Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The gear would mean finding out what everyone was wearing before the patch and giving it back to them while taking away all the loot obtained by accident without removing pieces that are legit.
    If each item in Blizzards database has some sort of "source" flag that indicates where it originated, such as "MythicWeeklyChest", then they could search for the items that way and remove them. That's pure speculation on my part. Such a flag may not exist. But it would be handy to have for this type of scenario.

However there are always knock on effects. Especially with a bug that can be triggered by someone without intentionally exploiting the game. What if someone deleted their old piece of gear. What if someone has DE'ed the new piece of gear. Things like that. It's tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    How embarrassing for a company like Blizzard to fuck up so bad.

I reckon the PvP achievements will be rolled back, but not the gear. The gear would mean finding out what everyone was wearing before the patch and giving it back to them while taking away all the loot obtained by accident without removing pieces that are legit.
    That is why I wonder why the servers in the US are even still up. Usually when you fuck up that bad you close them down again and fix the problem asap, before the problem keeps piling up..

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That is why I wonder why the servers in the US are even still up. Usually when you fuck up that bad you close them down again and fix the problem asap, before the problem keeps piling up..
    Well it is early in the morning on the pacific coast, so Blizz is on a coffee break right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Collected View Post
    If each item in Blizzards database has some sort of "source" flag that indicates where it originated, such as "MythicWeeklyChest", then they could search for the items that way and remove them. That's pure speculation on my part. Such a flag may not exist. But it would be handy to have for this type of scenario.

However there are always knock on effects. Especially with a bug that can be triggered by someone without intentionally exploiting the game. What if someone deleted their old piece of gear. What if someone has DE'ed the new piece of gear. Things like that. It's tricky.
    Rollback, postpone Uldir race by another week. This is last resort, but this doesn't require any manual input to fix, and they have everything to do it. "We don't have tools" is not an argument this time.

Quote Originally Posted by AnotherJaggens View Post
    Rollback, postpone Uldir race by another week. This is last resort, but this doesn't require any manual input to fix, and they have everything to do it. "We don't have tools" is not an argument this time.
    WoW devs have always had the tools but the lack of will power is in question. Will they do what is right to fix this mess?

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Main difference with deleting them vs lowering the ilvl has to do with applying a patch and followup. Basically if you lower level then you just say 'if source == mythic+ chest then set ilvl to X" and player still has a piece of gear. If they can't find the source, then the highest possible item now (which I think is 370 if base is 355 then a +15 TF this week). If you delete their gear, then you're creating load on your restoration services (and it has a 15 day cooldown if I remember right) and inevitable GM tickets.
    If they have the ability to find the source (which they should, otherwise how would the armory and guild info be able to track this kind of thing), then deleting is the way to go. Dealing with some GM tickets is a small price to pay for not undermining the progression system in the game.

How many people do we think were affected though? Afaik, it's only NA, and only people who logged on in an hour and a half long window who had also finished a key in the last week of legion. That can't be *that* many people (surely not hundreds of thousands as some people have said).

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    A few of my guildmates said that the chest isn't appearing any more.

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    I doubt the gear would be removed. They might just lower all gear from chests down to 355, though. If they remove it, they have to deal with enchants/gems/people sharding old gear.
    People are gonna be mad no matter what they do, but the biggest rage will be from people who didn't log on before the fix if they let people keep the gear.

But who knows what they'll do. I think they're gonna roll it all back but I do think there's a chance they don't.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    People are gonna be mad no matter what they do, but the biggest rage will be from people who didn't log on before the fix if they let people keep the gear.

But who knows what they'll do. I think they're gonna roll it all back but I do think there's a chance they don't.
    Roll back is probably their best option but not doing anything is probably the easier way out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    If they have the ability to find the source (which they should, otherwise how would the armory and guild info be able to track this kind of thing), then deleting is the way to go. Dealing with some GM tickets is a small price to pay for not undermining the progression system in the game.

How many people do we think were affected though? Afaik, it's only NA, and only people who logged on in an hour and a half long window who had also finished a key in the last week of legion. That can't be *that* many people (surely not hundreds of thousands as some people have said).

A few of my guildmates said that the chest isn't appearing any more.
    They removed the chest, probably to stop the plague till they figure out how to go about this

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    They removed the chest, probably to stop the plague till they figure out how to go about this
    This happened in rated PVP too with people also obtaining 370+ loot which is why the PVP season is disabled right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevaara View Post
    RIP dude this will probably ruin a lot of the M+ spam plans for tons of people heh.
    Can't you just downgrade a key like you could in Legion ? Run in, start key, run out. Reset Dungeon. Key is now 1 level lower. Repeat till it's the level you want.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Implying Blizz gives a damn about EU. lul
    Implaying BLizz gives a damn about anyone LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the Alliance mythic chest located??

Have been trying to find it for almost 2 hours, NOBODY seems to want to help with that tiny bit of info.

Good news!

Blizzard is on top of world quest exploits but silence on M+ loot.

>.>

Quote Originally Posted by Icoblablubb View Post
    Implaying BLizz gives a damn about anyone LUL
    They seem to care a lot about themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Good news!

>.>
    "Very small number of players" sounds like they banned <20 accounts

Top priority bois

Quote Originally Posted by Darkynhalvos View Post
    Where is the Alliance mythic chest located??

Have been trying to find it for almost 2 hours, NOBODY seems to want to help with that tiny bit of info.
    You probably passed it already - they removed it because of this. It's just not there at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Reman View Post
    Very small group sounds like they banned <20 accounts

Top priority bois
    And it was the exploit from last week lol.

Nothing about the shenanigans happening today. GG.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Good news!

>.>
    That WQ "Dupe" was actually a hoax. No one got banned, Blizzard just jumped the gun on the response

Quote Originally Posted by swisscheese View Post
    That WQ "Dupe" was actually a hoax. No one got banned, Blizzard just jumped the gun on the response
    They just posted a thread on the issue recently that is related but not about the hoax.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...8727145?page=1