Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The more casual you are, the better score BfA gets. It seems like there's A TON of things to do if you have 2 hours a day to play.
    If you have 12 hours to play a day, then yeah it appears to be shallow and boring rather fast.

Deleted
    Honestly, couldn't care less for the reviews. It's so far my favorite expansion since TBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Lolno.

WoD was garbage start to finish.
    Nope. WoD launch was pretty solid, specially with the Highmaul raid. Things started to derail after that, with the selfie patch, unfinished storylines and scrapped content.

7 points too high. apart from the art/music its a fucking failed expansion. makes WoD look spectacular.

People still use IGN for anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    I didn't get that either. Breath of the Wild was an amazing game.
    Breath of the wild was a decent but vastly overhyped game that doesn't deserve a 10 on any conceivable metric, and that is only if you look at it as a stand alone title. As a LoZ game, it was extremely bad.

Deleted
    Surprised they didn't give it a 7.8. with all the islands there's alot of water in BFA

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    Breath of the wild was a decent but vastly overhyped game that doesn't deserve a 10 on any conceivable metric, and that is only if you look at it as a stand alone title. As a LoZ game, it was extremely bad.
    Try playing it for more than 5 minutes. The game was gorgeous for a Nintendo title. It didn't hold your hand and encouraged actual exploration. It had flaws but I could start a new game any time and still have fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattelot View Post
    Try playing it for more than 5 minutes. The game was gorgeous for a Nintendo title. It didn't hold your hand and encouraged actual exploration. It had flaws but I could start a new game any time and still have fun.
    I got all shrines and like 2-300 korok seeds, and then went back and did all shrines on hard mode again. Absolutely amazing game, maybe not perfect, but damn close to it

And here I thought the joke was just going to be that they gave 8.0 an 8.0/10.

OT That's actually a pretty brutal rating. IGN doesn't give AAA games anything below a 7, so on their effective 4 star system BfA is only a 2/4. Seems harsh, I'm having a pretty good time so far.

Deleted
    >IGN
    /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    the reviewer also didnt even know how to pronounce sargeras and is a clicker so....
    Which is likely Blizzard's target market. Casual clicker who never raids nor arenas nor mythic dungeons...their $40 expansion fee + monthly sub is the same $ as anyone else's.

These stupid gamesites will give any game from major companies good reviews, like they are paid to do so. A better gauge would be looking at user reviews from metacritic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Probably GW2.
    GW2 is 3/10 at best... And BfA is 4/10... while im generous.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    These stupid gamesites will give any game from major companies good reviews, like they are paid to do so. A better gauge would be looking at user reviews from metacritic.
    You mean the "user reviews" who do the same bitching that people do here?

No. Metacritic is just as much a cesspit as paid reviewers these days.

Review ratings these days are off by A LOT.

if you go from 1 to 10, most games shouldn't even be above 5.0...

8.0 is an incredibly good rating.

It is 3 points above average. Since when is that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post
    This is why I hate game reviews.

'It’s not an amazing expansion neither is it bad.' (meaning 5-6.5/10)

8/10!
    That's not how it works. I'm not sure if you're new to this world, but "ok" has never been a 5/10 when it comes to media reviews, games in particular. 5-6 is dogshit, basically only gets that much because "well people put time into making it". "ok" is 6-7.5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like bfa but i i don't follow any review regarding mmo
    Ppl who make reviews about mmo game like wow (since i saw myself many reviews before) are ppl who want to finish asap to get the next game to review, their job
    I prefer most die hard fan reviews here on this website and trust them than ign review, or any website for that matter that is dedicated to gaming, because due to (ironic) nature of mmo, if u want a real review about it, u want someone who is dedicated to that game, not someone who play every major mmo at least so he can review and compare between them
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by frogbound View Post
    Review ratings these days are off by A LOT.

if you go from 1 to 10, most games shouldn't even be above 5.0...

8.0 is an incredibly good rating.

It is 3 points above average. Since when is that bad?
    I guess not knowing how it works is more common than I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sperging over game reviews? What is this, 2007?
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!