Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Using void connects you to the void lords, thus the whispers, which is precisely why it is so damn dangerous to use and anyone that dabbled in it eventually succumbed to it.

Old gods were made in the void.
    Old gods are autonomous entities intended to become void titans. The void does NOT connect you to the void lords, but the void itself which like the light has intentions and bestows power. That's like saying the using the light automatically connects you to the naaru which it does not. Until you actually show a statement that says all void users have a direct link to the void lords themselves, you have not proven your case and you are making up head canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Zul had visions by ever and those regarding the rebirth of the Troll Empire are clearly what drove him from the very beginning. And since he serves G'huun to achieve that, it's pretty obvious that he knew all along how that vision had to be achieved and how that empire would have looked like.

Besides, it would easily explain how he was able to turn Jin'do from servant of Hakkar into the Blood God's jailer, since G'huun harnesses similar powers but clearly far stronger than Hakkar's.

My point is that Hakkar is clearly a far weaker entity than G'huun and unlikely to scare the shit out of the Loa of Death, even less lord over him.
    I'm not sure Zul had fully turned to G'huun at this stage. Why waste time dicking around with lesser Troll tribes in Cata and with the Mogu in Mists? Yes, we now know his primary interest in Lei Shen was learning how to resurrect and bind Dazar, but he didn't just learn the ways of resurrecting kings, he also brought a sizable portion of the Zandalari fleet and many followers that would surely have been of use in his rebellion, with the clear intention of making Pandaria a new homeland for the Zandalari which would have made G'huun redundant to his plans had he succeeded.

I think he was aware of G'huun before the Cataclysm and perhaps already learned a few tricks from him, but fully turned to the Blood God only after exhausting his other options. I don't see a visionary like Zul deciding to bind his fate to a being like G'huun immediately, but seeing Rastakhan do nothing, his efforts in Cata fail and Lei Shen get rekt probably hardened his resolve and from then on he decided to use any means necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Old gods are autonomous entities intended to become void titans. The void does NOT connect you to the void lords, but the void itself which like the light has intentions and bestows power. That's like saying the using the light automatically connects you to the naaru which it does not. Until you actually show a statement that says all void users have a direct link to the void lords themselves, you have not proven your case and you are making up head canon.
    The old gods aren't autonomous entities to become void titans, they are servants of the void lords, with the whole purpose to corrupt titan souls into the service of the void lords. As stated in chronicles 1 page 21

The void itself has no will, it is merely a force yet drawing upon its power causes you to hear voices and slowly drive you insane.

Deleted
    The old gods aren't autonomous entities to become void titans, they are servants of the void lords, with the whole purpose to corrupt titan souls into the service of the void lords. As stated in chronicles 1 page 21

The void itself has no will, it is merely a force yet drawing upon its power causes you to hear voices and slowly drive you insane.
    Yes the Void Lords sent their servants „old gods“ to corrupt a titan instead of doing this they „fight each other“

How stupid is this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Also citation needed. The old gods are of their own mind and agenda, but their goal is to merge with the world spirit and become a void lord in our world
    Then cite a single quote coming from an Old God even vaguely implying the specific goal of corrupting the unborn Titan, because I assure you'll find none.

There is no direction from the void lords as much as you can direct your poop to all go down the toilet in one flush
    The Void Lords are the entities bearing the actual will and desire to corrupt an unborn Titan to begin with. The Old Gods always acted like little more than drones spreading chaos and madness because that's the entire purpose of their existence. Corrupting the Titan is inevitable once the whole world they have infested is itself utterly infected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Three comments.

1.) Blizzard is clearly working to introduce a new force to the game, Death itself. Which is the force behind Sylvannas' insanity (because Blizzard hates having characters be responsible for their own actions).

2.) His boss will be the big bad of this new force and is currently unknown (or disguised as someone or something else) in-game.

3.) Spirit Healers are going to be amongst their number, which is one of the reasons Baron Samedi (sorry, I refuse to use their idiotic spelling of his name) takes the place of one in Nazmir. I wouldn't be surprised if the Val'kyr will be, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Three comments.

