Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    To be fair it's not like it's that hard to unlock.

I've got Mag'har Orcs. 2 and a half weeks in. And I missed my fair share of Honorbound WQs.

Thats a giant leap in logic if I ever saw one.

I don't understand people who post crap like this... Just because you don't wanna do alittle bit of work to get two races, doesn't mean they are micro-transactions. Micro-transactions are what other games do. Games like CoD, Fortnite, Battlefront. Hell even some single player games do micro-transactions. (Looking at you EA). It's not hard to get the rep, I'm already exalted with the 7th legion, and 4 bars from getting to exalted with the Honorbound. It feels rewarding and great to be almost done grinding. That's how stuff should feel. It wasn't a chore to me, I was determined to unlock both of them. I worked hard and got my reward. Just because you don't wanna work for something, doesn't mean it's a micro-transaction. It feels rewarding, just like anything else you do in the game. If you don't like working then maybe WoW isn't for you.

Edit: I also wanna note that, If you do faction change, the reps go with you. I honestly feel that is a cheap way of unlocking something. And in my eyes, it's not a Micro-transaction because it's not being advertised. if anything, it's a exploit.
    Last edited by Nightheart; 2018-09-03 at 12:10 PM.

OR you could, you know, NOT pay and just not unlock one of them.......

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    OR you could, you know, NOT pay and just not unlock one of them.......
    A microtransaction is a microtransaction regardless of how many people buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightheart View Post
    I don't understand people who post crap like this... Just because you don't wanna do alittle bit of work to get two races, doesn't mean they are micro-transactions. Micro-transactions are what other games do. Games like CoD, Fortnite, Battlefront. Hell even some single player games do micro-transactions. (Looking at you EA). It's not hard to get the rep, I'm already exalted with the 7th legion, and 4 bars from getting to exalted with the Honorbound. It feels rewarding and great to be almost done grinding. That's how stuff should feel. It wasn't a chore to me, I was determined to unlock both of them. I worked hard and got my reward. Just because you don't wanna work for something, doesn't mean it's a micro-transaction. It feels rewarding, just like anything else you do in the game. If you don't like working then maybe WoW isn't for you.

Edit: I also wanna note that, If you do faction change, the reps go with you. I honestly feel that is a cheap way of unlocking something. And in my eyes, it's not a Micro-transaction because it's not being advertised. if anything, it's a exploit.
    Having the option to pay $27 to skip content is the LITERAL definition of a microtransaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Don't apply logic and reasoning when you have to deal with people who reach for straws...or anything...to present their newest conspiracy theory :P
    It's a fact, not a theory.

Faction transfer service is a literal microtransaction. Faction transfer + Race unlock, doesn't stop it from being a microtransaction.

Hurrdurr.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    Thats a giant leap in logic if I ever saw one.
    You're the thousandth person who has stated that without providing any reasoning..

Probably because you can't argue that paying $30 to skip 42000 rep, isn't a microtransaction.

Buying Loot boxes in OW isn't a microtransaction either.. Because you can earn them by playing the game.

#Wowfanlogic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I just went and re-read the OP and apart getting a stroke at the first line I don't understand where the problem is , no average player plays both factions that thoroughly and if you do you are willingly signing up to do twice the work .
    You called for them making it a microtransaction in the store , so they are not a microtransaction alright but you wish it was so.
    They are a REWARD for going through the rep grind , thing that unless you started playing yesterday should be familiar with since ..well the dawn of the game.

Now tell me , how naive do you have to be for not understanding that slowing the player progress is their go-to strategy since they earn their money from a monthly subscription? Stop being an entitled little shit wanting everything for free on the whim , and start working towards your goals . Again if you want both factions allied races that is completely on you , no one is forcing you to unlock them and they sure aren't necessary in any way to play the game .
    Suck it up and pay the transfer if you just can't unlock it through gameplay.

Last thing , think things through before opening stupid ass threads , yeah .. i know it's hard to do for the WoW community..
    Oh look, you realized you're offtopic and didn't read the OP.

So you replied with a strawman and insults... All because you got embarassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannya84 View Post

Faction transfer service is a literal microtransaction. Faction transfer + Race unlock, doesn't stop it from being a microtransaction.

