Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    ...and not also play retail?

Assuming Vanilla will be included with an active retail account?

So, would it not actually make more sense to have Vanilla available as soon as possible? Those who want to play retail will sub, those who are on the fence and want Vanilla will sub and likely try the new game?
    there's no serious reason for that, let's see why:

a)over the years the game kept improving with effort from the dev team, feedback from the players and the help of technology, you need to be insane to claim that a decade of effort made a product worse

b)the best parts of vanilla had nothing to do with vanilla, we were enjoying things we now consider pointless because it was the first time we ever did them, that's not gonna change by switching back to older patchnotes

c)vanilla had a great number of stupid ideas that got abolished for a reason and that's certainly not due to devs being stupid and players lazy

d)if your time is valuable it's a terrible value for money deal

e)after all those years the game has come full circle and BfA has effectively combined the best elements of Legion and Vanilla making the release of classic obsolete, BfA was a checkmate move on classic no matter how you look it (unless it's through rose tinted glasses ofc)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    So....Much.....SALT. Never have i seen such a jaded and angry gamer,.
    In what way do u see im angry LUL. I just stated everything i dislike about current wow...

Deleted
    Because it is a completely different game now. And i honestly can't wait to play vanilla shadow priest..

Every live player will be bored to death after a while in vanilla.

No reagent bank, ammo/quiver for hunters (pet to feed ect...), no double spec, no dps as a healer (I farmed as a holy priest so I know how it was... PAINFUL), Magic dmg/healing items are not the same stuff.. priest can't get mage stuff and mage can't get priest stuff... Same for shadow priest ect...

And thats just the tip of the iceberg, so many flawed systems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Because it is a completely different game now. And i honestly can't wait to play vanilla shadow priest..
    GL HF when no one will want to group with you (SP sucked in vanilla outside of mana mana) and you'll have to farm a healing stuff because there is no +heal power on +magic dmg stuff.....

oh god ! You don't know what it is....
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-09-04 at 10:43 AM.

Do you mean 'retail' as 'current wow'?

This is the most probable and logic payment outcome.

So, would it not actually make more sense to have Vanilla available as soon as possible?
    It is... but... Blizzard... soon...

Those who want to play retail will sub, those who are on the fence and want Vanilla will sub and likely try the new game?
    Will i try BFA? Yes.
    Will i play regulary BFA? Not much. Probably just level to 120 and going back to Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    Every live player will be bored to death after a while in vanilla.

No reagent bank, ammo/quiver for hunters (pet to feed ect...), no double spec, no dps as a healer (I farmed as a holy priest so I know how it was... PAINFUL), Magic dmg/healing items are not the same stuff.. priest can't get mage stuff and mage can't get priest stuff... Same for shadow priest ect...

And thats just the tip of the iceberg, so many flawed systems

- - - Updated - - -

GL HF when no one will want to group with you (SP sucked in vanilla outside of mana mana) and you'll have to farm a healing stuff because there is no +heal power on +magic dmg stuff.....

oh god ! You don't know what it is....
    I only pvp dude. I will be fine. I already cleared the pve content 13 years ago .

Quote Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
    Because retail is two button mash haven for casuals right now. Who would play it if there is Vanilla available?

.... Hunter vanilla is exactly that, 2 buttons (Aimed + multi shot) spam... Are you serious... Mage is frostbolt spam too... rogue is "wait for energy" spam hahahaha...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    I only pvp dude. I will be fine. I already cleared the pve content 13 years ago .
    And you think you're the only one ?
    Enjoy your endless Alteract Valley and Warsong glutch...

I'm okay with people saying they prefer Vanilla... But despise people saying that current Wow is worse...
    I was an hardcore raider, never really stopped wow after that... I tried some private server and quit after 2h because my hunter still had no pet (yup... you start without pet and with the ***** deadzone...)
    Last edited by vashe9; 2018-09-04 at 10:50 AM.

I doubt they are gonna make a proper vanilla clone, so most people will be disapointed anyway.

