Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    One way i can think of that people can fix themselfs is to use abandoned buildings as garden (illegally) and work on them as community.
    Roofs are a great place if they are flat.
    So one of your recommendation is to get poor people to illegally use abandoned buildings as gardens, and invest time / money on something that could be stolen or confiscated? All to produce a few dollars worth of vegetables and chickens...

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    it is always, and without exception, the fault of someone else that people can not afford food and shelter.
    Who's fault is it that I can't afford food and shelter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Total Crica View Post
    How should anybody here know?

- - - Updated - - -

If you knew how to make sure it was good enough, you would already be doing it.
    i did not know he was the government.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    So one of your recommendation is to get poor people to illegally use abandoned buildings as gardens, and invest time / money on something that could be stolen or confiscated? All to produce a few dollars worth of vegetables and chickens...
    Even better, he wants them to work with police to get other criminals in their community get busted. Almost like doing that gets themselves busted at the same time. Fantastic ideas all over
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    How should anybody here know?

- - - Updated - - -

i did not know he was the government.
    The poster said it wasn't my fault, so I was wondering since they decided they know I am not at fault, then maybe they know who's fault it is.

Also, you can teach without being government.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2018-09-06 at 03:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    The poster said it wasn't my fault, so I was wondering since they decided they know I am not at fault for that then maybe they know who's fault it is.

Also, you can teach anyone something without being government.
    Ye, i'm sure that poster is all knowing about every-bodies situation.

And you think everybody has the skills needed for teaching, or to fix the whole system by themselves with government support? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Ye, i'm sure that poster is all knowing about every-bodies situation.

And you think everybody has the skills needed for teaching, or to fix the whole system by themselves with government support? Really?
    No, I don't think that poster is correct at all, which is why I posed the question.

And no, I don't think everyone has the skill to teach, which is why I said what I said.

And no, I don't think the government has to support anyone in order for them to teach.

The men who control the wealth.

The men who control the wealth.
    Men? You sure there are no women who own resources?

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Also, it is always, and without exception, the fault of someone else that people can not afford food and shelter.
    Must be easy to live in a world where you can always try to blame someone else than yourself for your personal failures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Oh sure, I'll just get a bunch of money together and lobby to have the law changed. The reason I attack the people who allow it is cause they get lobbied.
    So then it sounds like the people you should be mad at is politicians because they are the ones that allow the law to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    So then it sounds like the people you should be mad at is politicians because they are the ones that allow the law to stay.
    The blame goes around to many people. Who do I blame? The politicians who take bribe money to make laws that aren't in the interests of the people, like Ajit Pai with removing Net Neutrality? Or do I blame the corporations like Verizon who obviously handed Ajit Pai a large sum of money to be the most hated man in America, which he even deals with death threats? Maybe I should blame people like Jeff Bezos who doesn't pay his employee's a living wage so they depend on food stamps which is paid by the tax payers?

Fuck it, I blame all of them. All equally at fault for why we still have poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    Everyone in the ghetto is going to start chicken farms and somehow earn millions in their small back yard. Meanwhile farmers are begging for government subsidies...

- - - Updated - - -

Ofcourse I do! corporations demand a ton of cheap labor, and the ghettos supply the cheap labor. Nailed it!

Here is the trick. Republicans are telling everyone to go to college and get an education so those people are worth something. What happens to the supply and demand for people with that level of education if everyone actually manages to follow that advice? (Not even realistic but hey, that's what Republicans tell everyone to do)

What happens to the supply and demand of the lower skilled work force when everyone becomes educated?

Basically what you have done is killed the middle class, you now need a PHD to be considered educated / skilled / in high demand.

There will always be a lower class / poor with the way our society is set up.
    Actually, you have this completely inverted from reality. Republicans have spent years telling young people the value of trade schools and getting into skilled work in order to support themselves and improve their local economies. The teacher's union is the major entity that has been pushing the 4 year liberal arts degrees and telling every student that they needed to get through college no matter the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    Actually, you have this completely inverted from reality. Republicans have spent years telling young people the value of trade schools and getting into skilled work in order to support themselves and improve their local economies. The teacher's union is the major entity that has been pushing the 4 year liberal arts degrees and telling every student that they needed to get through college no matter the cost.
    Going to college is a much better choice than trade school. You don't HAVE to go for a math heavy degree, you can pursue one in business and still get a lot of benefits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Blame society that vote them in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY is dead. It's always someone else fault as why YOU can't succeed.
    If i was riding a donkey down the road. And someone threw a rock and knocked me off. Would i be stoned off my ass?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    ...like Ajit Pai with removing Net Neutrality...
    The sheer naked greed of what he does and for whom is almost astonishing.

It's a little worrying that they don't even try to conceal it any longer. Almost half the country is in their pockets.

Well can't say how poor housing works in America, don't live there. But here most tend to be high rises. So no garden to work with, so that's that right off the list to begin with and they tend to have no pet policies so that also removes the other option.
    Now assuming there is a place where a subsistence garden could be set up, where is the money coming from to pay for the materials required to turn that place into a suitable area for cultivating crops? Fencing, chicken coups, etc, things cost money.
    $6 might not seem like a lot, but to someone who is truly poor that's an expense that might not be justifiable. Buy Chicken for $6, now you have to pay for it's food, and healthcare till it's ready to be butchered.
    Which is probably why most people who want to add a bit of home grown food, tend to go with plants first. But keeping plants healthy is also a bit of a hit and miss affair without forking out on pesticides, fertilisers, anti theft measures, etc. So again there is a case of weighing up the options, is it cheaper to buy materials and grow x amount of food with the hope of a certain level of output, or buy consumables. Sometimes it might be that growing could be cheaper, but often the investment in both time and money is better used buying canned and dried foods while trying to get a decent paying job.
    Communal efforts might mitigate costs, but it also divides the spoils, and can lead to issues that always come when trying to cooperate with people for mutual benefit. So again, comes down to whether to investment is truly the best bang for one's buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust Trader Mittens View Post
    Going to college is a much better choice than trade school. You don't HAVE to go for a math heavy degree, you can pursue one in business and still get a lot of benefits.
    Electricians, plumbers, pipefitters, HVAC technicians all make very good money and are rarely out of work. Most of them can get all of their certifications in 18-24 months at a tuition rate of around 40% of university. So, can you explain how a 4 year non-STEM degree is better?

Quote Originally Posted by Permanence View Post
    Must be easy to live in a world where you can always try to blame someone else than yourself for your personal failures.
    Unless internet forum user Permanence is among the small % of those whom own the majority of wealth rather than the 70%+ of world population which owns the debt- you too are a failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Men? You sure there are no women who own resources?
    Women are part of humanity too. Man = mankind.