Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    It's really funny that 25 pages in, people are treating this as if its about Kaepernick.

Kaepernick is old news. Who gives a fuck.

This is about the Trumpkin creatures' response to a type of stimulus. Kaepernick is hot swappable with whatever else.

In essense Nike is egaging in a grand and meaningful experiment. "What if we took someone a small and radical segment of society hated, and made him the face of the 30th Anniversary of one of the most iconic business brands of all time? Would there response in 2018 be consistent with responses to other stimuli over the past 2 years?"

And light rats in a maze, the MAGATs got scurrying about, all ending up where exactly the scientific thesis had predicted.

Burning $120 Nikes.
    Cutting swooshes off socks.
    A Presidential temper tantrum.

I don't give a shit if Kaepernick ever plays a game again. I do give very much a shit that the counterfeit "patriotism" the MAGATs adhere to is utterly exposed for the sham that it is.

SO really, this campaign, the news about it, this thread, aren't even about Kaepernick. It's about the MAGATs. And like the suckers they are... not just in this thread but across America... they did _exactly_ the emotive crap that everyone who isn't completely fucking nuts expected them to do.

So as I said upthread, every American zoo should have a pair. Because when you're burning piles of new $120 nikes and putting it on youtube... when you're ditching stock of a well performing iconic brand that's more than doubled its share price in 4 years, you're not an analytical person anymore. You're basically a common Zebra living on the Serengeti that purely responds to stimuli.
    You can swap Trumpkins or whatever idiot level name calling you are going to stoop to this week and replace it with Libtards or *insert childish name calling here* that lose their shit over a Burger franchise donating to the RNC and scream their entitled heads off for a boycott.... Both sides are equally bad, quit fanboiing in your pants over some pipedream of what you think your party is... its not...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    Getting a job and working your ass off to get out of the ghettos is nothing like blaming other people in other countries for their economic strife.
    It's exactly that, since living in the ghetto is designed to ensure you live in intergenerational poverty. This is the entire premise of conservative looking at the symptoms of ghetto life, instead of seeing that the environment that was created by conservatives to ensure they wouldn't be able to participate in their society.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nike put an unemployed race baiter as the face of their product instead of inspiring professional athletes like they used to.
    Oh is that all thank god. For a moment I thought it was important.

Quote Originally Posted by Daelak View Post
    They are fatherless children because their fathers are incarcerated. The conditions that were deliberately created in ghettos by white segregationists (conservatives), will make any human being risk a life of crime to survive. None of this is an organic creation of society, or 'innate' just in black people, it's conditions that were deliberately created to create a dysfunctional and desperate existence by people who didn't want them in "their" society.
    Is that the only reason they are fatherless? Really? REALLY?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    You can swap Trumpkins or whatever idiot level name calling you are going to stoop to this week and replace it with Libtards or *insert childish name calling here* that lose their shit over a Burger franchise donating to the RNC and scream their entitled heads off for a boycott.... Both sides are equally bad, quit fanboiing in your pants over some pipedream of what you think your party is... its not...
    No. No I can't swap that. Because those other parties don't really do shit like this. Not at this magnitude. Not cheer-led by the President of the United States.

This is about the menace of the aggrieved reactionary.

And for the record, I'm conservative. I'm of the right. The people who do this shit? They reactionary. They think they're of the right because liberals do things that piss them off, but really, they're so fucking stupid and uneducated they think that because they stand in opposition to liberals/left, that makes them conservatives/right.

No it doesn't. It makes them reactionaries, because true conservatism stands for things these scowling primitives would find utterly alien.

There is no even-stevens here. The right has a real problem in that it's been colonized by uneducated, uncouth vulgarians that need to be expelled back to the lunatic fringe from whence they came.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Is that the only reason they are fatherless? Really? REALLY?
    Incarceration and recidivism contribute to long-term joblessness, depression, drug abuse, and criminality. Coupled with the discrimination they receive from seeing/hearing their name, and the already dearth of jobs in the ghetto, you have a perfect recipe for this.

Incarceration and recidivism contribute to long-term joblessness, depression, drug abuse, and criminality. Coupled with the discrimination they receive from seeing/hearing their name, and the already dearth of jobs in the ghetto, you have a perfect recipe for this.
    You didnt answer my question. Is that the only reason they are fatherless? Really? REALLY?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    You do know poor people can get sent to jail for not being able to pay things as small as parking tickets right? there are a lot of law breaking you do on a regular basis which just require you just pay a fine. That's not even going into being wrongly accused of something being arrested doesn't automatically mean you broke the law (innocent until proven guilty).

And I already explained in my post about how police heavily target black people when it comes stop and frisk and other such policies.
    So again, it's a case of don't break the laws and you won't get into trouble... If you don't have money to pay for parking tickets don't park illegally. If you don't wanna get arrested in a stop and frisk situation, don't carry illegal substances/items and cooperate...

Funny how it can all be avoided by not committing crimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    You didnt answer my question. Is that the only reason they are fatherless? Really? REALLY?
    It isn't the only reason, and I stated those in my last post. All of those adverse consequences create the a recipe ripe for not just being a bad father, but not being able to subsist in modern society; all deliberately created by white segregationists (conservatives).

