Poll: Which Tortollan Seeker world quest do you hate doing the most?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The memory game is fine, the mace is okish since they increased the speed, but beachhead still takes some time and is boring. Have them damn turtles walk faster or even simpler reduce the amount needed to 6.

The very first time whatshisface told me "this is not how the story supposed to go!" I left the turtle there to rot in the maze. I know how I like my stories!!!

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    I'd prefer any Tortollan quest over "kill 100 mobs and extract azerite from them", TBH. There are a lot of progress bar worldquests that are way slower than beachhead.
    I agree there. Some WQs are really ridicoulous, normal mobs giving 2% progress, rare clickable items that give 5%.
    And additionally they seem to have problems getting the mobs respawn rate right. On some azerite quests you cannot even mine the azerite chunk before the mobs guarding it respawn, and on other spots you see 20 player spamming aoe waiting for the respawn of the mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate memory quest. My memory is bad and I'm spending insane amount of time on that quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked them all at first, but now the getting them to water pisses me off. Still don't mind the others.

They're all quick at least.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    I'd prefer any Tortollan quest over "kill 100 mobs and extract azerite from them", TBH. There are a lot of progress bar worldquests that are way slower than beachhead.
    I don't even do the quests anymore that have those progress bars. Fuck them. Takes forever. For Champions I only kill bosses and I do the ones where you have to heal 5 wounds. Those are fast and even with mob aggro you can still click on the big button to complete it.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like shell game.
    Make loh go is a lot better now that the controlls are not so slugish. The problem is that there is so little diversity, there is like what -- 3 different maps at best and the flags are always in the same spots.
    Beachhead tho is a pain -- to many turtles and the cannon is really bad at snapping to the birds when shooting them. There is also one (or a couple) of Beachheads that are really annoying to do in the daytime cycle cause they look directly into the sun -- I believe it's the one in Drustvar that does this. It becomes a lot harder to actually see anything.

If we are just talking general WQ hate the Champions quests where you have to fill the entire bar with azerite goodness are way more annoying. Also Brozebeard with his scottish dwarf accent is a lot worse then the turtles -- I rather hear "A turtle made it to the sea" over and over again before I hear him talk ever again.
    Last edited by looorg; 2018-09-04 at 11:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by looorg View Post
    I like shell game, make loh go is a lot better now that the controlls are not so slugish. The problem is that there is so little diversity, there is like what -- 3 different maps at best and the flags are always in the same spots. Beachhead tho is a pain -- to many turtles and the cannon is really bad at snapping to the birds when shooting them. There is also one (or a couple) of Beachheads that are really annoying to do in the daytime cycle cause they look directly into the sun -- I believe it's the one in Drustvar that does this. It becomes a lot harder to actually see anything.
    Agree, when I first did it, I was like cool, I bet each one is randomised...

I remember doing the shoot quest on the beta, and "raging" a bug report about how crappy the cannon is. Good to know they've considered fixing it .

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly on those quests, you need to round up the elite and AoE them. 1 big elite (25%), 2-3 small elites (15% each) and while the dps is killing them, I round up smaller mobs into the pile and we are all done to 100% in one big pull.
    Only the azerite quests commonly have elite, and even there are only 3-6 up and they are usually already tagged, so rounding them up is not so easy.
    But on other quests, like the trolls at the necropole, there are no elite to round up in the first place.

A turtle made it to the water!

I enjoy most of the tortollan WQs, but this is my least liked one. Mostly because the aiming reticle is annoying as fuck. Make Loh Go I enjoy, and even more so now that they fixed the controls. The shell game is easy as fuck, and I typically go for the tortollan quests in a zone when doing the emissaries, since they count for any and all of them (minus Champions of Azeroth).

One of them is a literal turrect section, which in this industry has been memed so hard it is the epitome of bad game design. Add to that unfair spawning behavor (doesn't make it harder, just punish you with even more time doing garbage gameplay) and wonky aiming mechanics and you have one of the most hate-worthy time sinks in the history of this game. The fucking pristine eagle feathers are still worse though..

Quote Originally Posted by Azarak View Post
    The only reasonable choice is the seagull/crab shooting one. The other 2 are 5 times as fast and dont have annoying as fuck aim reticles with slow projectiles and crabs that spawn on turtles and insta kill them.
    A lot of the time I had two crabs from opposite directions walk into the same turtle at the same time and nothing happened, other times the fucking seagulls had turtles just appearing in their beaks and exploding.

15+ Year Old Account
    Logo and Memory are quick and easy, but Beachhead is annoying, between her constant rambling, waiting for them to reach the water, and the difficulty of aiming at seagulls with an arc targeting reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhade1337 View Post
    They should do one of these:
    1 - reduce the 12 turtles to 6
    2 - increase the movement speed of the turtles by dunno 20% maybe 30%

Like they did with the maze, increase the turtles speed !
    They should increase the speed of both the Turtles and the Birds / Crabs. What makes the quest boring is the pace and the fact that there is nothing on the line. After speeding up everything Blizzard could make 3 tiers of rewards for the completion of the quest based off how many turtles make it to the water.

Same here - that's why from the very start until I got them to revered - I had them as my contract.
    Now they are revered - they will only get done if their emissary is up

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, lots of other world quest are way worse, but if I hear "A TURTLE MADE IT TO THE WATER" one more time, I'm going to lose my shit.
    Here's the 10 h version, just for you

getting turtles to the water + "fill up the bar" WQs which seem to take an eternity now are both the worst content so far.

guess this thread isn't for me... cause i like them all, but hey here is my two copper.

I think they should have bonus for each one for doing it close to perfect. beachhead could be no turtles lost = bonus rep. memory game could be done via tries "X or less tries" = bonus rep, maze could be time or move based for bonus rep.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Nah, their quests are simple and relaxing. I enjoy doing them. But there are just too few of em.