Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    If ticks vanished from the face of the Earth, Mother Nature wouldn't complain.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is shitty, avril is an amazing chick gotta love her. I'm glad she is better and making music again.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Ugh, getting a tick bite sucks.
    You mean the stand in for Avril Lavigne named Melissa has Lyme disease?

Something like half of lyme patients don't actually get a bullseye rash, so that isn't a surefire way to determine if you have the disease.

My mother's progression was:
    2008, vague issues (aches, etc) start, written off as "well I'm just getting older it's normal".
    2009ish, after testing, lyme detected, antibiotic treatments start.
    2011ish, lyme still present, brain damage pervasive, lyme spirochetes had passed blood brain barrier (lyme can attack the brain in a similar way to syphilis).
    2012-13, brain damage upgraded to early onset Alzheimer's, lyme still present and antibiotics still not helping to slow the lyme.
    2017, death.

If you are concerned about a tick bite, get fucking tested because there are about a dozen or more tickborne infections in addition to lyme, and they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Aww, they’re cute. I’ll look into the fowls. Thanks! And thanks for replying, @derpkitteh.
    guineas also fuck up snakes lol, but man are they great. i had one along with the chickens, and she was wonderful. you couldn't get near her, but just having her around was cool.

watch out though if you get any with chickens. you need to make sure they are socialized with chickens, because they are very "alpha". they will bully chickens and pull their feathers out if they have a group.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    What good do fleas do? Nothing but a parasite that can agonize its host...no benefits to them at all.
    population control.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Funny you should mention cancer. I'm not sure you'll believe it, but in 2006 I had cancer. I've had appendicitis (surgery wound infection after. I can also tell you gallstones hurt like your spine wants to jump out of your body. I could write you a list of the shit I've been through. So yes, I'm quite miserable. I live on disability.

Don't give me this bleeding heart garbage.
    I just find it really hard to care when a celebrity cries about being sick when the rest of us have been sick all this time, like it's not important until some "famous" person suffers.

Maybe you could write something constructive instead of being offended, attacking me because I don't suck up and go boo hoo for a celeb? Yeah, lyme disease can be miserable. Did you even know what lyme disease does before you read this? I'll be impressed if you say yes, but no lying now. Don't you think that's fucked up, that you didn't care until Avril came along? I think it is.
    Man, it's almost like your own body dislikes you as much as the people in this thread.

He was a sk8er tick.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I read the fowls are very loud. Is it pretty bad?
    they can get VERY loud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVntLgjCkuA

it's their alert sound, basically. when something is in your yard that's not supposed to be there, they will make that sound loud enough for everything to hear. the good thing is that they can fly like normal birds basically, and they just fly away from anything that tries to kill them.