Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Horde has the body of Derek Proudmoore can turn him Forsaken at anytime. I would say that's a HUGE thing against KT and the Alliance,

Deleted
    Hold on... This sounds similar to that expansion story leak from a few weeks ago.

Oh god, if the rest is true aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by dont care bear View Post
    just done the alliance war campaign finish, after having done the hord one on beta. what i noticed.

hord takes zappy sea rod and burns 3 ships + kill's some corrupt captains.

alliance mines 2 flagships and at least 4 main ships of the zanda fleet (though keeshan eludes to his mined the lot) we take out some spies and emissary then finish of by capturing a captain and sinking another flagship.

any one know if the hord discover most of there fleet is booby traped or will the plan go a head when the alliance invade zanda with a full fleet and blow the zanda fleet up as they go to meet it ? if so ...lul hord i guess.
    Here's a secret for you, the campaign isn't over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    Zandalari and Kul'Tiras fleets are both destined to be sinked or both will result in being most powerful races inside respective factions.
    The most logical post here tbh, I got a feeling between Azshara and N'zoth there won't be much left of either fleet by the end of the expansion.

But the zappy sea rod is pritty meh.
    How is it "pritty meh". My mongo warrior managed to destroy 3 ships with it just by raising it above his head, thinking its an artifact weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    Horde has the body of Derek Proudmoore can turn him Forsaken at anytime. I would say that's a HUGE thing against KT and the Alliance,
    How, if he doesnt turn immediatly on those disgusting green pigs that killed him then he can only be used as a commander-at-sea and to troll Jaina at best.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    How is it "pritty meh". My mongo warrior managed to destroy 3 ships with it just by raising it above his head, thinking its an artifact weapon.

How, if he doesnt turn immediatly on those disgusting green pigs that killed him then he can only be used as a commander-at-sea and to troll Jaina at best.
    Janina floated a ship into lorderon and blew the wall up after freezing the blight. and im pretty sure i saw her doing it whilst mining the wanker symbol at Sylvan's, the xenedar is a crazy space ship of doom and there's literally titan blood giving god powers to whoever chows down enough of it.

i just dont get why A. the zappy mongo rod was even on the list of items worth a shit in this brave new world, B. how the hord expects it to evean match any of the other stuff floating about atm and finaly C. don't they have enough shammans to do basically what the rod does anyway?!

i dunno i think nathano's brain has started rotting.

Deleted
    Janina floated a ship into lorderon and blew the wall up after freezing the blight. and im pretty sure i saw her doing it whilst mining the wanker symbol at Sylvan's, the xenedar is a crazy space ship of doom and there's literally titan blood giving god powers to whoever chows down enough of it.

i just dont get why A. the zappy mongo rod was even on the list of items worth a shit in this brave new world, B. how the hord expects it to evean match any of the other stuff floating about atm and finaly C. don't they have enough shammans to do basically what the rod does anyway?!

i dunno i think nathano's brain has started rotting.
    That sounds like wishful thinking considering there’s no indication whatsoever that the Xenedar or Deus Ex Jaina’s ship is even gonna appear. Let’s remember that the Abyssal Sceptre can destroy any Kul Tiran ship at will, and guess what Jaina’s ship is? That’s right, Kul Tiran too - so, even if she did somehow show up again, I don’t think the Horde will have much of a problem dispatching it with ease this time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by H1gh Contra5t View Post
    That sounds like wishful thinking considering there’s no indication whatsoever that the Xenedar or Deus Ex Jaina’s ship is even gonna appear. Let’s remember that the Abyssal Sceptre can destroy any Kul Tiran ship at will, and guess what Jaina’s ship is? That’s right, Kul Tiran too - so, even if she did somehow show up again, I don’t think the Horde will have much of a problem dispatching it with ease this time
    its docent seem to be a purly anti ship woke stick, it has some power over the sea and only the sea so i think the air is safe. got a felling queen kalimari is gonna take it in the end she tends to like sea based controlling things.

