Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10 seconds of cloak? Sounds totally not broken.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Didn't try Sub yet.

Outlaw feels weak in PvP, while Assa is... average. Could be better though, I miss preparation.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Rogue is completely broken and needs more than just damage nerfs to fix it.

Simplest fix? Cloak and Evasion have the same duration but share a 30 sec cd.
    Rogue is not broken. Your skills are broken.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Rogue is not broken. Your skills are broken.
    Actually rogue is textbook broken with 100k shuriken toss crits. Blizzard really didn't factor in PvP when they designed Azerite traits

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Actually rogue is textbook broken with 100k shuriken toss crits. Blizzard really didn't factor in PvP when they designed Azerite traits
    100k shuriken toss is not broken. It’s skills.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    Rogue is completely broken and needs more than just damage nerfs to fix it.

Simplest fix? Cloak and Evasion have the same duration but share a 30 sec cd.
    Lol yes please

Quote Originally Posted by Xvolte View Post
    5 year mmo-champ member while pretty much only posting in the rogue section? okay dude..
    Maybe you're a really really dedicated Spriest with the gift of seeing the future!
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Its disgusting. Watched pikaboo stream arena and was shuriken toss criting people for 80k and flat out killing them in a second. Definitely see this getting heavily nerfed.

Has the on use pvp trinket always pulled you out of stealth? I don't really remember that happening before.

Deleted
    Blizzard will probably just nerf the rogues damage but even if they do that, they will still be top tier. Currently all rogue dps speccs are top in pve content in uldir aswell which just is wierd. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._warcraftlogs/

The most likely thing that will happen is the nerf of the azerite traits. And maybe even some damage tunings beyond that.

Rogues was never suposed to have alot of damage, they simply had a huge kit of ccing their oponents to death (Dirty fighting). So even if they would nerf azarite traits and maybe 15% overall damage on rogues they would still be parts of the best arena comps. Blizzard has never in the history of this game made rogues "bad" or "useless", same with frost mages. they are just blizzards favorite classes!

So be calm rogues a nerf is probably coming but it wont put a dent in the current pvp dominace situation.

yes rogues are criminal negligent level of overpowered, prob even worse then a pve decked cata rogue.

I was very lucky playing a rogue in tbc with warglaives and a sunvell guild. 4pice tier 6 and 4 piece pvpset + glaives was omg was broken as fuck

Rogue is absolutely insane right now. I can not remember a time (other than maybe red buff killing spree) where I felt this overpowering. Maybe it's b/c of gear disparity b/w myself and casual players (I'm 343 at the moment), but holy shit... I'm tearing through just about anything that isn't a disc priest.

How do you guys feel about this? I know it's kind of taboo to call your own class overpowered, so I definitely expect a lot of opposing arguments to this.
    This is nothing. Most OP time was def mid/late legion. One shotting everyone and selfhealing super hard.

Rogues are not terrible atm, but this is a far cry from a golden age like WoD, which was pretty recent and shouldn't be hard to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatsack View Post
    Blizzard will probably just nerf the rogues damage but even if they do that, they will still be top tier. Currently all rogue dps speccs are top in pve content in uldir aswell which just is wierd. https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._warcraftlogs/

The most likely thing that will happen is the nerf of the azerite traits. And maybe even some damage tunings beyond that.

Rogues was never suposed to have alot of damage, they simply had a huge kit of ccing their oponents to death (Dirty fighting). So even if they would nerf azarite traits and maybe 15% overall damage on rogues they would still be parts of the best arena comps. Blizzard has never in the history of this game made rogues "bad" or "useless", same with frost mages. they are just blizzards favorite classes!

So be calm rogues a nerf is probably coming but it wont put a dent in the current pvp dominace situation.

Assassin is underrated and will scale the best of the three specs, look how broken it was in 8.0.1 prepatch, yes there have been nerfs but I think that if there are no further nerfs, it will be top tier next raid onwards

10+ Year Old Account
    threads like these are the main reason why blizzard (or any other company) won't ever be able to balance a game.

guy 1: i have a wonderful sub time. great damage, some weaknesses, overall fun.
    guy 2: fuck blizzard rogues are broken (not enough damage).
    guy 3: fuck blizzard rogues are broken (too much damage).

and this is done completely ignoring the facts that guy 1 plays really good and has great knowledge, while guy 2 is bad with rogues and probably doesn't main them and guy 3 is on the other side of the daggers. yet, all those voices want to be heard.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

I've switched over from rogue to a WW Monk and I can deal with them just fine. I'm having a much harder time against ferals and Disc priests.

But yeah rogues are Overall insane right now. I've seen clothies with decent gear being stunlocked and killed by rogues, so yeah a bit op (haven't seen that in a Long time personally).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sylenna View Post
    threads like these are the main reason why blizzard (or any other company) won't ever be able to balance a game.

guy 1: i have a wonderful sub time. great damage, some weaknesses, overall fun.
    guy 2: fuck blizzard rogues are broken (not enough damage).
    guy 3: fuck blizzard rogues are broken (too much damage).

and this is done completely ignoring the facts that guy 1 plays really good and has great knowledge, while guy 2 is bad with rogues and probably doesn't main them and guy 3 is on the other side of the daggers. yet, all those voices want to be heard.
    MMOC in a nutshell

Rogue is absolutely insane right now. I can not remember a time (other than maybe red buff killing spree) where I felt this overpowering. Maybe it's b/c of gear disparity b/w myself and casual players (I'm 343 at the moment), but holy shit... I'm tearing through just about anything that isn't a disc priest.

How do you guys feel about this? I know it's kind of taboo to call your own class overpowered, so I definitely expect a lot of opposing arguments to this.
    What spec? Outlaw I've got great mobility still but laughably nonexistent burst dps. Good for escaping bad situations in wPVP for sure, but I can't kill people for crap.

I'm not sure what you mean by "everything that isn't a disc priest" I've never known a time that rogue attacks do more than tickle plate wearers, especially paladins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    And the nerfs came.
    as if he begged for it. as if.. he really played that long game.

OP right now:

From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.