Try new genres like RTS games or something, try Warhammer 2 Total War, if you like it you have like a thousand hours worth of playtime.

Or just take a break from games, i also lose the magic sometimes but it always comes back, so far anyways.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Games similar to Valkyria Chronicles or is it a one of a kind?

Just 100%'d this game on Steam, it's so fucking good and was honest to god one of the best PS3 titles back then. I know there are two sequels, but they're too outdated for me in a visual and mechanical sense. Of course, there is the fourth fully fledged console entry soon coming but until then, I want to know if there are any games in a gameplay sense that can satisfy me.

It doesn't have to be anime looking or feeling, just in how it plays because the real meat of what had me hooked on VC after all was its gameplay and EX challenges.

I know how you feel. It sold me on a PS3 after i saw videos of people on justin/tv back in the day gushing over it -including one dude crying at THAT scene- but unlike monster hunter or something it doesnt really have many clones. Which is a shame. Third person strategy rpg shooter is a hoot and needs more.

But at least Valkyria Chronicles 4 comes out on everything in a couple of weeks!

One of a kind basically.

The closest things are TBS games but those all typically have a grid system and no real time movement.

The closest thing I can think of comparable to VC would be front missions 1, 2,3 and 4. Thought I had read somewhere a new one was being made or at least a spiritual successor. Super hyped for VC4 though.
    Last edited by KOMO1211; 2018-09-01 at 10:37 AM.

Looking for a great MMO to get into apart from WoW

So, i'm a bit bored and frustrated with wow atm, I know it will pass, but i feel they are so likeable but waste their story potential, after a while of high intesnity focus on it i need a break, would love to get into another MMO, what is the best one out there?

I'm looking for an MMO with a great story as well, that is a most - what's the point being in an immersive world with a junk story? I don't want to go through what i went through with wow, always wanting a lot more from the story than is ever really given.

So I have seen some major titles out there, and I have fiddled around on early levels on each of these, and like what i have seen so far, but the big question sis waht tdo they become later on? Do they become bettter or worse as a game? Do tey have people playing in them? Does the story get better or just peter out? Here is what i'm currently considering in the line up.

FFXIV
    SWTOR
    ESO
    GW2
    Wildstar
    Tera

These so far seem to have the most potential.

Can highly recommend FF14 and GW2. Great communities, good stories, decent zones and overall great games.

Wildstar is sadly shutting down so I wouldn't really say invest now.

As for the rest can't give any major opinion on them. Sorry.

Well you can cross one of those off your list...

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think you can take Wildstar off that list

Oh dear, so Tera outlived WildStar ... and i heard WildStar was decent

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll skip a long-winded explanation and just summarize.

From what I've seen if WoW was a unique experience for you in that in that it's been the only one so far that you've truly enjoyed, then you'll likely also enjoy FF14 in small spurts. If you've enjoyed other MMO's then there's likely many others you'll enjoy.

I have negative opinions of ESO and other MMO's and since WoW was unique for me I think my opinion isn't valid concerning those MMO's.

Edit - This was a response to @EnigmAddict
    Last edited by MrPaladinGuy; 2018-09-07 at 07:26 PM.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I'll skip a long-winded explanation and just summarize.

From what I've seen if WoW was a unique experience for you in that in that it's been the only one so far that you've truly enjoyed, then you'll likely also enjoy FF14 in small spurts. If you've enjoyed other MMO's then there's likely many others you'll enjoy.

I have negative opinions of ESO and other MMO's and since WoW was unique for me I think my opinion isn't valid concerning those MMO's.
    Decent game plagued by bad decision after another.

Tera meanwhile made the right ones. Especially launching on PS4 and Xbox One.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Decent game plagued by bad decision after another.

Tera meanwhile made the right ones. Especially launching on PS4 and Xbox One.
    Didn't FFXIV launch on PS4 and Xbox One? What sort of bad decisions is FFXIV plagued with, and which things did Tera do right?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Didn't FFXIV launch on PS4 and Xbox One? What sort of bad decisions is FFXIV plagued with, and which things did Tera do right?
    FF14's original launch was a mess. Aka 1.0. Jobs weren't in at the start, outdated mechanisms, no endgame, bugs and poor optimisation.

A Realm Reborn fixed those mistakes by essentially doing a restart of the entire game. Doesn't have an XB1 version due to cross play issues but has PS4 which is crossplay with PC.

It's not about what was done right per se. It's that Tera just didn't push the ball too far and was able to expand onto a market where a lot of MMO devs are going. The console market.

