Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd be curious how much money they'll get from doing something like that :')

tune in to allcraft right now https://www.twitch.tv/hotted89 im sure they will give out all the details

I wonder how much they will get paid for it and how the money would be distributed to the raiders.

As a former Method raider, I'm happy that the guild finally decided to give it a try, but at the same time, I'm afraid that many people will find it disappointingly boring to watch unless the raid only lasts 2 days again.

This is certainly surprising, although I guess it's been pretty clear for years now that the World First race was slowly but steadily dying, so something needed to happen. I'm really interested to see what this will bring. Hopefully this can revitalize the race and in the future we can see full coverage from all the guilds.
    Last edited by InstantPoM; 2018-09-07 at 12:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Good for them, always thought that was the best way to do it. Obviously a decision made to make money, but nothing wrong with that, they will tap into a huge audience who want to watch the world 1st race but haven't really been able to (at least not in terms of top 5).
    Yeah, that hyuuuuuuuje (Trump voice) audience. Just hyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggee. Of like 20 people.

Good move imo. The race is pretty fucking boring atm.

yay we get to press F5 on wowprogress every hour to see if any numbers change.

The suspense my god.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    As a former Method raider, I'm happy that the guild finally decided to give it a try, but at the same time, I'm afraid that many people will find it disappointingly boring to watch unless the raid only lasts 2 days again.
    Can't be any less boring than refreshing prog sites for updates.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    So they cannot use exploits anymore now that everyone watches them doing so?
    Blizzard watches them do the kills since they are the first there/actively fix bosses, so nice try on the salt

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Yeah, that hyuuuuuuuje (Trump voice) audience. Just hyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggee. Of like 20 people.
    over 30k people watched the shitty Chinese guild who didn't speak a lick of english in ToS, close to 20 people though

kappa

inb4 Method loses World First race from people copying their strats.

What race? There is no race anymore, almost all other guilds have given up on the World First race, so of course Method will now stream and earn extra money from it.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    They are exploring the limits of selling out and turning a fun game experience into a vehicle of corporate enrichment.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    £$

Has to be with some sort of delay right?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Feels like the next logical step for Method.

There’s already heaps in Method that stream. It must suck to have an audience who enjoys watching you play (and who you enjoy having around) only to close the curtain on them when things get interesting. I think you’d have to be quite the ass hat to begrudge these players taking their fans with them when they get to do the thing they’re in Method to do. Couldn’t care less if they make some money for it. I’d imagine most of these peeps work harder on this than we do at our jobs anyway.

As to exposing strategies, maybe… maybe not. I don’t think anyone has the answer to this since there’s never been a guild that was likely to take #1 streaming the race. That being said this will probably impact the race further down the list as people will get strats to the previous few bosses much quicker than waiting for the gentleman’s agreement of 5 guilds to kill it . Probably sucks the most for Exorsus though, they can’t really win without forum fans commenting ‘Well they wouldn’t have won is Method didn’t stream their strats’. If I was Exorsus (and the rest of the top 10) I’d stream it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    Good for them, always thought that was the best way to do it. Obviously a decision made to make money, but nothing wrong with that, they will tap into a huge audience who want to watch the world 1st race but haven't really been able to (at least not in terms of top 5).
    this will be interesting - will Method's raid gather more then 1000 views compared to asmongold's 30k while he learns how to pvp and do transmog competitions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbarea View Post
    tune in to allcraft right now https://www.twitch.tv/hotted89 im sure they will give out all the details
    I cant stand that man. He looks like a walrus and he sounds like a hobo on speed. He has absolutely nothing interesting to say. Ever.
    Edit:
    Having watched some of the recent allcraft he is just as fucking annoying as always. His questions are dumb and you can just see that on Rogerbrowns face like “is this guy actually for real?” he makes annoying voices when he drinks from his fat mans water bottles, he then proceeds to knock them over and you can just hear all the shit, dishes and so on he has on his table. That dude is a loser and i have no idea how he ever got a following or a place on that show

As for the stream it sounds like a cool idea and I’m still baffled Blizzard has pvp tournaments and does many things to make it watchable for a near non existent crowd but completely ignore the main reason ppl have always played wow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    They are exploring the limits of selling out and turning a fun game experience into a vehicle of corporate enrichment.
    Rofl the fucking salt. Let them play however they want. People have wanted this since vanilla
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2018-09-07 at 05:29 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    This will only be interesting if there is some real competition going on, but i havent seen many guilds show some real hunger for world first for a couple expacs. Hopefully their streaming encourages some guilds to try catch up and play along, atleast for the fun of it.

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    This will only be interesting if there is some real competition going on, but i havent seen many guilds show some real hunger for world first for a couple expacs. Hopefully their streaming encourages some guilds to try catch up and play along, atleast for the fun of it.
    i personaly think that it will be pretty boring since i ghihly doubt they will openly discuss tactics on stream . but you will see (i personaly wont because id rather level up my 7th or 8th alt then watch wiping on stream)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    i personaly think that it will be pretty boring since i ghihly doubt they will openly discuss tactics on stream . but you will see (i personaly wont because id rather level up my 7th or 8th alt then watch wiping on stream)
    Yea i agree that watching wipes isnt fun. I watched them stream mythic ToS the week after they killed KJ, and then they ended up having trouble with maiden again, and calling the stream at avatar after so many wipes. But im interested to see how quickly they can smash the other bosses out, before it gets to that major roadblock.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What race? There is no race anymore, almost all other guilds have given up on the World First race, so of course Method will now stream and earn extra money from it.
    Is that really true though. With the 100 first kill achievements it seems more guilds than ever are going for a fast as possible kill.
    top guild member
    multi gladiator

giving wow insight daily - expert in wow

Deleted
    Hott3d and rich xd those two are pretty lame wow players xd i see this in allcraft only person who know somethin about this game is asmon but even him sometimes say really wierd things xd