Deleted

Fury AOE feels bad

It neither feels bursty nor very potent in sustain. Bladestorm has some serious issues. Baseline damage is quite underwhelming, so go you gotta enrage before using it. Relying on 30% Bloodthirst chance just sucks, in the worst case you enrage earliest after you built up enough rage to Rampage, then Whirlwind to cleave the Ramage > Rampage / Enrage and finally Bladestorm. In others words: Zero burst.

You could pick Reckless Abandon to reliably enrage via Recklessness > Rampage but still quite some ramp up is required: Charge > Whirlwind (to cleave Rampage) > Reckless Abandon > Rampage / Enrage > Bladestorm. So that's 4(!) GCDs to setup a somewhat meaningful AOE. Much micromanaging, little effect. Does not sound like Fury Warrior eh?

Sustain AOE ? Feels bad as well. The Whirlwind cleave imho has too little effect because we have only one hard hitter (Rampage). Having to refresh Whirlwind stacks every 3rd GCD feels annoying and is also unrewarding. 50% of Bloodthirst / Raging Blow / Execute damage to 4 max. extra targets is next to nothing. It justs does not feel worth the Whirlwind GCD for 2-3 targets.

Refreshing 2 stacks which deplete within 2 GCDs constantly is annyoing, especially with low haste. You literally see packs melting away in front of you while you are whirlwinding to MAYBE land some puny damage cleaved rampage or execute.

What you think about it?

For me, AOE feels great for Fury! With Siegebreak and WW you split the debuff up to 5 targets. Its called "4 targets additionally", also 4 + the main target = 5. And WW hits all targets. So up to 5 targets all is great. We can make great ST dmg and Aoe with the same rota.

I use the ww stacks with Siegebreaker > Execute (proc) > Rampage > RB > BT and i do some good dps. I dont know if some other Talent combinations make more sense. Maybe Siegebreaker + Bladestorm, or Reckless Abandon + Bladestorm/Dragon roar...

But in the end...No, Fury AoE makes a lot of fun and it doesnt feel bad.
    Except my english, for which i have to apologize maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    AOE feels really good at the moment. Having execute be able to cleave when SD procs makes it even crazier, my only complaint is the cooldown on execute.

Deleted
    I agree. Fury feels a little off but it can still do decent numbers. (Admittedly not as good as arms and with more effort required)

The setup does feel clunky and often, though I can't entirely place why, the pure single target feels bad, especially when you're running with BS and SB.

Edit: The only thing that feels great is execute, be that SD procs which are fun or hopping around low health targets to cleave it.

I prefer fury over arms for aoe.. and I am main arms.

Fury aoe feels better than Arms. Not as spikey since Fury's Bladestorm is meh. But at least i'm not purely waiting around for CDs, i can just keep moving along with the group. Sweeping Strikes is like sharpening spikes on a mace, sure it helps but it doesn't feel great. Not when Deep Wounds lasts slightly longer than MS's CD. Maybe if you get a Sudden Death and swap targets but then you are just hoping for rng, i might just be unlucky with SD procs too though.

And as a side note, Fury's consistent aoe damage tends to proc Victory Rush more often (in my experience) and i think the self healing is a little underrated. I've had healers say they can almost ignore me, which can be very helpful in groups. Granted that is only in M0, it'll probably fall off in higher damage fights.

Honestly charging in, whirlwind, rampage, dragons roar feels really good. I still burst pretty high and maintain more of the damage.

Deleted
    OK so when i made this thread i had only played my bad geared / low haste horde alt char and experienced the described situation. After i started leveling my alliance main i see things differently. It seems like the big issue here is haste. I think with my alt i was at 15% haste or so and it felt terrible to AOE. On my main i got a base haste of 35% and Sephuz equipped, what make +25% on every second charge. With 60% haste its actually awesome to play Fury and AOE simply works quite well. You are a freakin derwish. Too bad that Sephuz is gone with Level 116. I wish i could keep it.

Deleted
    Fury will still be under arms due to the fact that WW hits 4 targets max.

Quote Originally Posted by EazyPee View Post
    Fury will still be under arms due to the fact that WW hits 4 targets max.
    Do you expect to pull more than 4 mobs in mm+?

Played my horde fury warrior last night (330 iLvl with 1x 340 weapon and 1x 300 weapon). Rotation feels fluid, only sometimes had to wait for some proccs.

Did a mythic dungeon together with a fresh 290 iLvl Arms Warrior.

The sad part:
    - In AoE fights he did the same and even more dmg than me
    - Even in ST fights he did not lose connection.