Wildstar however made bad PR decisions, neglected the Chinese/Asia launch in favour of a Steam one and then the content just slowly stopped. The game when it was sub based was a complete mess as well.

Some advice for you while you look for a new game. Don't follow the herd. Pick what you think is right and go with your gut imo. I picked GW2 when I was first looking for a game to play alongside WoW properly and I didn't regret it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-07 at 07:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    FF14's original launch was a mess. Aka 1.0. Jobs weren't in at the start, outdated mechanisms, no endgame, bugs and poor optimisation.

A Realm Reborn fixed those mistakes by essentially doing a restart of the entire game. Doesn't have an XB1 version due to cross play issues but has PS4 which is crossplay with PC.

It's not about what was done right per se. It's that Tera just didn't push the ball too far and was able to expand onto a market where a lot of MMO devs are going. The console market.

Wildstar however made bad PR decisions, neglected the Chinese/Asia launch in favour of a Steam one and then the content just slowly stopped. The game when it was sub based was a complete mess as well.

Some advice for you while you look for a new game. Don't follow the herd. Pick what you think is right and go with your gut imo. I picked GW2 when I was first looking for a game to play alongside WoW properly and I didn't regret it.
    Is GW2 almost as fun as wow? or just as or even more sometimes? Did you have fun with Tera and FFXIV?

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Is GW2 almost as fun as wow? or just as or even more sometimes? Did you have fun with Tera and FFXIV?
    Tera I found was good but couldn't keep me hooked.

I'm still subbed to FF14 alongside WoW. FF14 I mostly play on PS4 these days alongside Neverwinter.

GW2 I've been thinking about picking up again when it's 50% off the expansion which hopefully it will be before the end of the year.

Honestly mate. Explore the market. See what you think looks awesome and jump right in.

So, I've moved to China for at least a year and am currently looking for a light-weight game with relatively low sys-req. It has to be light-weight (preferably below 10GBs). As for genres, it can be MOBA, RTS, MMORPG, shooter... Something to kill the free time that I do find myself having at times, so mostly any genre will do, aside of card games. Bonus points if it's stand-alone or available in China, Steam is mostly out of the question for now. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Hello guys!
    I'm looking for something to play with my 2 friends. Game genres dont matter, as long as its fun/challenging/interesting.
    This is whats we've beaten so far/spent lots of time in them:
    Borderlands series,
    Trine series,
    Divinity original sin series,
    Killing floor series, L4D,
    Dying Light, Dead Island series,
    Lots of Dota 2 and PUBG sessions,
    Dark Souls series,
    Payday series,
    GTA V online,
    Serious Sam series,
    Lots of Starcraft, LOTR, C&C Generals, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires sessions,
    Dont Starve Together,
    Diablo 3, Torchlight series, PoE, Grim Dawn, Titan quest grinding.
    We dont like MMOs, and there 3 of us, so 2ppl only games wont work.
    Thank you guys in advance.

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fujiapples View Post
    Hello guys!
    I'm looking for something to play with my 2 friends. Game genres dont matter, as long as its fun/challenging/interesting.
    This is whats we've beaten so far/spent lots of time in them:
    Borderlands series,
    Trine series,
    Divinity original sin series,
    Killing floor series, L4D,
    Dying Light, Dead Island series,
    Lots of Dota 2 and PUBG sessions,
    Dark Souls series,
    Payday series,
    GTA V online,
    Serious Sam series,
    Lots of Starcraft, LOTR, C&C Generals, Age of Mythology, Age of Empires sessions,
    Dont Starve Together,
    Diablo 3, Torchlight series, PoE, Grim Dawn, Titan quest grinding.
    We dont like MMOs, and there 3 of us, so 2ppl only games wont work.
    Thank you guys in advance.
    You should definitely look into Vermintide/Vermintide 2. 4 players (remaining spots are filled with bots if you don't have 4) and plays VERY much like Left 4 Dead 2 (people joke a lot about it being a L4D2 clone). I'm in your same situation where I have a small group of 3-4 people playing Steam games regularly. Vermintide and Vermintide 2 have been favorites for us.

There's probably less of a point in playing VT1 since VT2 has been out for a while now, but it still might be worth checking out if you've never played it before.

- - - Updated - - -

Any recommendations for good "play in a dark room with headphones on and make sure you have spare pants available" atmospheric horror games?

I've played both of the Amnesia games and will be picking up Slender: The Arrival at some point.

I also have Agony on my Steam wishlist but have been somewhat hesitant because it has a ton of negative reviews.
    Last edited by avitush; 2018-10-01 at 03:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try Soma. It was created by the developers of the first Amnesia game, IIRC.