+ im a guy who sees magic as naturally flaky for every powerful spell theres some other powerful spell that can either trump it or nutralise it or some deus ex mage or shaman waiting to throw more deus ex into the mix, bombs on the other hand there pritty trust worthy to do what they say on the tin.

He's more useful to them as a corpse, raising Derek risks him turning against Horde, and if Proudmoore family actually accepted Forsaken Derek back and make a public display of affection out of it, it's a huge blow to Sylvanas, who ruled her people using the "The living won't accept you anymore" stick.

Sure, if Proudmoore turns away Forsaken Derek, it will further solidify Forsaken's loyalty to Sylvanas, but she already kept a tight grip on them and Forsaken in general are already fiercely loyal to her, so why risk it?

So ya, I think Derek is more useful to the Horde as a corpse and bargain chip instead of an actual Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    He's more useful to them as a corpse, raising Derek risks him turning against Horde, and if Proudmoore family actually accepted Forsaken Derek back and make a public display of affection out of it, it's a huge blow to Sylvanas, who ruled her people using the "The living won't accept you anymore" stick.

Sure, if Proudmoore turns away Forsaken Derek, it will further solidify Forsaken's loyalty to Sylvanas, but she already kept a tight grip on them and Forsaken in general are already fiercely loyal to her, so why risk it?

So ya, I think Derek is more useful to the Horde as a corpse and bargain chip instead of an actual Forsaken.
    Fuck, I think you might be on to something here in terms of where the story will go.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Hold on... This sounds similar to that expansion story leak from a few weeks ago.

Oh god, if the rest is true aswell.
    Which leak? Oh wait, a few weeks ago? Probably bullshit then. We’ve known about this for months.

INB4 Azshara appearing in the middle of the battle, sinking both fleets at the same time

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    INB4 Azshara appearing in the middle of the battle, sinking both fleets at the same time
    Not to go too Off Topic, but I actually posted a thread about this a few weeks back based on current and past evidence, you might find this interesting

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lan-(SPOILERS)

Not bothered that it's imbalanced. I'm alliance this expac just wondering do I miss part of the story or is it a set up for something to come. Aundin is pritty forthright he want to invade zandalar and take them out.
    You didn't miss any parts, your summary is more or less correct but a lot of things are left out of the story or not explained in terms of the power levels. For example, it is clear that KT has a much bigger fleet/more ships now but what does it mean in terms of power levels? We see that at the end of the horde campaign, they get an arfitact that can 1 shot KT ships without a sweat.

During the whole zandalar questline, horde unites the continent of zandalar by:

- pushing back the blood trolls in nazmir all the way down to titan facility (considering with the opening of the raid, they also killed ghuun I guess and blood troll threat is gone all together?)
    - Defeating the bad sethrak in voldun and allying with good sethrak and furries (who are more vicious then they look to be honest)
    - Stopped the zul rebellion and restored order to the throne.
    + Allied themselves with a metric ton of Loas throughout questing by restoring some back to power - akunda/kimbul/shark loa or gaining some new as allies bwonsamdi and they have motherfucking gonk.
    + there is a whole another thing going on with voljin

On the other side, alliance enter witch infested zones and put an end to their leader + push back the cthulu's cult but there isn't a major gain at the end of those storylines like how zandalar gained more allies and support of powerful loas.

We need to consider the story as a whole and its affect on the balance of powers. How powerful are the fleets? Considering we have tanks, bombs, mines, and cannons and zepplins and blimps.. what does it even mean to have a strong fleet? How powerful are actually the Loas? what is the op as fuck power level of Jaina come into play here? how powerful is that scepter horde stole and why the KT didn't use it before?

There is a ton left out to interpretation and its a complete random chance that your interpretation is right because at 8.1 blizz might just say - oh that powerful thing you made your assumptions on, yea we are not gonna use it now because it doesn't fit this part of the story.

