Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    I assume remaster is incoming, the game was kinda mmo grindy but combat was incredible. I don't think I've seen chakrams anywhere else.
    While entirely unrelated, C9 (Continent of the Ninth Seal) has a class that uses Chakrams and is an absolute blast to play. The game itself is pretty awful though, but the classes are fun. Think of it like awful KR instanced dungeon grinder game meets dynasty warriors (which also has a Chakram character btw).

The game is repetitive and grindy, but the combat is compelling enough to hold you until you hit max level IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It wasn't a failed MMO, The Company went under before the MMO was even Alpha.

They released KO:A the same day as Skyrim and Skyrim murdered it. There budget into the game was massive as fuck as well. It was piss poor management that killed both the game and the company.
    That doesn't really matter. The systems and quests were clearly made for an mmo, which is why it failed. They realized that they couldn't compete in that market and tried so save what they already did by bending it into a single player RPG, sadly that didn't work out at all. Again, the combat and class system was nice, the world was generic and forgettable and the quests and content was crap.

Also Skyrim came out in november 2011, KO:A came out in february 2012.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun game but bit repetitive especially if you are a person who likes to complete everything, not interested in another mmo too many around already.

Also suffered from major powercreep issues where at one point you start to just steamroll things.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Fun game but bit repetitive especially if you are a person who likes to complete everything, not interested in another mmo too many around already.

Also suffered from major powercreep issues where at one point you start to just steamroll things.
    The power creep towards the end was quite obnoxious I wish there was a "geared" difficulty that was unlocked after you beat the main story or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    That doesn't really matter. The systems and quests were clearly made for an mmo, which is why it failed. They realized that they couldn't compete in that market and tried so save what they already did by bending it into a single player RPG, sadly that didn't work out at all. Again, the combat and class system was nice, the world was generic and forgettable and the quests and content was crap.

KoA was destroyed by Skyrim, a few months was not enough time for such a massive overrated game.

The world was grandiose and exciting to me, felt like I was in a real high fantasy universe with some awesome looking cities, the quests were fine as well, the side activities sucked but I enjoyed the longer campaigns.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    The power creep towards the end was quite obnoxious I wish there was a "geared" difficulty that was unlocked after you beat the main story or something.
    I have heard there is a mod that directly tackles this issue, hard to find now though.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

I hope they will continue development of MMORPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally i don't like idea of making now MMORPG in Amalur. Yeah it is a good concept, but a MMORPG are slowly dying genre... I would rather see first reemaster for KOA:R with maybe new DLC, since for original release i doubt it might be DLC release due to source code issues or something?

But there was also planned KOA:R 2 planned, but not was happend due to bankrupcy of Big Huge Games and 38 Studios.

I'm glad they picked it up. It was a pretty solid game. The lore and history were created by R.A. Salvatore, so it's got that going for it. They have a good foundation to develop a new game with if they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Oh and for those curious what the MMO would look like here are some videos that were released shortly before 38 studios were shut down.

Beautiful flythrough, right? Well here's what the gameplay would have looked like... (No audio aside from some rather irritating music, so you can mute it).

I for one would rather they scrap the MMO and continue the franchise as a single player RPG series. I do wonder if they'll use the assets they acquired though.

The MMO was supposed to be set a few centuries (Or a thousand years, I don't quite remember) after reckoning. But Reckoning's ending has a huge effect on the world and the races within. The wikia has some of the lore if you're interested: http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Arcana - This is about what happens directly after Reckoning, but there are a few ages after that.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2018-09-07 at 09:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Oh and for those curious what the MMO would look like here are some videos that were released shortly before 38 studios were shut down.

Beautiful flythrough, right? Well here's what the gameplay would have looked like... (No audio aside from some rather irritating music, so you can mute it).

I for one would rather they scrap the MMO and continue the franchise as a single player RPG series. I do wonder if they'll use the assets they acquired though.

The MMO was supposed to be set a few centuries (Or a thousand years, I don't quite remember) after reckoning. But Reckoning's ending has a huge effect on the world and the races within. The wikia has some of the lore if you're interested: http://amalur.wikia.com/wiki/Age_of_Arcana - This is about what happens directly after Reckoning, but there are a few ages after that.
    That is not what the gameplay would have looked like, that was pre alpha footage not even really meant for public viewing. I talked to an ex Dev today on that mmorpg Mogan Brown and he said the final combat was intended to be action based like Reckoning but within the limitations of an mmorpg, as he also worked on Wildstar he said it would have been very similar to that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Personally i don't like idea of making now MMORPG in Amalur. Yeah it is a good concept, but a MMORPG are slowly dying genre... I would rather see first reemaster for KOA:R with maybe new DLC, since for original release i doubt it might be DLC release due to source code issues or something?

