10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Sucks to hear about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    It was 4 years ago lol.

Released properly in 2014.
    dam I thought it was 7..... Well rip.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    dam I thought it was 7..... Well rip.
    I wish. I could have 3,000 hours instead of 2,000 hours.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Disapointing news, but it's been looming on the horizon for a long time now. Carbine dropped the ball and never quite managed to even pick it back up again, let alone run with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    How do you take "the mindset of bad launch=bad forever" and turn that into "We shouldn't criticize games"
    Given how games like Destiny 1, The Division and Rainbow Six Siege have all managed to turn things around after rocky launches, I'd argue that we should be even more critical of games that don't live up to expectations. Not as a means to attack them, but as a method by which all the promise and potential of the game can be fully realised. Arguably even No Mans Sky belongs here too now - They've, apparently, managed to turn it into a really solid game at this point. Would that have happened without player feedback and criticism? Maybe, but probably not. Devolpers need to know what it is players are looking to get out of their game in order to deliver it.

I'm not going to suggest Wildstar could have done the same, but they've had plenty of time to get themselves in a more solid market position and haven't taken advantage of it.

if only they could have prettied up the shitty ui and stopped catering to poopshocks.

i fucking love the aesthetic and setting of wildstar. i wish i was the kind of rich that could buy it and keep it alive, just for my own amusement.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    if only they could have prettied up the shitty ui and stopped catering to poopshocks.

i fucking love the aesthetic and setting of wildstar. i wish i was the kind of rich that could buy it and keep it alive, just for my own amusement.
    If I was a multi-millionaire sure I would. would even have a small 20-30 man team design content for it just for lulz.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Too many people to quote and address. So i'm just going full repeating myself because it's just what i feel about the game.

I'm genuinely sad about the game closing. I was really hyped for it and played quite a bunch with my Chua engineer, having a blast at leveling, art style, combat system and generally how it played and panned out.

What made me mad was the complete and total revolving around HARCORE and HARD = GOOD thing. Hell how did Carbine think an attunement chain like that would have worked well? Why they were so focused on raid but made them basically unreachable for majority of players?

We're not in 2004 anymore and players don't give a shit about prestige. They just want to play. Imho everything about Wildstar was uust aiming at the wrong audience and the incompetence of someone at Carbine doomed the game from the very beginning.

Given the structure/combat i still think the IP could be bought and resurrected as a single player/small party ARPG ala Diablo where dungeons and raids are scaled down and while providing challenge would make everything just more accessible and enjoyable.

It could have succeeded if it wasn't done so badly and that's the whole point. Any defense is bogus and just blind fanboyism because the game was definitely bad. Not bad because it played bad, but bad because they believed the hardcore gimmick would have worked.

Another case of (a lot of) wasted potential. Again, hope someone buys the IP and assets from tehm and make something cool out of it.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Martymark View Post
    Yeah, their smug marketing turned me against them, and I got more pleasure watching it crash in slow motion than I did playing it.
    I just hope that someone will learn the lessons from the Wildstar failure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Uh no. Every single issue from launch was fixed over time. F2p itself improved very little, the problem with f2p is that it broke a lot of existing content that was fixed, had horrible servers and horrible lag everywhere.
    Except, you know, leveling that was broken since launch and entered F2P in the same broken state.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Too many people to quote and address. So i'm just going full repeating myself because it's just what i feel about the game.

I'm genuinely sad about the game closing. I was really hyped for it and played quite a bunch with my Chua engineer, having a blast at leveling, art style, combat system and generally how it played and panned out.

What made me mad was the complete and total revolving around HARCORE and HARD = GOOD thing. Hell how did Carbine think an attunement chain like that would have worked well? Why they were so focused on raid but made them basically unreachable for majority of players?

We're not in 2004 anymore and players don't give a shit about prestige. They just want to play. Imho everything about Wildstar was uust aiming at the wrong audience and the incompetence of someone at Carbine doomed the game from the very beginning.

Given the structure/combat i still think the IP could be bought and resurrected as a single player/small party ARPG ala Diablo where dungeons and raids are scaled down and while providing challenge would make everything just more accessible and enjoyable.

It could have succeeded if it wasn't done so badly and that's the whole point. Any defense is bogus and just blind fanboyism because the game was definitely bad. Not bad because it played bad, but bad because they believed the hardcore gimmick would have worked.

Another case of (a lot of) wasted potential. Again, hope someone buys the IP and assets from tehm and make something cool out of it.
    I agree, i started playing after it went f2p, and i really liked it, just didn't have the time to play it properly. Always wanted to get back in but didn't find the time. Wildstars most glaring problem was that it wasn't accessible enough. It WAS hard for a noob, which i imagine turned a lot of people away, which is quite sad because it really wasn't a bad game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amazed it didn't happen sooner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rest in peace. I will store all the game screenshots somewhere safe as a memory (and videos):

Secret project start i was working on for this years event on secret alt (that had 0 friends).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This game had some of the most toxic piece-of-shit fans before it launched, when it launched, and for a while after it launched. Combine that with the studio mouthpieces being condescending or mocking players who they thought weren't worthy to play their game, I'm glad the studio and the game's dead. If the devs there are decent people, they'll find someplace else to go.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

10+ Year Old Account
    I remember when this game was announced, it looked exciting, like all MMO's I have played I get so pumped for this new universe and new lore to explore. Then when the game came out I think it was the fastest I have ever dropped an MMO since Aion. I just didn't like it. There were some interesting bits but it couldn't grab me in a way I was expecting it to.

I play most MMO's hoping for something that can challenge WoW. I played Age of Conan, Warhammer, City of Heroes, Champions Online, Guild Wars 1 & 2, Archage, Blade and Soul, Black Desert Online, Wildstar, Star Wars TOR, Tera, Secret World, Lord of the Rings Online, Aion, and Rift (Yes I am literally reading off these MMO's from my collection lol).

Shame for the studio though, I am sure all those people that worked there are talented enough to find sucess elsewhere.

It's a real shame. Wildstar wasn't a bad game. It had a lot of potential - though it lacked the sort of development cycle that would allow it to remain relevant and also get consistent content updates. I enjoyed the art style, music and quite a bit of the game's more serious lore. The housing system was incredible, too.

I guess I'll be sticking to FFXIV for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post
    This game had some of the most toxic piece-of-shit fans before it launched, when it launched, and for a while after it launched. Combine that with the studio mouthpieces being condescending or mocking players who they thought weren't worthy to play their game, I'm glad the studio and the game's dead. If the devs there are decent people, they'll find someplace else to go.
    they tried so hard playing it up like "the new vanilla wow" "only for hardcore gamers"

Awww man. This sucks. I really liked this game, it did enough different to be interesting, i loved the world, characters, and flair it had. Hopefully someone leaks all the code so people can set up private servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    NCSoft is second to ruin thier game actually, first is yeah that's right. Hi-Rez Studios.

Deleted
    This is the best, in fact the only eulogy this game deserves.

Yep this really does sum it up.

A few of those "fans" was even in this thread spewing that bullshit.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep this really does sum it up.

A few of those "fans" was even in this thread spewing that bullshit.
    RP community was the worst imo.

Absolute fucking cesspit of cliques who put some players through hoops just to be "worthy" of playing with them.

This is a mercy killing for the game. It should serve as a small warning to devs who think the oldschool design still works for a modern MMO. It just doesn't. Get with the times.