Deleted
    ... And yet, somehow, deep inside of you, in spite of everything said and done, to the detriment of any logic whatsoever, you know that in the end of it all, the equation will end up like this...

Horde power level - Alliance power level = 0

this stuff just upset me. seriously he died in second war against the horde who manage to destroy his nation WHY can and HOW could he serve the horde even if it's not the same Horde. this is pure BS.

rise an human who as griefs against the alliance for random reason ok. but this.. and Valentine captain... this in ridiculus. people becoming instant loyal to forsaken sound stupid. thank god we have the Godfrey event to counter balance this. but turn people undead must be more dangerous for the forsaken.
    Last edited by Niaraa; 2018-09-05 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    this stuff just upset me. seriously he died in second war against the horde who manage to destroy his nation WHY can and HOW could he serve the horde even if it's not the same Horde. this is pure BS.

rise an human who as griefs against the alliance for random reason ok. but this.. and Valentine captain... this in ridiculus. people becoming instant loyal to forsaken sound stupid. thank god we have the Godfrey event to counter balance this. but turn people undead must be more dangerous for the forsaken.
    The feelings you're expressing will be the same as the Alliance and mostly Jaina/Katherine who basically hold the reigns to Kul Tiras.
    This is what Blizzard want, people involved and a story that can pander to both sides of the war.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    The feelings you're expressing will be the same as the Alliance and mostly Jaina/Katherine who basically hold the reigns to Kul Tiras.
    This is what Blizzard want, people involved and a story that can pander to both sides of the war.
    i don't like saying this but it's bad narrative. turning one horde foe as an ally just like that againt his mother brother, sister and people just like that is BS. the only point blizz have here is ": shut up it's magic"

Quote Originally Posted by Niaraa View Post
    i don't like saying this but it's bad narrative. turning one horde foe as an ally just like that againt his mother brother, sister and people just like that is BS. the only point blizz have here is ": shut up it's magic"
    The fact you're upset and commenting on it, is technically the reverse. You're emotionally invested into the crux of the story, aka Derek being rebirthed as Undead. That's the point of the narrative.
    I don't like it either nor Sylvanas burning the World Tree but I came to live with it being not just a story ploy but also other things like moving Night Elves from a really badly built tree stump, in a very remote part of the world that made it very dislocated.

Both were clever really if you remove the emotional investment and view it as stone cold logical.

The Horde have some scope to stay the Alliance - this is a war narrative. And the previous wars in this lore wasn't pretty or free of inexcusable advantages. And who said that Derek would necessarily be for the Horde off the bat? You quoted yourself that Godfrey is a prime example where freshly risen don't adhere to the Sylvanas charm.

And if anything him being Forsaken and being held against his will, captive by the Horde is twisting the knife even more for the Alliance and such.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2018-09-05 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    The fact you're upset and commenting on it, is technically the reverse. You're emotionally invested into the crux of the story, aka Derek being rebirthed as Undead. That's the point of the narrative.
    I don't like it either nor Sylvanas burning the World Tree but I came to live with it being not just a story ploy but also other things like moving Night Elves from a really badly built tree stump, in a very remote part of the world that made it very dislocated.

Both were clever really if you remove the emotional investment and view it as stone cold logical.

The Horde have some scope to stay the Alliance - this is a war narrative. And the previous wars in this lore wasn't pretty or free of inexcusable advantages. And who said that Derek would necessarily be for the Horde off the bat? You quoted yourself that Godfrey is a prime example where freshly risen don't adhere to the Sylvanas charm.

And if anything him being Forsaken and being held against his will, captive by the Horde is twisting the knife even more for the Alliance and such.

no, i don't care about derek or bliz point trying give me some feel or anger against horde. that's not i am talking about. i had the same same sentiment at andhoral questing when horde kill peasans rez then and they instantly loyal.

look, imagine an alliance race lightforge for exemple killing horde heroes and rez them as lightbound making them instantlynloyal to the alliance. i will be upset the same way.