It isn't the only reason, and I stated those in my last post. All of those adverse consequences create the a recipe ripe for not just being a bad father, but not being able to subsist in modern society; all deliberately created by white segregationists (conservatives).
    No, not all fatherless children are the result of a fucking man being incarcerated. Some dont want the responsibility of the child they helped create so they run out on the mother. Some have children with multiple women and cant be a proper father to one or more of the children. Some end up in jail, prison. Some end up killed on the streets and yet others are killed in police altercations.

SO. If you want to spew some crap, at least walk the streets In NY where I grew up before you add your 2 cents about fucking racists southern white people. The problems of NY black society could be argued to have started by racist southern white men, but the problems today are perpetuated by only blacks today.

No Southern racist white man made my father run out on my mother because he didnt want to be a father.
    Last edited by petej0; 2018-09-05 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    So again, it's a case of don't break the laws and you won't get into trouble... If you don't have money to pay for parking tickets don't park illegally. If you don't wanna get arrested in a stop and frisk situation, don't carry illegal substances/items and cooperate...

How do you control being wrongfully accused of a crime? Getting a ticket wrongfully (cops make mistakes)? How do you control the police planting evidence? or your car getting into an accident resulting in a fine due to several reasons? there are so many examples I suggest you pull your head out of the sand.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2018-09-05 at 03:50 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post

Like this kid?

http://www.kcur.org/post/kansas-city...eeks-sues-kcpd

15+ Year Old Account
    No, not all fatherless children are the result of a fucking man being incarcerated. Some dont want the responsibility of the child they helped create so they run out on the mother. Some have children with multiple women and cant be a proper father to one or more of the children. Some end up in jail, prison. Some end up killed on the streets and yet others are killed in police altercations.

SO. If you want to spew some crap, at least walk the streets In NY where I grew up before you add your 2 cents about fucking racists southern white people. The problems of NY black society could be argued to have started by racist southern white men, but the problems today are perpetuated by only blacks today.

No Southern racist white man made my father run out on my mother because he didnt want to be a father.
    They don't want the responsibility of a child because their father themselves was incarcerated, abused drugs, or lived a life of crime. No matter which one you "blame" for fatherless black children, all of them point back to the environment which was created by white segregationists, no matter where you are in the country, to have this exact effect.

I would argue that the problems of all inner city communities around the US, are still being caused by the continued isolation and perpetuation of the conditions that were created by white segregationists. All the metrics show little to no progress in familial wealth, educational attainment, and incarceration. This is why MLK was advocating for a reparation-style program to close the gap created by white segregationists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Some emotional triggered idiots sell off their Nike stock because they don't like the message and some smart bros buy up cheaper stocks and laugh all the way to the bank.

Trumpkins successfully triggered out of their money.
    really, if you think the market is about your political views and the other side being wrong, you might have serious obsession issues with looking at every aspect of life through current political frames.

The market is almost entirely machine volume now. NKE was technically set-up for a selloff, short-term. maybe the choice gave it that little push. maybe it would have retraced anyway.

trying to associate algos trying to screw each other with the political folks you don't like being stupid says much more about you than anything else.
    Last edited by Deficineiron; 2018-09-05 at 04:23 PM.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

Using kids in third world sweatshops: i sleep

Using Kaepernick in a few ads: REAL SHIT????

The whole boycott is so stupid.

LOL at the people triggered by some guy fighting for racial justice. Pls send me your unwanted Nike stock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    LOL at the people triggered by some guy fighting for racial justice. Pls send me your unwanted Nike stock.
    Racial justice rofl okay. This guy hasn't lost shit. He just made a several million dollar deal.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly not know the context of that cliche?
    It's literally how people of low socioeconomic status take steps to improve their lives. Remove the cost of car ownership and work in areas away from the ghetto that generally pay better. I rode the bus for three years till I could afford to move to a better area and still rode the bus for another three years as a cost saving measure after I did move. Heck, here in SoCal we have a train system that can take you from the Compton/Watts area to nearly crime free, tech-centric, well-paying city of Irvine in about 40 minutes.

Let's summarize his posts shall we, black people just need to stop choosing thug life and crime and be fathers because getting out of the ghetto is just a bus ticket away. You can choose to be blind but I posted throughout analysis of the situation and the issues and got responses from a 90's TV show. If you believe what he says is 100% true that says a lot about you now doesn't it.
    You're making excuses for a problem. I'm offering solutions for it.

You're making excuses for a problem. I'm offering solutions for it.
    I offered facts about a complex situation you have given me stereotypical one liners from someone who has no clue what is going on. I mean geez all you have to do is buy a bus ticket and you are out a bad economic situation

They don't want the responsibility of a child because their father themselves was incarcerated, abused drugs, or lived a life of crime.
    So you are saying black men dont have the capability to want a better life for their children? To want to end the vicious circle of poverty? That they cant look at a women without seeing a sex object to stick their penis into? That they shouldnt be responsible for the women they impregnate and the children they create? Or even better yet, living a life crime or drug free isnt something they want for themself?

I would argue that the problems of all inner city communities around the US, are still being caused by the continued isolation and perpetuation of the conditions that were created by white segregationists. All the metrics show little to no progress in familial wealth, educational attainment, and incarceration. This is why MLK was advocating for a reparation-style program to close the gap created by white segregationists.
    Educational attainment isnt something looked up to in the inner city. The terms Uncle Tom, House Negro, Oreo still exist to put down blacks who want to better themselves. These are not issues that current blacks deal with from racist southern white males. "Snitches get stiches", is that because racist southern white males come around beating blacks who snitch on other blacks? Are drive done by racist southern white males?