I woulden't be suprised if Blizz added the LFD into the vanilla servers tbh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    .... Hunter vanilla is exactly that, 2 buttons (Aimed + multi shot) spam... Are you serious... Mage is frostbolt spam too... rogue is "wait for energy" spam hahahaha...

- - - Updated - - -

And you think you're the only one ?
    Enjoy your endless Alteract Valley and Warsong glutch...

I'm okay with people saying they prefer Vanilla... But despise people saying that current Wow is worse...
    I was an hardcore raider, never really stopped wow after that... I tried some private server and quit after 2h because my hunter still had no pet (yup... you start without pet and with the ***** deadzone...)
    To be honest, everything you listed as bad points are exactly the things that i want back. So yeah to each his own i guess.

Because some of them will need to buy a copy of BFA to play the current game at level 120.

Man some people get so salty about the choices other people make with a video game. If you choose vanilla than play vanilla. If you like BFA than play BFA. If you are like me and will play both then go for it. Just a video game... if mine has more players than yours is a driving factor in why you play it than you likely need to examine life choices. Both will be fine in their own right. BFA will go on living and when the next expansion comes out it will be fine too. When vanilla comes out it will find its place too. If its 20 full servers or just 1 than it has its place. I don't understand why it really matters to people all that much?

They're 2 completely different games. I prefer the old game with the old game philosophies, game systems, classes, content, music, lore, community, economy, zones, ect., ect.

Deleted
    I wouldn't, i am waiting for BC servers which was a more polished version of vanilla.

Yeah I am really surprised so many people are interested in classic servers. It had horrible class balancing and there will be no quality of life changes. I will leave the good old Vanilla days in the past. It doesn't really interest me much. I loved BC, but still if they brought it back it would be hard to enjoy when you know of all the new features added to the game that won't be in that version.

Quote Originally Posted by Naytham View Post
    They're 2 completely different games.
    This says it best really.
    Retail is so far removed from vanilla design philosophy that it is *literally* a different game at this point.
    Why would I play classic but not also retail?
    Because retail is a game I do not like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    Catch up mechanics
    Catch up mechanics existed in vanilla, see certain pvp gear and zg/aq20

Quote Originally Posted by Saphano View Post
    LvL Boost, which is a byproduct of lvling normally being so bad
    You think levelling now is worse than levelling in vanilla? FUCKING LOL.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Catch up mechanics existed in vanilla, see certain pvp gear and zg/aq20

You think levelling now is worse than levelling in vanilla? FUCKING LOL.
    catch up was no where NEAR today

and yes llving is much worse. Im not talking about how long it takes im talking about the actual gameplay FUCKING LOL
    and in fact ye, it takes no time today too which is also bad

Quote Originally Posted by Zealos View Post
    Yeah I am really surprised so many people are interested in classic servers. It had horrible class balancing.
    There is a price to be paid for balance. I prefer Classic classes, where they are all truly unique. BFA is way more balanced, but it's also homogenized.

So, would it not actually make more sense to have Vanilla available as soon as possible? Those who want to play retail will sub, those who are on the fence and want Vanilla will sub and likely try the new game?
    First of all, the game is called Classic, not Vanilla. Get it right.
    Secondly, you have no idea what business model Blizzard will use for Classic. So shut up about that.
    Thirdly, the customer may want to only play Classic and not Retail which is a stupid thing to say because Classic is Retail. It's not some private server from a bunch of amateurs. It is from Blizzard. It is Retail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    It's not some private server from a bunch of amateurs. It is from Blizzard. It is Retail.
    You do know the private servers are still going to be the most accurate depiction of "Classic" WoW? Besides using the actual original game from 2006, the private servers start from the first WOW patch to the final 1.12. We already know that Blizzard is going to skip straight to 1.12. Also, a lot of the original addons probably won't work, and even replicating the moment when Blizzard accidentally released a crappy legendary necklace that was never meant to exist, but they let the players keep it anyway.

I don't expect Blizzard to go as far as a private server, but I'm still willing to give them a chance to see what they've done.
    Last edited by Guardian Bob; 2018-09-05 at 09:55 PM.