Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know why they would release a 3DS version at this point. It's pretty clear that Nintendo is done supporting the platform with big titles. There are literally 5 games slated for release in NA on the system in the next 3 months and none of them are big name IPs. WarioWare Gold and Captain Toad might be decent games, but there is nothing big coming out. Of course, E3 could change that but at this point I think it's safe to say that the 3DS is finished and that Nintendo doesn't intend on doing another portable gaming system.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I don't even know why they would release a 3DS version at this point. It's pretty clear that Nintendo is done supporting the platform with big titles. There are literally 5 games slated for release in NA on the system in the next 3 months and none of them are big name IPs. WarioWare Gold and Captain Toad might be decent games, but there is nothing big coming out. Of course, E3 could change that but at this point I think it's safe to say that the 3DS is finished and that Nintendo doesn't intend on doing another portable gaming system.
    The 3DS might be on life support but Nintendo has already announced life support for it going into 2019.

Atlus as well has not only 3DS games, but straight up exclusive 3DS games yet to come out.

Nintendo will absolutely publish the 3DS version of it if they do the Switch version. If it's just up to square that might be more up in the air. The 3DS version is also quite different outside of the script and is worth being there, a lot of people actually prefer it over the PS4 version.(I'm talking people who have played both).

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The 3DS might be on life support but Nintendo has already announced life support for it going into 2019.

Atlus as well has not only 3DS games, but straight up exclusive 3DS games yet to come out.

Nintendo will absolutely publish the 3DS version of it if they do the Switch version. If it's just up to square that might be more up in the air. The 3DS version is also quite different outside of the script and is worth being there, a lot of people actually prefer it over the PS4 version.(I'm talking people who have played both).
    I'd kind of like for Nintendo to get some of the other Dragon Quest games localized for the 3DS in the interim at least. I didn't like having to play a poorly translated version of Terry's Wonderland and I really want to play the remakes of both the Monsters 2 games. I mean, I'm willing to pay money for legal copies, but if Nintendo and Square aren't going to throw us fans a frickin bone here, I'll be waiting for fan translations. With no Pokemon game on the horizon, I don't see why they wouldn't release the Monsters games here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

Hell, I'd still buy the 3DS version alongside the PC one. I will not be getting the Switch version anymore though.

https://www.dualshockers.com/dragon-...witch-ps4-3ds/

Dual Shockers has confirmed the Switch port for DQXI will be based off the PS4 version, and the reason the Switch port is late is because when they got the SDK for the Switch it didn't have UE4, and when it got it, the UE4 they used for the game was outdated.

Also, they aren't localizing the 3DS version because they felt the PS4 and Steam ports would be the best experience for fans and new players in the west.

Wheres all the hype for this game?

Seems like a fun JRPG so I did a lot of research on it and I decided not to get it, it looks a little bit too easy and the dialogue/voice acting looks a bit stiff.

It reminds me of FF9 in a lot of ways so im a bit gutted I wont be playing it because its so close to being a game I would love. But it all just seems a bit flat. Also the world looks big but rather boring, Big hallways with very little mini games. You need fun mini games in a JRPG otherwise the only characters that matter is your party and the big cool cities they make become just another weapon shop and you're done.

Also the artist could have done a better job on the main character, hes trying so hard to appeal to western markets and playing it safe he just comes off as boring, especially with that haircut.

Fucking Amazon delayed my order so latest I'll get it is the 7th.

Why dey do dis.

OH BUT THEY STILL EMAIL ME THE DLC CODE.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Wheres all the hype for this game?

Seems like a fun JRPG. I decided not to get it, it looks a little bit too easy and the dialogue/voice acting looks a bit stiff.

It reminds me of FF9 in a lot of ways so im a bit gutted I wont be playing it because its so close to being a game I would love. But it all just seems a bit flat. Also the worlds look big but rather boring, Big hallways with very little mini games. You need fun mini games in a JRPG otherwise the only characters that matter is your party and the big cool cities they make become just another weapon shop and you're done.

Also the artist could have done a better job on the main character, hes trying so hard to appeal to western markets and playing it safe he just comes off as boring, especially with that haircut.
    That's just DQ dude. Good game series but not really hyped up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Why dey do dis.

- - - Updated - - -

I probably would have brought it if I didnt just spend $180 on divinity sin 2 and spider-man. Then gonna get red dead next month. So if it came earlier in the year when there wasnt many games around I would have got it most likely

How do people like it so far? I am more concerned about the PC version, but any feedback would be great. Looks like 8/10 reviews on Steam so far, which is a good sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealos View Post
    How do people like it so far? I am more concerned about the PC version, but any feedback would be great. Looks like 8/10 reviews on Steam so far, which is a good sign.
    It's pretty solid so far. I'm about ten hours in and I've been exploring every nook and cranny. I don't have any complaints - it's exactly what I expected and wanted from a Dragon Quest game.

God, this game is beautiful. I keep having to stop and swing the camera around to take in the envrionments.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    $80 is a lot to ask for a game, not sure if I'll be jumping on it right now. Need to finish BattleMech first anyway.

I moved this to the top of my steam wishlist. It looks friggin beautiful. The reviews seem positive and the videos I've watched have me interested. I don't think I ever finished a DQ game. I still have DQ8 for PS2 (I think) somewhere. Maybe I should hook up my PS2 again and finish that one while I wait to get the funds for this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about 'anime styles' but I know that I like the ones from Ni no Kuni and Persona better than this one. The eyes and faces look... strange somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    I don't know much about 'anime styles' but I know that I like the ones from Ni no Kuni and Persona better than this one. The eyes and faces look... strange somehow.
    Design is by Akira Toriyama, autor of Dragon Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post

Why dey do dis.

- - - Updated - - -

I bought the collector's edition (€130) directly off Square Enix, got the game via mail on the 31st... was shipped on the 29th, a few days before official release.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-09-06 at 02:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am so glad this came out on PC and hope it does well enough to maybe see some other games in the series ported or even re-mastered(and ported xD). Currently about 20h in and I haven't enjoyed a game this much since like, the Witcher 3.

Great cast of characters (a bit miffed that the protagonist is a silent character though), the voice acting is really good (at first I thought it wouldn't be because I didn't really like Gemma's voice, but as I played it got much better from the rest of the chars).

The graphics and scenery is really beautiful, a lot of places to go and a lot of variety.

The combat is really fun too, I especially like that you can add tactics to your characters and have them play by themselves. Really makes the fights between bosses fly by faster and makes grinding less tedious. The Pep Powers are okay however some of them feel underpowered, and it feels a bit too random when you go into pepped up state.

The story is also good, if a bit predictable (really though this is more of a staple of JRPGs from my experience with them, not that it's anything bad, after all it has enough twists to distinguish it from other titles).

There are also some minigames for those interested in that: Gambling(a really cool slot machine that I have yet to fully understand, a regular slot machine, poker), Horse races. These are the ones I found so far, maybe there are more later :-/

Crafting seems okay, however the best part of it is that you can upgrade items that you obtain by other means.

All in all I think it's a solid 9 so far. Only dissatisfaction is that the characters aren't very customizable outside of a few outfits that you can equip. Most armors don't change what you wear (another staple of JRPGs). And you can't change the MC's appearance via haircuts/hair color or anything (at least not so far).

To be honest. This might just be the best in the entire series.

As much as I think 8 is the best PS2 game I think it beats that :O

Sylvando may be my new favorite game character.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Sylvando may be my new favorite game character.
    Oh honey, you know it!