Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    How come afking during a world quest while other players do the world quest for you is healthy for the game?
    That’s not fair. That only happens when you use that addon World Quest Party, which Blizzard specifically tried to break, but they found a work around.

I keep saying that the players themselves are some of the worst things to happen to WoW.

How come afking during a world quest while other players do the world quest for you is healthy for the game?
    At worst you get 4 people AFKing while you finish a WQ.
    At best you get 4 people helping you with said WQ and finish it much faster.

Also, as a party leader you can always just kick AFKers..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Well this is another reason to not try the xpac now. Besides the constant complains of the players of course. Its so early in the xpac and complains are everywhere.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Finishing Azerite quest alone - 3 minutes. Finishing it with 4 people - 2 minutes 30 seconds. Oh wow, what a difference. You can eat another bigmac in those 30 seconds.
    73.6% of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

No, I'm just actually playing the game and I know how much does it take to finish a quest.
    It helps more in some WQs than others. Namely when the 5% items are shared groupwide, and you have 4 people loot different items you get 20% and not have to loot all of them. Killing mobs in the same area but different groups also speeds it up. Azerite is not sped up since you have to use the neck personally. Seems like half of the world quests don't share progress now. Compare that to the squirrel and nuts quest in Val'Sharah in Legion where it would go 2-5x quicker with a full group. Not all WQs are created equally.

Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post
    They removed early flying on wod if I recall correctly which was the first major failure expansion, despite that flying wasn't so neccesary on wod because you didn't interact much with the world, there was no content to do and the geography of the areas was better too. I dare to say that legion would have been one of the best expansions if they introduced early flying again and bfa would have been much better too. Legion's geography was one of the worst, I'm doing some quests now and I can't believe how shitty it was, the collusion is breaking my nerves, you hit a wall or a cliff all the time and you don't know where to go, it's not really fun gameplay...It would have been much cooler if you could use your own spaceship on argus to navigate around. Bfa's geography is much better than legion's one, the areas are flatter especially the horde ones but still flying would have made world questing and pvp more attractive, right now it's shit.

Flying has an amazing synergy with world quests and world pvp and make exploring more fun, it's beyond me why would they remove it especially when they aren't capable to create decent areas who are easy and enjoyable to navigate. Vanilla areas were FAR better, they were huge and you rarely hit a wall or didn't know what road leads where you want to go.
    It's this thread again...

*breathes in slowly*

THIS HAPPENS... EVERY EXPANSION... INCLUDING VANILLA...

Thank you.

Huh? Flying wasn't introduced until the first expansion, and they didn't screw with it until WoD.

Anyway, these threads keep popping up because people feel really strongly about it. If you don't, feel free to not post in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Koffeekush View Post
    Flying was a mistake.

The world looks shitty from up above, it ruins world pvp, and encourages a culture of lazy fucking players.

How can droves of gamers be totally okay with riding across the map of Skyrim and Witchers countless times, but then act all lazy and hard done by when it comes to WoW.

Blizzard now makes terrain a mechanic in the game, and thank fucking god. People who demand flying hold this game back.
    reminder - instant map travel exists in witcher and skyrim. you are not stuck in afk mode on taxies for 20 minutes when traveling from one part of the world to another like in WoW. moreover, Witcher and skyrim doesn't have the shitty "oh look a knee high 45 degree hill that you have to spend 5 minutes going around becasue for some reason your character cannot go over it" style of terrain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rosso View Post
    No they not.

Even WoW have fast travels but people still complains.
    and no, WoW doesn't have the kind of fast travel that Skyrim and witcher do. have you even actualy PLAYED those games?

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    At worst you get 4 people AFKing while you finish a WQ.
    At best you get 4 people helping you with said WQ and finish it much faster.

Also, as a party leader you can always just kick AFKers..
    I see people all the time when I'm doing world quests. I'm ranged so I pull a bunch of stuff and melee help kill it when it's all together. The vast majority of world quests I do end up being heavily assisted by other people without the help of an addon.

People literally want to press a button and get the WQ reward.

That stuff has nothing to do with flying, obviously, as it is happening now.

They removed flying for the same reason that they have kill quests that have a cave on the marker, thats empty and the mob is actually on top of a hill with some obscure path up to. To waste your fucking time.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aizen244 View Post

Flying has an amazing synergy with world quests and world pvp and make exploring more fun, it's beyond me why would they remove it especially when they aren't capable to create decent areas who are easy and enjoyable to navigate. Vanilla areas were FAR better, they were huge and you rarely hit a wall or didn't know what road leads where you want to go.
    Look at that, you just don't know fuck all about what you're on about.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    and no, WoW doesn't have the kind of fast travel that Skyrim and witcher do. have you even actualy PLAYED those games?
    Well clearly, those games have ZERO immersion. /s
    Oh Rift also has instant travel.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    Every xpac the same gosh damn discussion. Stop being so effing lazy... Pathfinder will be out soon enough.
    not soon enough for sure

atm i dont feel like sitting in any of bfa zone

you know which zone i wish there were daily quests in ?

arathi - because we can fly there - and it doesnt matter its 14 years old - its milion times more fun then any bfa zone - because i can fly in there

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not soon enough for sure

atm i dont feel like sitting in any of bfa zone

you know which zone i wish there were daily quests in ?

arathi - because we can fly there - and it doesnt matter its 14 years old - its milion times more fun then any bfa zone - because i can fly in there
    Saddly, there is notign to do there daily....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koffeekush View Post
    Players complaining about player to player engagement...
    What player engagement? All I see is dudes running past me in order to grab [X] while being happy that THEY don't have to fight the trashmob guarding [X] because I already pulled it.
    Seems to me that 95% do not enjoy open world combat and try to avoid it as much as they can, killing only what is absolutely necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Well clearly, those games have ZERO immersion. /s
    Oh Rift also has instant travel.
    and GW2. and ESO, and secret world, just off the top of my head.

I love the irony of anti flight people claiming how flight puts people on autopilot.. while singing of the virtues of ACTUAL autopilot system of taxies in WoW. when I use flying mount, I steer 100% of the time. when I'm on a taxi, I either walk away or tab out. which of the 2 is more immersive? me tabbing out? or me steering the mount I'm on while paying attention to my environment, becasue I may want to come to the ground at any given moment I notice something particularly interesting?
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2018-09-06 at 04:50 PM.

I think I refuse to level another character without at least a couple stacks of gliders, lol. They are such a time saver.

I actually really enjoy being grounded, bumping into people / enemy faction, more opportunities to interact with the actual players in an mmo as opposed to a single-player Fantasy FedEx Simulator 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    a far as I remember, no you did not. that was the whole point. the quest chain was long and required heroic dungeons among other things, but... the whole point is that you could skip the purchase. it was a sort of proto pathfinder if you will.
    Nope. The warlock and pally epic ground mount quests gave you the riding skill for free, but you had to buy mats and grind quest items to the extent it wasn't much of a saving (though 'locks could use some of their items to help other warlocks which would save them a fair chunk of change.)

Druid's normal flight form was pretty cheap and included the normal flying skill so it saved nearly 1k gold and they got it at level 57 or 58. The epic flight form quest wouldn't unlock until you had bought the epic riding skill.

P.S. I DGAF about world pvp and warmode. before it I played on pve server, and now I'm playing with warmode turned off. if you want world pvp, how about requesting that it disables flight then? that way you have your on the ground pvp and the rest of us can enjoy ourselves our way.
    I'm not interested in PvP either, I would find it interesting to see how it panned out if Blizz treated flying like PvP and let people turn on flying mode for a tax on the rewards they receive from quests.