in one!