Please explain :-(

Fury is really fun to play but these numbers shocked me and I plan to try Arms now :-((

Pretty sure all the Sims are showing arms ahead. Doubt it will stay like that. But this is (Imo) the weakest start fury has had in a while.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Pretty sure all the Sims are showing arms ahead. Doubt it will stay like that. But this is (Imo) the weakest start fury has had in a while.
    Yes... the SIMC site (the only comparison worth the name) at 340 lists Arms ahead by a reasonable amount.

BUT... at 385 Furry is much closer (a few percent). In any case, the sims are Patchwerk. Best advice? Sim yourself (Patchwerk boss, and also Hectic Add Cleave) in both specs with appropriate traits and then judge.

This may all be moot since the first big balance pass is due next week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Arms is considered as strongest dps for dungeons. So comparing with the overpowered spec is pointless. There is no guarantee they will buff fury to the same powerlwvel.

Tomorrow we will have some m+ and raid data. I dont know how good arms st dps is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VainEldritch View Post
    Yes... the SIMC site (the only comparison worth the name) at 340 lists Arms ahead by a reasonable amount.

BUT... at 385 Furry is much closer (a few percent). In any case, the sims are Patchwerk. Best advice? Sim yourself (Patchwerk boss, and also Hectic Add Cleave) in both specs with appropriate traits and then judge.

This may all be moot since the first big balance pass is due next week.
    Currently simcraft shows arms 1% ahead in 385 gear... and sims comparing specs are useless.

I agree, I feel like I have to work on an AoE rotation and still get easily beat by other classes that have 1 easy button to click. I don't think Fury AoE dps is horrible, but you would think you would be rewarded for good play compared to a 1 button AoE.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zealos View Post
    I agree, I feel like I have to work on an AoE rotation and still get easily beat by other classes that have 1 easy button to click. I don't think Fury AoE dps is horrible, but you would think you would be rewarded for good play compared to a 1 button AoE.
    Some specs like Arms are simply overpowered. I expect them to wait for more raid data, but i would expect some nerfs to top specs like arms. Fury is pretty good. Fury is just worse compared to FOTM Arms.

But again. Next week there will be some numbers tuning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowtwitchh View Post
    I prefer fury over arms for aoe.. and I am main arms.
    you are doing something wrong sir

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinibe View Post
    Fury aoe feels better than Arms. Not as spikey since Fury's Bladestorm is meh. But at least i'm not purely waiting around for CDs, i can just keep moving along with the group. Sweeping Strikes is like sharpening spikes on a mace, sure it helps but it doesn't feel great. Not when Deep Wounds lasts slightly longer than MS's CD. Maybe if you get a Sudden Death and swap targets but then you are just hoping for rng, i might just be unlucky with SD procs too though.

And as a side note, Fury's consistent aoe damage tends to proc Victory Rush more often (in my experience) and i think the self healing is a little underrated. I've had healers say they can almost ignore me, which can be very helpful in groups. Granted that is only in M0, it'll probably fall off in higher damage fights.
    You are playing Arms wrong dude.

Sudden Death is not even a thing right now.

Sweeping Strikes is like sharpening spikes on a mace, sure it helps but it doesn't feel great.
    ?!?!?!?!?!?!

---

I have yet to see someone outdamage me over a full dungeon, only Outlaw competes.

3x Lord of War, nobody will compete with you on trash.
    Last edited by mmocefe5057e27; 2018-09-05 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post
    You are playing Arms wrong dude.

Sudden Death is not even a thing right now.
    You right. I was doing something wrong. Didn't realize that Cleave applied Deep Wounds. Although I will stand by that Fury feels better at AoE, rotation wise.

Also to explain my Sweeping Strikes comment, it just doesn't feel very good to use a cd (granted not a long one) to only hit 2 things when most groups are 3+. Thus the sharpening spikes on a mace comparison, yes hitting an extra mob in a group is helpful but it doesn't feel very impactful.

The biggest complaint in my previous post was trying to find a way to spread Deep Wounds while Bladestorm was on cd. I was suggesting popping Sweeping Strikes + MS + target swap on Sudden Death proc to spread that bleed damage. But I was obviously a dumb dumb and didn't read Cleave's description. So this becomes less of a hang up for me and made my rotation much smoother.

However, I will say that Fury AoE still feels better. It's more fun and consistent. But that is obviously just my opinion, like I said at the very start of my last post "Feels". It is subjective. I'm just glad that you recognized that I was confused, didn't get butt hurt and made a suggestion to clear things up instead of simply saying I was wrong.

no complaints about fury aoe

Fury's AoE is a lot less spiky and meter-padding than Arms's which can do insane numbers with 3x Lord of War, but it is not bad, and a lot more consistent than Arms's. You won't out-DPS a good Arms, Outlaw or Frost on trash for sure, but you won't lag behind that much if you use your WW stacks well, I recommend running Siegebreaker for more consistent AoE damage personally.