Uldir Boss Guides - World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth Raid

See the full page for the latest version.
    Last edited by chaud; 2018-09-04 at 08:22 AM.

Just a heads up but; Link of heading for the Uldir raid bosses actually takes you to Antorus bosses ...

Why is the first line written like it has been released in the past?

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    Why is the first line written like it has been released in the past?
    Because most of the pageviews will be generated after the raid will have opened.

I feel like there is almost no connection between the Alliance storyline and this raid, is that accurate? Now, I've not completed everything in all the zones for alliance yet, but seems like this is a little out of left field if I wasn't also leveling a Horde toon and familiar with the lore of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tratheshaman View Post
    I feel like there is almost no connection between the Alliance storyline and this raid, is that accurate? Now, I've not completed everything in all the zones for alliance yet, but seems like this is a little out of left field if I wasn't also leveling a Horde toon and familiar with the lore of the game.
    Yeah, there seems to be little to no set up for Alliance to be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tratheshaman View Post
    Yes, there is next to zero build-up for Alliance. The closest we get is Brann Bronzebeard making mention of Uldir at the beginning and end of the Underrot dungeon (which also has no build-up for Alliance). That's the problem with separating factions out with almost independent stories but still having us do the same content in the end. Why does the Horde go to the Siege of Boralus? It would make sense if they were capitalizing on the chaos and trying to take over the city, but as far as I know they just kill the same invading force that Alliance does. Nonsensical.

"G'huun Defeat Cinematic
    Coming as soon as he is defeated! "

This is the first I have heard of this. Is there actually an encrypted cinematic in the game data for one of these? We never had one for Highmaul or Emerald Nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    The minimalist guide isn't too helpful without context of knowing the fight. I really miss those Two Minute Tips videos by LoS Gaming. They nailed tactics in such a clean and concise manner that even with no prior knowledge of the fight, you became fully familiar with it in moments.

I see helms, shoulders and chests in the loot table. But I don't see azerite armor pieces. Aren't we supposed to wear them all the time? Why should I swap my current 340 azerite shoulder with a 355 shoulder without traits, I don't get it. What's the logic behind this loot?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    I see helms, shoulders and chests in the loot table. But I don't see azerite armor pieces. Aren't we supposed to wear them all the time? Why should I swap my current 340 azerite shoulder with a 355 shoulder without traits, I don't get it. What's the logic behind this loot?
    dw they have traits, they just don't show up on that link style

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    They are Azerite pieces, obviosuly, but since they aren't class specific, they can't know which traits will be available to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://youtu.be/IEt-nIGCoyE this video is akin to the old style two minute tips videos and much more clearly explained the fight than fatboss or the minimalist sheet.

The Uldir armor viewer links to the T21 armor page.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    The minimalist guide isn't too helpful without context of knowing the fight. I really miss those Two Minute Tips videos by LoS Gaming. They nailed tactics in such a clean and concise manner that even with no prior knowledge of the fight, you became fully familiar with it in moments.
    Does this raid have anything to do with the Loa of the Kings? There could be a cinematic that progresses this, possibly showing Vol'Jin take the mantle and giving prelates back their power.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper Kazai View Post
    Yes, there is next to zero build-up for Alliance. The closest we get is Brann Bronzebeard making mention of Uldir at the beginning and end of the Underrot dungeon (which also has no build-up for Alliance). That's the problem with separating factions out with almost independent stories but still having us do the same content in the end. Why does the Horde go to the Siege of Boralus? It would make sense if they were capitalizing on the chaos and trying to take over the city, but as far as I know they just kill the same invading force that Alliance does. Nonsensical.
    Story wise the Horde don't do Siege of Boralus, and the Alliance probably has nothing to do with Uldir, but for gameplay reasons obviously this stuff needs to be opened up to both factions.

Deleted
    "Thrash Mouth - All Stars"

Oh you.

Quote Originally Posted by Veldoranz View Post
    "G'huun Defeat Cinematic
    Coming as soon as he is defeated! "

This is the first I have heard of this. Is there actually an encrypted cinematic in the game data for one of these? We never had one for Highmaul or Emerald Nightmare.
    yeah, i think it was cleared and no cinematic showed up, so they removed that part here.