Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Dread it. Run from it. Casuals still arrive

Has anyone else noticed a clear difference in group skill level from a week or even two weeks ago? I'm lucky to finish a mythic or mythic+ without someone just leaving the group or constantly being dead half the instance.

When did we arrive at this shitty mentality that casual = bad?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Being a casual doesn't mean you are a noob.

But being a noob, means you are a casual.

(there are exceptions but thats the rule of thumb)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    Has anyone else noticed a clear difference in group skill level from a week or even two weeks ago? I'm lucky to finish a mythic or mythic+ without someone just leaving the group or constantly being dead half the instance.
    How were you doing mythic+ a week ago?

Obviously raiders are now done with mythic dungeons, so the people you will find there are going to be worse on average.
    Can't say I've noticed this personally though, I've only been running with guildies, who are always the same level of awful

The bads started calling themselves "casuals" because it sounds better and you can actually present it as something you are proud of being.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

I'm lucky to finish a mythic or mythic+
    Easy fix: find a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

Excuse me but what? Casual means you dont play hardcore/as much as 'big boys' while noob means new players or as gaming community sees a bad player. You can be a hardcore player and still be bad. Being a bad player doesnt mean you are casual player.
    Ontopic: sadly the ones who leave or play halfdead/half afk are the hardcore players cause they seem to think they are better than a pug grp they are in and dont need to play as good as usually. Well thats just how my experience has been so far.
    Last edited by Tinary; 2018-09-07 at 01:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post

what about players that spend all day playing and are still bad? hardcore noob casual? XD

Deleted
    Mythic is a challenge and three weeks after the damn expansion has just dropped, people are still be getting gear to be able to enter and ergo still learning the tactics. If I get stuck in a group with some bunch of elitist, arrogant, ignorant assholes who assume everyone should insta-know the new Mythic mechanics and then rage when said mechanics catch me out, I bluntly tell them to go fuck themselves and then leave. There's no excuse for that kind of ultra-shitty behaviour, especially when the whole aspect of Mythic is learning and handling the increase in difficulty and learning it through wipes. Be patient, respect that not all people are as super duper freaking awesome as you, and take the time to explain tactics if people say it's their first time - it's in everyone's best interest, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Excuse me but what? Casual means you dont play hardcore/as much as 'big boys' while noob means new players or as gaming community sees a bad player. You can be a hardcore player and still be bad. Being a bad player doesnt mean you are casual player.
    Let me put it for you simply.

Those are what we refer to as people who talk out of their arse. Casual does not equate to bad and anyone who thinks so is an idiot who needs to be banned from WoW for being themselves.

On MMO-Champ? 5 seconds after this cesspool opened its doors....

I noticed this on week one. People bad at the game can take off from work and level in a day or two and get into the first rat race of gearing quickly. Hell its even easier for bads then because everyone excuses things away with "oh its new" or "we arent geared for this yet". Now that people are more familiar and geared a little easier its become a lot easier to just get mad and say "everyone sucks" or "casuals are taking over" type of bullshit.

Deleted
    the game caters to casuals. if you want to run from casuals, you should run away from the game or only group with your hardcore friends, and see if you are that good...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    what about players that spend all day playing and are still bad? hardcore noob casual? XD
    Yes, i know people like that...and i really dont understand how it is possible...but they exist xD

About a decade ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Casual is referense to how serious a person take the game and how much he/she plays, not how good that person is.

If a Method raider quit raiding and only play the game a little, he/she is still very good.

While someone can play close to 24/7, meanin the opposite to casual, but never improve and remain bad.

Please don't be ignorant people!
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Casual is a matter of time investment not a matter of skill.

Casual is opposite of Hardcore/dedicated.

Bad is the opposite of skilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Casual is a matter of time investment not a matter of skill.

Casual is opposite of Hardcore/dedicated.

Bad is the opposite of skilled.
    Stop that right now. OP needs someone to blame to feel all better inside.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Stop that right now. OP needs someone to blame to feel all better inside.
    Sounds more like an encouragement to me.

Welcome to World of Warcraft 2018 edition, where doing anything with ilvl at or below base award for the task you want to do is hardly ever possible with random people. Personaly I didn't have any issues this time (unlike in Legion), cause I've done only a couple of mythics 0 with pugs last week, but once in m0 I've met 2 people with overinflated titanforged gear who had literally no idea what to do at any boss so I had to explain everything and wipe over 3 times to make it to the end with them,which sucks.

There's abundance of free gear from world quests, random BoE with inflated ilvl, stupendously high ilvl crafted trinkets to buy and we're in P2W model of WoW, so it's not unlikely you'll meet some assholes with 350 avg ilvl trying to sneak into m+ for a free ride, having no idea either how to play their spec or what's going on in the dungeon or raid. Good luck, playing with pugs has been a russian roulette from Legions launch.

Side note - look at the people who play the game nowadays, there's some retard who quoted you earlier and asked how you were doing m+ last week, even thugh you've clearly stated it's either m0 or m+ and it doesn't even matter at all here, cause you can compare any group freely. People can't read and understand two fucking sentences, so what can we expect?
    Last edited by Prime92; 2018-09-07 at 01:38 PM.