Warfront contribution

I really don't understand why the turn in quests are not daily. The way it is, a lot of people will turn in the war resources, gold, and maybe meat/fish if they have it on hand, but i guess most won't bother with all the crafting turn ins. Every day, progress on the contribution is slowing down, because you can't give war resources or gold every day, and you are then left with overpriced crafting stuff from the auction house. If the devs are worried about reputation, they could change the gold/resource quest to either give no rep, or reduced rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    I really don't understand why the turn in quests are not daily. The way it is, a lot of people will turn in the war resources, gold, and maybe meat/fish if they have it on hand, but i guess most won't bother with all the crafting turn ins. Every day, progress on the contribution is slowing down, because you can't give war resources or gold every day, and you are then left with overpriced crafting stuff from the auction house. If the devs are worried about reputation, they could change the gold/resource quest to either give no rep, or reduced rep.
    I've been reading up a bit on the forums and (based on the beta) it seems that the actual turn-in quests do not have any impact on the counter. It will just go up to 100% after several days, regardless of the turn-ins: they are just a way to get bonus rep and AP during this time. Considering the amount of AP/rep they give compared to other dailies, I can understand they're meant to be done once per contribution cycle.

Seeing as we're now three days in and the counter just passed 60%, I expect we'll be at 100% at sunday morning, leaving us a few days for the warfront and changing the cycle alongside the weekly reset.

Still, this is info gathered from several threads here and there, would be good to get some blue explanation on how this works exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

Quote Originally Posted by Oneru View Post
    I've been reading up a bit on the forums and (based on the beta) it seems that the actual turn-in quests do not have any impact on the counter. It will just go up to 100% after several days, regardless of the turn-ins: they are just a way to get bonus rep and AP during this time. Considering the amount of AP/rep they give compared to other dailies, I can understand they're meant to be done once per contribution cycle.

Seeing as we're now three days in and the counter just passed 60%, I expect we'll be at 100% at sunday morning, leaving us a few days for the warfront and changing the cycle alongside the weekly reset.

Still, this is info gathered from several threads here and there, would be good to get some blue explanation on how this works exactly.
    If that's true, it's... kinda fucked up? I mean, not only is that not apparent in game, the game even tells us directly otherwise; "Contribute so we can do this!". Definitely some official clarification needed.

If that's true, it's... kinda fucked up? I mean, not only is that not apparent in game, the game even tells us directly otherwise; "Contribute so we can do this!". Definitely some official clarification needed.
    While i agree that this solution would be kind of fishy, it would have the same effect as the reduction of the broken shore buildings' needs with dwindling participation, just without all the work. They should communicate how this works, however.

I think the whole contribution process is a simple illusion that makes players feel like they are doing something. Pretty much a gold (mats) sink system that rewards you AP and have nothing to do with the percentage. Its going up without players input.

Contributing absolutely makes a difference. It's the exact same system as the Broken Shore buildings. Blizzard constantly monitors it, and if it goes slower or faster than they intended, they adjust on the fly. There is no "AUTO %" regardless of contribution, that is the most ridiculous rumor anyone made up. This is a REGION wide contribution. There's absolutely no way we don't have enough people to finish it, simply because as I said before, Blizzard can adjust it on the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Contributing absolutely makes a difference. It's the exact same system as the Broken Shore buildings. Blizzard constantly monitors it, and if it goes slower or faster than they intended, they adjust on the fly. There is no "AUTO %" regardless of contribution, that is the most ridiculous rumor anyone made up. This is a REGION wide contribution. There's absolutely no way we don't have enough people to finish it, simply because as I said before, Blizzard can adjust it on the fly.
    Source? And I am actually asking, is there any source on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Source? And I am actually asking, is there any source on this?
    The better question is if there's a source for the auto %? You can't take reports from beta as anything as it's heavily modified so that it can continually run due to the low participation rate on beta and amount of players.

7+ Year Old Account
    By the amount of people who contributed the first day or 2, i am highly suspicious about the whole non-auto% thing. I know Blizz set the bar high for contributions atm since so many players are active, but because of that, there are so few people left to contribute now, atleast when it comes to doing them all.

There must be some auto% or atleast some heavy tweaking with the numbers to make the line go up in any acceptable speed.... Like if the Horde does not get the warfront by wednesday next week, we are gonna have a riot on our hands, so they have to make sure that that happends somehow.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

If youre not in a hurry and you enjoy game slowly and casual why in gods name would you complete any of those quests and give your precious mats for almost nothing,let the retards complete those quests,smart ppl just wait and laugh.
    The Man in Black: “They come. They fight. They destroy. They corrupt. It always ends the same.”
    Jacob: “It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

I always thought both faction have the worldboss AND the warfront itself each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    I always thought both faction have the worldboss AND the warfront itself each week.
    I'd assume they'd target at a switch on about 5 days, as others have said, so this would be pretty much guaranteed.

I'm not playing horde, so cacn someone clarify: Do horde players have access to the actual Warfront already, or not until the %bar is filled?

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I'd assume they'd target at a switch on about 5 days, as others have said, so this would be pretty much guaranteed.

I'm not playing horde, so cacn someone clarify: Do horde players have access to the actual Warfront already, or not until the %bar is filled?
    All you have is a bunch of one-time-turn-in quests. You cant even port to Arathi until the warfront start.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post

No, Horde currently only has access to the contribution quests and the rares in Arathi. No warfront access yet, we'll have to wait until the bar is filled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynati View Post
    Patience and reason do appear to be in short supply these days in the gaming community.

I'm pretty sure it's just a pointless time gate and not actually a contribution based thing.

Exact opposite was just posted on reddit with a screenshot from a blue. Then again, even blizzard has no idea whats going on with the game at the moment.