Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Who nerfed the hammer should be fired

Ok first of, i am well aware what firing somebody from the job means and i am the last one who calls for the most cruel punishment when somebody makes a mistake.

But in this case, if i was Mike Morhaine and the person responsible wasn't Ion himself, i'd give him the boot. Why? Because i would NOT accept that anyone kicks my playerbase in the nuts like that. Stealing away such an important item because of your own screwup and causing the seen riot was the WORST POSSIBLE way to deal this situation. It's just nuts. For me that shows a huge degree of ignorance and arrogance i would not tolerate.

It was just handled like "uhm yeah, we made mistake, you got something you were not supposed to, we just take it away from. No It's not converted or just kept as it is, because you don't deserve it, it's against the rules, no extra piece of loot for you bluhbluh deal with it!" One day later, obviously, players got their freakin hammer back. I meam seriously, what fuckin else???

I'd call that guy in my office and tell him: Dude, you are aware of the player base giving us shit at the moment for azerite armor, allied racies grind etc. and BFA is not as well perceived as we wanted it to be. You are aware we just had this Mythic cache issue we had to rollback. And now you make SUCH a decision and create us another huge reputation problem? i expect more from my employees!

I see this problem constantly in my job as well. People in management and decision making positions think only as far as their nose tip, cannot calculate even short term effects of their decisions and when shit comes up consequently its like "Oooopssiii, didn't see THAT coming...". Consequences for them: None.

Not if i was in charge, for sure.
    Last edited by mmoc442be69514; 2018-09-07 at 06:38 AM.

Couldn't help but laugh while reading this. That said, I more or less have to agree. It's pretty amazing how many flaws are pouring through the cracks so far. Grind for Azeroth is a better expansion name. Also, the fact an item like that which is supposedly a "transmog-only" weapon managed to survive so long in it's stronger state. Firstly, the entire concept of mog-only weapons is pointless considering Artifact weapons are gone, and boss drop weapons once again can have actual meaning.

What is the point of going to the effort of making this weapon, making it a boss drop, solely for cosmetics. That's how you get more people fighting over loot, meaningless xmog.

In any expansion that's not Legion, all weapons are mf'ing "transmog weapons". The only difference is they also have stats and can actually be useful for some people as priority. Making a statless weapon that makes it even useless to the people who can actually wield it so AAA level of retard game design. But, while I wouldn't fire anybody, I'd definitely get my paddle out.
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Many people should have been fired, especially guy responsible for Uldir "transmog" set because it is ugly as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Deleted
    I don't think anyone deserves to lose their job, but what a terrible series of decisions.

1) To start: Who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to add a transmog weapon that looked like a weapon (and didn't even get the colour right) of another weapon that drops on the same boss?? Just why? The Mace looks terrible anyway.

2) How the fuck did this get through testing? Did that transmog Mace never drop on a testing build? Was it even on the testing build? Either way someone didn't do their job.

3) What a fucking stupid decision to hotfix the weapon stats while people are raiding progression when they knew full well the shit storm they would of received. This would of been a team decision. How did they not see this coming? It's such a baffling question that I think they just accidentally duplicated the other mace and forgot to remove it before live and covered it up as a "transmog only" weapon.

4) They ended up reverting the change anyway causing so much unnecessary drama and confusion. Well done I guess for reverting the terrible decision but wow what a waste of time and resources on something that could of been so easily avoided.

The thing that didn't make sense to me with this was: Why add a specific transmog weapon of a boss that drops his weapon as a "normal" version anyway? i like the transmog weapon drop idea. But then don't let the boss drop his weapon as a "normal" weapon too.

As to how the situation was handled. If they want to separate the two versions of this weapon so badly i would have just given the actual weapon to everyone affected by this and removed the transmog item so it could be changed to the 120 version.

Nobody would have gotten mad and they could have just changed the transmog weapon to what it was supposed to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    OK, calm down snowflake.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Ok first of, i am well aware what firing somebody from the job means and i am the last one who calls for the most cruel punishment when somebody makes a mistake.
    To be honest, although I understand your frustration, everything coming after this line seems like your mental jerk off. The decision was very likely not given by a single employee alone. Even if it was, you do not know a single thing about that person, their overall work performance and their total contribution to the game development.

Some of the bugs and decisions so far with this expansion have been very odd to say the least.

Deleted
    What a drama! It's just a dumb purple you will replace before long.

Deleted
    I still laugh at this xd i cant believe blizzard troll people like that its fun and i love it

It isn't worth taking someone's job, and you're taking it too personally if you liken an item being nerfed that you got through a bug to a kick in the nuts.

Not a single thing in BFA should get someone fired no matter the dramatics being thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    What a drama! It's just a dumb purple you will replace before long.
    "dumb purple" someone spend gold on to enchant it and probably sold or destroyed previous weapon. No matter what it stinks and I'm sure you would be mad if one day you would get good weapon but next day hotfix would ruin it ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joolo View Post
    I still laugh at this xd i cant believe blizzard troll people like that its fun and i love it
    You like tears of other people? You do not seem like a good person ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    Not a single thing in BFA should get someone fired no matter the dramatics being thrown around.
    There are actually plenty stuff to think that some people should be fired.
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    There are actually plenty stuff to think that some people should be fired.
    You're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Not if i was in charge, for sure.
    You're entire post shows exactly why you wouldn't be in charge, ever. Calm down and relax. Just because you disagree with something doesn't mean that they need to go all hardcore and axing people left and right. It's life things will come up / out that you, myself, everyone won't like. Do we need to start readying the pitchforks at every occasion? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Niroshi View Post
    You're wrong.
    Great argument

Deleted
    "dumb purple" someone spend gold on to enchant it and probably sold or destroyed previous weapon. No matter what it stinks and I'm sure you would be mad if one day you would get good weapon but next day hotfix would ruin it ...
    Sure, i'd be disatisfied, but i wouldn't go cry in the forums like it matters. These things happen on patch day. It's like no one ever saw bugs before.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Why firing someone when it can be hotfixed? Why are you so brutal?
    I bet they yell at customer service for not giving them a refund after not providing a receipt to prove their purchase

Many people should have been fired, especially guy responsible for Uldir "transmog" set because it is ugly as hell.
    At first I thought at least the cloth one looks okay, but today I realized that they maid the chain cowl a fixed part and it awkwardly clipps through your upper body. The static shot in the collections tab does not emphazie this, but when animated it becomes very apparent. With that the last piece of hope I had for Uldir transmogs is officially dead to me..

Great argument
    There isn't really an argument to be offered when somebody says something as vague as what you said man. The biggest issues with BFA are mostly lack of fun in some areas, some bugs and a lack of reward incentive. How are any of those things something to fire someone over?

If you were in charge, this game would be Wildstar by now.