Hurrdurr.
    Which still doesn't make the race unlock a microtransaction.

You might as well claim a steel rod is a thinly veiled hammer since it can be used to drive in nails.

I also learned that the 7th legion/honorbound rep will have turn ins available that give big lump sums of rep, tied into warfronts. Think AQ's opening. So the rep will be even easier than it is now. Stock up on tradeskill items and war resources in particular.

But no, let's keep complaining that blizzard has somehow turned to the dark side and is making reputations a microtransaction reward (which they are not).

We have no reason to think this similar circumstance will even happen again, as the next two allied races have reps that make sense (zandalar/proudmoore admirality), like all the previous ones before this singular exception.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-09-03 at 11:08 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are really stretching the term of microtransaction. Sure you can "buy" it, but that is by changing your character completly. If you are willing to go that far, be my guest to spend 30/60 dollars on that O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    This just in: The entire of WoW is pay2win

Why? Well if you don't pay for RL food then you'll die. If you're dead, you can't play WoW. Sneaky Blizzard... forcing us to be alive to play their game!
    Alright, you win... You made me laugh like a giddy child xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    BFA also came with a 110 boost. Just use it on an alliance character? Plenty of people used the boost on a character of the opposite faction so they can get story and unlocks. Blizzard isn't trying to rob you, you just aren't making choices that benefit you as a consumer.

7+ Year Old Account
    The two races are gated behind two separate faction related reps.

But faction changing a character who has exalted with a rep, switches it over. Thus meeting the requirement for the other faction.

So players can either put in double the time and effort to unlock both races. Or pay $30 for a faction change to unlock both races.. Following the EXACT same formula for pretty much all in-game microtransactions for any title.

Put in effort, or pay to skip. It pokes huge holes in the argument of "put in effort if you want rewards" which people seem to throw at the legion rep gates of Allied Races for some nonsensical reason.

READ
    V
    V
    V
    ****************AT THE VERY LEAST. BLIZZARD NEEDS TO TIE IT TO A FACTION NEUTRAL PATHFINDER ACHIEVEMENT... OR COMMIT TO LISTING IT ON THE INGAME STORE.****************

^
    ^
    ^
    READ

EDIT: WoW community is bad at reading. So I made it easier for slow people.
    First of all, you are really going far to look for microtransactions possibilities in this game.

And secoundly, there is nothing wrong with avalible microtransactions unless people think it is unfair. I don't think people are gonna say it is unfair, that people can pay 30$(60 if you want to return to the faction you started in) to get an Allied race, which most people are gonna get anyway within a few weeks of playing. It has no increased power to the people, so the hardcores don't care. The mid-core and casuals are all just glad to have content to play and reasons to complete content/having rewards for work, so they won't care either.

So yeah, congrats, you found a "hidden" microtransaction, but nobody cares. The only people who seems to be on your side, are just people who are mad they are behind reps anyway and are not upset about the ability to "buy" one of them.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

A microtransaction is a microtransaction regardless of how many people buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Having the option to pay $27 to skip content is the LITERAL definition of a microtransaction.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurrdurr.

- - - Updated - - -

You're the thousandth person who has stated that without providing any reasoning..

Probably because you can't argue that paying $30 to skip 42000 rep, isn't a microtransaction.

Buying Loot boxes in OW isn't a microtransaction either.. Because you can earn them by playing the game.

#Wowfanlogic.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh look, you realized you're offtopic and didn't read the OP.

So you replied with a strawman and insults... All because you got embarassed.
    But it is a leap though, the unlocking of the allied races is not a microtransaction no matter how you stretch the definition, you still have to put in the work to actually get to exalted with either 7th legion or honorbound to unlock either in the first place, just because you aren't forced to grind your way to exalted again if you faction change doesn't make them a microtransaction.

Conspiracy theories are not allowed on these forums.

If someone wants to waste money on faction changing when they could just play the game and see both stories, that's their problem, same as anytime that people spend money to skip. And if you don't play the other faction, why would you need to unlock that Allied race...?

Save the money and buy yourself some antidepressants, a whole lot of people seem to need them seeing as how they're seemingly victimized by this game at every turn.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    And if the rep didn't transfer people would bitch about that too.
    They already did lol. It originally didn't transfer until they hotfixed it last week

- - - Updated - - -

The two races are gated behind two separate faction related reps.

