Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Give it some weeks. Can't wait for the threads saying that Uldir is a joke and G'hunn was too easy and that the game is dying/dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    thats no how it will end though

it will end with people ignoring normal and either unsubbing or mindlessly farming warfront rares for lucky tf proc of gear.

regardless - imo G'huun is just ery badly designed encounter - and it has nothing to do with how people want raid to be easy or hard . this is just case of bad design .
    Bad design in what way? For honestly, in my book, if an end boss can be killed the first 2 weeks or so, that is bad design too. Maybe players missed something?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    It does seem quite overtuned considering it's NORMAL MODE which previously hasn't require much if any coordination. On the other hand, the fight has only been out for 1-2 days. Most people doing the fight probably have zero clue about mechanics, and as they try it a couple more/actually put time into seeing a youtube video of the fight, it'd be easier.

I was watching Asmongold's stream, and it did seem quite unforgiving considering it's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobislost View Post
    wasn't "Flex" the original friends and family difficulty for that odd tier where we had 5 difficultys?
    Normal is now what used to be called Flex. They changed the name when the flex mechanic was added to Heroic (which was called Normal; what was called Heroic was renamed Mythic.)
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    I'm just mad Hakkar doesn't sprout out of Ghuun's belly in mythic or something, revealing himself as the true evil we will have to face...

Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    Back in my day it took 74 days before the final boss of the first raid was defeated.

(Ready for the battering I'll receive from making this comment, inbox explosion imminent! )
    Wasn't that because there was so much less gear to go around rather than actual difficulty?

Deleted
    Looks fine so far. I've watched Wildcard Gaming do the fight and while it's a bit chaotic at first they did manage to structure it fairly quickly. Most guilds will kill it on their second raid night on Heroic, no doubt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Based on what? Asmongolds PuG raid managed to kill ghuun, despite people like Asmon doing like 7K dps (EG, what people did on Argus back in prepatch)
    Congratulations you display that you don't understand basic WoW mechanics.

Not even defending Asmongold but you realize he spends a considerable portion of this fight doing mechanics and not doing actual damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Flex was the current normal.

That tier had lfr - flex - normal - heroic.

They renamed them in warlords to: lfr - normal - heroic - mythic, and made heroic flexible (It wasn't in siege when flex was introduced).

At the time they did say flex was intended for friends and family to have a "drunk night of raiding" essentially. It became the current normal so that description still applies.
    "Flex" being the 'Beer League' of raiding was only true for the time it existed in SoO.

in WoD Normal was just as hard as Heroic was in SoO and Heroic was Mythic in SoO (in other words they were tuned as if the label changes never happened). Mythic in WoD was just plain its own level; you had to been an armchair raider to think BRF Mythic was comparable to SoO's "Mythic."

Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    "Flex" being the 'Beer League' of raiding was only true for the time it existed in SoO.

in WoD Normal was just as hard as Heroic was in SoO
    Yes, they tried to increase the difficulty of Normal in early WoD. As I noted above, this failed, and they turned the difficulty back down in HFC and after.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I actually agree with OP.

Normal-mode is in fact content designed for pugs (with no voice-chat) and so far all Raids since SOO flex have been fairly easy content. It does not make sense to make things suddenly a lot harder... especially since Blizzard didn't say that they're gonna change the raid System. I am fairly sure we're gonna see nerfs very soon.

Ofc no one is asking for normal to be braindead as LFR... but it also shouldn't be as hard as heroic where you do Need proper coordination and ideally a voice chat.
    I bet its not as hard as heroic, heroic will be harder. Just git gud

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I want to remind you that Normal mode is intended to be tuned for Friends and Family guilds, where you are expected to progress, but also expected to not have to bench your friends or family. They tried making LFR be for F&F guilds in MoP and it did not work. Tuning up Normal a tad at the start of WoD also failed.
    Yeh, so coordinate with your friends and family and it will go down

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpymuppet View Post
    I bet its not as hard as heroic, heroic will be harder. Just git gud

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh, so coordinate with your friends and family and it will go down
    The main problem with this raid right now is that there are too many tactics that rely on individuals, which is a clear step back from Antorus. Blizz even said that they wanted to continue the Antorus raid "design".

Again: Normal mode raids are specifically designed content for pugs and are meant to not have issues like this. Heroics are supposed to be the guild entry raiding and where pugs can get a real challenge(=testing your nerves and dealing with toxicity). But as it Looks, I dont think anyone wants to pug heroics atm.

Tbh there isn't even a Point in arguing about this, since some bosses are clearly gonna get nerfed.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-09-05 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Bad design in what way? For honestly, in my book, if an end boss can be killed the first 2 weeks or so, that is bad design too. Maybe players missed something?
    It's normal mode.

He's been killed already even in heroic.

The "a couple weeks to go by" criteria is for mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesethi View Post
    Give it some weeks. Can't wait for the threads saying that Uldir is a joke and G'hunn was too easy and that the game is dying/dead
    What do you mean with "cant wait"? Those threads are already up and they're always gonna be a Thing on MMOC... it does not matter whether something is easy, hard etc.

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

Not even defending Asmongold but you realize he spends a considerable portion of this fight doing mechanics and not doing actual damage?
    I find it hilarious that you say you're not defending him and saying I don't understand basic wow mechanics, when all I'm saying is that their DPS was pretty shit, and Asmon was one of the lowest DPS they had, and they *still* defeated the boss. Plenty of warriors are doing what he does in equal level gear, and do 25-30% more damage; He's a twitch persona, he doesn't have to stop dpsing to follow someone around and yell at them to do something. He can do it perfectly fine without losing a single digit's worth of DPS, but that's not nearly as entertaining. To think otherwise is dumb. My point was that the boss is forgiving enough that you can carry shit like that with you and still win. It's normal mode.

But naw, fuck it, a decade of raiding and half a decade of leading a top 100 guild, I probably don't know how WoW works. That must be it.

Of course people will complain the end boss of the only current raid is hard, and those people are idiots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I find it hilarious that you say you're not defending him and saying I don't understand basic wow mechanics, when all I'm saying is that their DPS was pretty shit, and Asmon was one of the lowest DPS they had, and they *still* defeated the boss. Plenty of warriors are doing what he does in equal level gear, and do 25-30% more damage; He's a twitch persona, he doesn't have to stop dpsing to follow someone around and yell at them to do something. He can do it perfectly fine without losing a single digit's worth of DPS, but that's not nearly as entertaining. To think otherwise is dumb. My point was that the boss is forgiving enough that you can carry shit like that with you and still win. It's normal mode.

But naw, fuck it, a decade of raiding and half a decade of leading a top 100 guild, I probably don't know how WoW works. That must be it.
    Haven't seen his stream and I dislike the man, but if he's doing the upper platforms, he has barely anything to hit there Not that it takes more than a few secs tbh

Quote Originally Posted by quizzlemanizzle View Post

But dps > mechanics. Duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    An Old God fight is challenging? What a surprise. C'thun obliterated you if you didn't coordinate entering the room properly back in the day.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unforgivenn View Post
    so wait, u was expecting to end the raid on day 1?
    Is that some german neo synth wave band?