But there was also planned KOA:R 2 planned, but not was happend due to bankrupcy of Big Huge Games and 38 Studios.
    I don't know about dying. In the past few years there have been very few new western mmorpgs but lately that seems to be changing. We have news of a AAA Lotr mmorpg beginning development, Cryptic is making a Magic: The Gathering mmorpg, Amazon is making that New World MMORPG, and some indies are also in development like Crowfall and Pantheon, and Ashes of Creation is the biggest mmorpg in development right now.

Honestly I would be all for the mmorpg or a straight up sequel...or a remaster, I don't even care.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is not what the gameplay would have looked like, that was pre alpha footage not even really meant for public viewing. I talked to an ex Dev today on that mmorpg Mogan Brown and he said the final combat was intended to be action based like Reckoning but within the limitations of an mmorpg, as he also worked on Wildstar he said it would have been very similar to that.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know about dying. In the past few years there have been very few new western mmorpgs but lately that seems to be changing. We have news of a AAA Lotr mmorpg beginning development, Cryptic is making a Magic: The Gathering mmorpg, Amazon is making that New World MMORPG, and some indies are also in development like Crowfall and Pantheon, and Ashes of Creation is the biggest mmorpg in development right now.

Honestly I would be all for the mmorpg or a straight up sequel...or a remaster, I don't even care.
    Yep i've heard about that Digital Extreme is going make new LOTRO, and tbh personally don't like it. Yeah DE got good renevue for Warframe, but i could lie myself to say that new LOTRO from them, could be less or none grindy af.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boshusan View Post
    I tried the demo on PS3 and it was the most buggy thing I've ever played on a console. Textures were missing, polygons on cape went wild, fell through the floor... I never gave the game a chance since.
    The demo was not only done by a third party but used an old build of the game.

It is like trying to pkay a wow provate server that uses a beta or akpha build

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post

You..You really don't get it huh?

Heh amalur was shipped to be a prequel to the mmo which was still in development.

In short amalur had no impact on the mmo but the mmo MAY gave had impact on amalur..however some of us enjoyed that as frankly i genuinely enjoy mmo gameplay/world design. I don't just pkay them for the latest gear or hookup

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

KoA was destroyed by Skyrim, a few months was not enough time for such a massive overrated game.

The world was grandiose and exciting to me, felt like I was in a real high fantasy universe with some awesome looking cities, the quests were fine as well, the side activities sucked but I enjoyed the longer campaigns.
    Honestly i liked amalur more then skyrim..still do(i cannot stand the gauntlet magic system it made popular and frankly consider it more of a modders paradise. Frankly bethesda should just license out there mod engine for game development ala unity imo)

And yeo high fantasy to a t. Which sadly as a game genre doesn't seem to get much love outside japan.

As for the power creep irony is they were working on a new difficulty mode when closed down.

- - - Updated - - -

I kinda hope if they stay sp they use the whole world for a game..always wanyed an mmo style single player game woth such a world.

Deleted
    Don't see what's with all the hype on this game. I mean sure, it was fun to play, had interesting builds, but other than that it was just meeeeh. The dialogues were Diablo style, with a few lines that just repeated, not even voice acted, the quests were boring, no multiple ways to solve a quest that would matter, mobs respawn in the same place and very soon after they die, no memorable characters, no interesting story, just...MEEEEEEH.
    Last edited by mmocb32a24d4db; 2018-09-08 at 07:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Don't see what's with all the hype on this game. I mean sure, it was fun to play, had interesting builds, but other than that it was just meeeeh. The dialogues were Diablo style, with a few lines that just repeated, not even voice acted, the quests were boring, no multiple ways to solve a quest that would matter, mobs respawn in the same place and very soon after they die, no memorable characters, no interesting story, just...MEEEEEEH.
    Wellll some of us loved the world and lore.

As for vojce acting frankly i prefer none at all and don't see it as a plus..it did have a decent amount btw.

The questing i personally enjoyed and foubd very fun

Overall some people such as muself lovef the game

Yep i've heard about that Digital Extreme is going make new LOTRO, and tbh personally don't like it. Yeah DE got good renevue for Warframe, but i could lie myself to say that new LOTRO from them, could be less or none grindy af.
    It isn't Digital Extreme, this is a very common misconception. It is the same parent company as digital extreme but the actual developers are Athlon Games, a relatively new studio.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    All dialogue in reckoning is voice acted, what’re you on about?

People enjoyed the combat and world moreso than the story.

All dialogue in reckoning is voice acted, what’re you on about?

People enjoyed the combat and world moreso than the story.
    Yeah the world was wonderful looking and the combat was a breath of fresh air, and I did enjoy the lore and elements of the story even if it wasn't something groundbreaking or god tier.
    Diablo Bore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well bad news folks.

EA still got publisher rights to KOA:R, but THQ is working on it.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ahead-from-ea

Well bad news folks.

Makes sense since they own some kind of rights to KOA's original release.

But since THQ Nordic owns the IP its very likely KOA2 will be 100% their's. As long as EA doesn't fuck with KOA:R then I may buy it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well bad news folks.

Damn..though i WAS wondering about EA since they still sell it on origin(and took alot off the top of the sales too)