But faction changing a character who has exalted with a rep, switches it over. Thus meeting the requirement for the other faction.

So players can either put in double the time and effort to unlock both races. Or pay $30 for a faction change to unlock both races.. Following the EXACT same formula for pretty much all in-game microtransactions for any title.

Put in effort, or pay to skip. It pokes huge holes in the argument of "put in effort if you want rewards" which people seem to throw at the legion rep gates of Allied Races for some nonsensical reason.

READ
    V
    V
    V
    ****************AT THE VERY LEAST. BLIZZARD NEEDS TO TIE IT TO A FACTION NEUTRAL PATHFINDER ACHIEVEMENT... OR COMMIT TO LISTING IT ON THE INGAME STORE.****************

^
    ^
    ^
    READ

EDIT: WoW community is bad at reading. So I made it easier for slow people.
    ... k you are really looking for things to cry about at this point. I already did brown orcs and have an ally toon slowly working on Dark Iron now... no reason to waste money on a transfer (and then one back since I did it on my main) when just playing an ally character normally will eventually get me my rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Conspiracy theories are not allowed on these forums.

If someone wants to waste money on faction changing when they could just play the game and see both stories, that's their problem, same as anytime that people spend money to skip. And if you don't play the other faction, why would you need to unlock that Allied race...?

Save the money and buy yourself some antidepressants, a whole lot of people seem to need them seeing as how they're seemingly victimized by this game at every turn.
    "this is a conspiracy theory" *begins ranting about how it's an optional microtransaction*.

And who's victimized by this?

"this is a conspiracy theory" *begins ranting about how it's an optional microtransaction*.

And who's victimized by this?
    It is a conspiracy theory that they've been designed with the full intent of leading to more micro-transactions.

Again: If people choose to spend money on a faction change instead of simply playing the opposite faction, it's a choice they make. I for one am waiting for news on the matter before I start playing my Alliance character.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2018-09-04 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    It is a conspiracy theory that they've been designed with the full intent of leading to more micro-transactions.

Again: If people choose to spend money on a faction change instead of simply playing the opposite faction, it's a choice they make. I for one am waiting for news on the matter before I start playing my Alliance character.
    No one said anything you're claiming. I can't find any place where anyone claimed that the new races were designed specifically to be a microtransaction. But they are still a microtransaction.

Stop trolling and stay on topic.

Certainly not going to be one from me - I'll max out both reps without trying at some point. Then I'll make and level allied race characters as I feel like it.

MMOs are best enjoyed as a marathon, not a sprint. If you feel like sprinting and thus take advantage of microtransactions, fine, but don't act like that's even close to the norm...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I swear people's fixation and craze over allied races is out of any proportion I've seen in WoW. It's just a freaking extra skin for your old races and a couple of meaningless racials, why are people so touchy about this subject?

In two months, once everyone and his mother unlocks maghars and dark irons no one will give two shits about this petty "microtransaction" shit. You have what, 15 races to chose from, do you feel like you have to play every single one of them? Every variation of gender and skin color of them? You guys need a serious reality check.
    It's making people completely insane. Like the same frenzy people go through the first time some rare trinket drops that every wants. People lose their minds!

- - - Updated - - -

No one said anything you're claiming. I can't find any place where anyone claimed that the new races were designed specifically to be a microtransaction. But they are still a microtransaction.

Stop trolling and stay on topic.
    A micro-transaction would be sold in the Blizzard store. It's not sold in the store so it's not a micro-transaction.

It's a perk of playing the game. Would attunements be considered a micro as well? Mounts locked behind reputation? PVP locked behind rating?

God forbid Blizzard adds something to the game that you can't buy with gold and be done with in a week...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

I don't play Horde to any meaningful extent, so I feel no need to faction transfer a character just to unlock another race for a faction I don't really care about.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind having to do things on both Horde and Alliance. I've just unlocked my Dark Iron Dwarves and will start levelling a Hordivore to 120 soon (TM). I don't feel like Blizzard is trying to force me to faction change to get both, just to play both sides of the story. Horde have a different 110-120 experience, might as well use that free boost on the opposite faction and see everything.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )