Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    They'd have to be well known and big. Not everyone can pull a Final Fantasy on their MMO.
    Doesn't have to be another MMO, I'd even like an animated show.

I haven't played the game in years. I had done everything I cared to do in game and the interface was a chore to deal with. However, the game just oozed charm, was incredibly fun to play and had a relatively interesting story. I'm not surprised it's going the way of the dodo, but it's still sad. I hope another game comes out that has half the charm and charisma this one did...with a better managed and smarter studio taking care of it. The core game was great, but it was plagued with bad decisions behind the scenes that caused it to go this way.

I hope the developers can find good jobs elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Doesn't have to be another MMO, I'd even like an animated show.
    Wouldn't mind a single-player rpg either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever people their theories are it was the bugs and unfinished content that made the game annoying near the mid to end level. Another problem was it was another mmo even with okay combat it was still the same experience leveling one to 60 you had before in a landscape where more action based online games came into play.

The whole hard on some people get about raids is just their little crusade nothing more, most people didn't even get there and those that did get there enjoyed the experience but got tired of the constant bugs. Game tried to do several things at once with a limited budget and didn't succeed due to it. There were some bad choices with the raids being locked as we know now on a mythic raid level in WoW making it hard for people to organize and organically grow guilds to 40 mans but those were minor issues compared to the game inability to retain members whilst they level.

With the level of unfinished content and bugs they could have crafted the most casual mmo on the planet and it still would not have flourished.

I must admit, this game had potential.
    Devs screwed it.

What a shame. I played this game back when it was in beta, and was intrigued, but couldn't afford to buy it because reasons. Then it released and again, couldn't play it cuz I can't afford the sub (Third world country, a single dollar is worth a fuckton of money here, let alone 15). Then it went F2P and I wanted to give it another try, but so many bugs and issues logging in prevented me from doing so. Tried again months after it went F2P and while I couldn't be bothered to reach the level cap...... I liked the game.

Hell, if Wow had closed down at the time, I'd gladly switch over to Wildstar in a heartbeat. I kept hoping to get back in there and reach the level cap at least once. I liked the art style, soundtrack, story, and voiceacting, plus several of the classes had awesome synergy and gameplay.

I'm really baffled that its just gonna die, just like that. Way shittier MMOs are still alive and kicking.

Ohh well, C'est la vie. Fare thee well, cupcake.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

https://www.change.org/p/ncsoft-wildstar-s-revival

I mean I appreciate the dedication but well... wheels are already in motion sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    I don't know if anyone posted this yet, but I watched it earlier and some actual devs explain how shit the game really was in the first few comments:

INB4 people start blaming NCsoft yet again.
    It's both NCsofts and Carbines fault.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    https://www.change.org/p/ncsoft-wildstar-s-revival

I mean I appreciate the dedication but well... wheels are already in motion sadly.
    unfortunately. I mean campaigns to stop shut down of city of heroes were stronger, that game itself was stronger and it was STILl shut down. sadly, the only way wildstar will be playable post shut down is if fans save the code for it and revive/host it themselves ala Warhammer online and SWG. (at least I think there is fan hosted SWG?)

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

Wildstar... dead...

I know it wasn't a really popular game but... It was still a good game for the most part and didn't deserve this fate... I hate it when games die... It's not fair. But it is what it is.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.
    NCsoft is to blame because instead of investing into the game so that carbine could fix the issues and add to it and attract more people they fired most of the staff. Then what they were shocked when it no likely made enough profit to stay afloat? Carbine fucked up. But they weren't even given a second chance to make it right. Carbine should've remained an independent studio.
    Let's get 1 thing straight, I'm not

Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    NCsoft is to blame because instead of investing into the game so that carbine could fix the issues and add to it and attract more people they fired most of the staff. Then what they were shocked when it no likely made enough profit to stay afloat? Carbine fucked up. But they weren't even given a second chance to make it right. Carbine should've remained an independent studio.
    No they are not.

They did invest. The fact they kept it up at least the past year is a generous move because it was more than likely losing them money.

And redundancies happen. The firing was not to "attract more people". It was either that or shut it down there and then.

And if it had remained independent it would have shut down a lot sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They went too heavy on the difficulty/elitism and paid the price. Shame. If they'd had WoW-style accessibility it would probably be in a healthy state today.
    The game wasnt hard, the visual tells were there for everyone with eyes to see.

What was hard was the logistics of 40man raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Hellfury View Post
    The game wasnt hard, the visual tells were there for everyone with eyes to see.

What was hard was the logistics of 40man raiding
    And the fact that’s only good players could actually get attuned to the raids...

It was “too hard “for people.”
    Successful people build each other up, inspire and motivate each other.

Unsuccessful people hate, blame and complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sad to see they couldn't fix their course. I enjoyed it in the start but it just turned way of the road near the end game after the initial release. Was even in the beta. I liked how they pushed for people to put in some effort but they ended up branding some of it to be more of a joke.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    I say "fuck the mmorpg community" for being toxic towards the genre as a whole, you are extremely dense if you don't see that the community has a mindset of bad launch=bad forever. It's a very unhealthy attitude to have in the genre. Of course it is 100% Crbs fault for letting the launch be so shitty. I am not blaming the mmorpg community for Wildstar failing, that is on the fault of the dev and publisher. I am annoyed at the mindset of the community and how it is damaging to the industry as a whole.

Yeah, fuck NCsoft, whatever your reason may be, CoH, Tabula Rasa, or Wildstar. Fuck em.
    Not my fucking fault a company releases a bad product. Most MMOs get one month from me. If it sucks ass I don't go back. Bad launch = bad forever in most situations, FF being an outlier because they fixed the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post
    This game had some of the most toxic piece-of-shit fans before it launched, when it launched, and for a while after it launched. Combine that with the studio mouthpieces being condescending or mocking players who they thought weren't worthy to play their game, I'm glad the studio and the game's dead. If the devs there are decent people, they'll find someplace else to go.
    Word.

I remember that... *shudder*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It's both NCsofts and Carbines fault.
    No, no it's not. You can't blame Ncsoft for cutting their losses after being fucked over twice. Any sane business would in a heartbeat.

10+ Year Old Account
    People begged them to not do this "HARCORRRR" bullshit, they had amazing amount of people first month and it crashed and burned because they put insane requirements to access the trivial content at the times where having open access to everything is a standard and MMOs were already in decline.

Of course it did not help that forum loudmouths praised such approach to high heaven... why it's about the same that's going on in Classic forum here.

Oh looks like the WoW killer died