Poll: How many times a day do you wash your hands?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Question How many times a day do you wash your hands?

I think I may be doing it too much, according to my family atleast. If my hands doesnt feel clean, I wash them. Any kind of residue I cant stand having on my hands, especially stickyness or if i feel I touched something that has gross bacteria even if I cant really feel it on my hands.

I touch a lot of money and cards during the day, so I use hand sanitizer a bit more often then is probably healthy. So be it lol.

Over using cleaners like hand soap and such can leave your hands too dry, so at least use some lotion every so often. Especially as we're heading into winter with plenty of cold dry air. Unless you live in the southern hemisphere, lol

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bit towards the OC side (though not necessarily fully into it).

If I feel icky I will wash them. If I know my hands are particularly dirty (just walked the dogs, went to the gym, etc.) I will wash them. I'll sanitize them before purposely doing something that I know will involve other people (like changing the water cooler at work)... but maybe that means 3 or 4 times a day at most.

- Every time I've visited the bathroom
    - Every time I've handled any of my 4 hamsters (2 Syrian, 2 Campbell's)
    - Every time before eating
    - Every time after eating if I've eaten with my hands (Tacos, Burgers etc)
    - Every time I feel like my hands aren't fresh, which is WAY more often on very hot days. I went through a lot of my favourite soap (needs to be clear, liquid, smelling of fruits or flowers) during the past summer's hottest weeks.

When I come home and before I eat anything.

Pretty much only if I touch something particularly gross.

Every time I pass the sinks in our house, so too much to count. It's one of my many tics.
    Last edited by Chinese Bootlickers; 2018-09-06 at 01:29 AM.

After peeing and before eating.

I shower once a day. So once a day + any time I handle raw meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    I shower once a day. So once a day + any time I handle raw meat.
    Is "raw meat" a euphemism for your junk? Or do you not wash your hands after using the bathroom?

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Wash? Hands?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    After peeing and before eating.
    But not after pooping.

...okaaaaaaaaaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Is "raw meat" a euphemism for your junk? Or do you not wash your hands after using the bathroom?
    I know dick is always on your mind but I’m pretty sure he’s referring to cooking.
    change can't wait.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    No idea. Whenever I use the washroom,prepare food or otherwise get them dirty.

Deleted
    Usually two showers a day, so twice from those. Every time I go to the bathroom. Before cooking, after cooking if I've handled something that's gotten my hands dirty. Whenever I wash my glasses (I never wipe them, just dishwasher, rinse, blow on them to dry.) Whenever my hands feel dirty otherwise as I like to have clean hands when using my mouse, so that my hand isn't sticky against my Sphex. Add of course any time I'm cleaning the flat, as well as some other random times. So, well enough, definitely, although the thoroughness varies; not every time is like a surgeon scrubbing in. Sometimes a bit of soap and a quick rinse is just fine.

My town has no water issues, the water tables are fine and they replenish, I pay for every single milliliter, and no, you can't send water to Africa for people without drinking water.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    I know dick is always on your mind but I’m pretty sure he’s referring to cooking.
    Hey, it's a fair question--he doesn't mention washing his hands beyond showering and handling raw meat, so I just draw the conclusion he's implying something else.

Obviously, from all your recent posts, you're beyond taking a joke or gag (good or bad). No need to be so serious and butthurt all the time and trying to instigate/escalate, son.

I’m an RN so a lot, a whole lot. I’m a huge believer in washing your hands as often as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Wash? Hands?

- - - Updated - - -

But not after pooping.

...okaaaaaaaaaaay.
    Lol, I like the E.coli I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Well I was thinking chicken, but I guess that also qualifies. And yeah, there's no actual need to wash after the bathroom if you don't have contact with anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I work around food so easily 20+ a day

I washed mine once today after handling raw pork. I also washed dishes. So sorta twice.