1.) Blizzard is clearly working to introduce a new force to the game, Death itself. Which is the force behind Sylvannas' insanity (because Blizzard hates having characters be responsible for their own actions).

2.) His boss will be the big bad of this new force and is currently unknown (or disguised as someone or something else) in-game.

3.) Spirit Healers are going to be amongst their number, which is one of the reasons Baron Samedi (sorry, I refuse to use their idiotic spelling of his name) takes the place of one in Nazmir. I wouldn't be surprised if the Val'kyr will be, too.
    Well the death force could ne another thing that blizzard is building for exploit in this expansion so they can save N'zoth and Azshara for the black empire expansion, certantly I hope they bring Arthas back if they are gonna to "redeem" Sylvanas(which wasnt necessary until the back slash of the burning of teldrassil, blizzard shouldnt have allowed that) because the dude wasnt always evil and diserve a better closure than wotlk.

The spirits healers and samedi aren't exactly natives from the shadowlands(Odyn create them and Samedi surely was a mortal at one point because its weird that a dead realm can create "life")
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    True, even back at the titan vs black empire war, they couldn't work together to defeat the titans watchers and maybe you are up to something because Bwonsamdi and Rastakhan are ausent from the coronation of Talanji and her speech of joining the Horde
    Even before that. One of the bosses in Dragon Soul is a faceless general, and its flavor text says that it led N'zoth's forces against those of C'thun for thousands of years. So it seems that after they conquered the world they turned on each other, either seriously or just because it amused them.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Even before that. One of the bosses in Dragon Soul is a faceless general, and its flavor text says that it led N'zoth's forces against those of C'thun for thousands of years. So it seems that after they conquered the world they turned on each other, either seriously or just because it amused them.
    Priest Knaifu says in one of its whispers that it is ironic that the weakest among them (N'zoth) would be the only one remaining. But then muses that "there was always going to only be one left in the end.." So yeah, that's the whole intent of the Old God infection. They send several to take over the planet but once it is under control they turn on each other and grow more powerful until only one is left to dominate the planet fully (and going by the visions from the Astromancer in Nighthold when we see a corrupted planet, they grow even more immense than we saw in the Black Empire illustration as we could clearly see giant tentacles the size of continents wrapped around some planets).

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Then cite a single quote coming from an Old God even vaguely implying the specific goal of corrupting the unborn Titan, because I assure you'll find none.

The Void Lords are the entities bearing the actual will and desire to corrupt an unborn Titan to begin with. The Old Gods always acted like little more than drones spreading chaos and madness because that's the entire purpose of their existence. Corrupting the Titan is inevitable once the whole world they have infested is itself utterly infected.
    That part is specifically from Chronicle which is written as omniscient. Technically everything I said is from Chronicle. Everything you said was head canon.

- - - Updated - - -

It never said they were servants. It said they were shot out from them and they would become a void titan if they did what they were supposed to do.
    Last edited by ohwell; 2018-09-08 at 01:54 AM.

What do you guys think about Xibala? Maybe nobody commented on it because it was at the bottom of page 16 but I think it'd fit the scope of what they'd potentially want to do with the 8.1 raid (Loa-themed in Zandalar, big dino death loa final boss)
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-09-08 at 08:20 AM.

Why does Bwonsamdi need a boss? Whoever they are it's just going to be a disappointment when they turn out not to be as cool as him.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Three comments.

1.) Blizzard is clearly working to introduce a new force to the game, Death itself. Which is the force behind Sylvannas' insanity (because Blizzard hates having characters be responsible for their own actions)
    Death is indeed one of the major categories on that Chronicles chart and I think they're working to expand this. Helya and Bwonsandi were a start

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Inb4 death is the next expansion's theme and the necromancers that ppl have been asking for becomes a thing.

I highly doubt we'll see much of a "death theme" this expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    Death is indeed one of the major categories on that Chronicles chart and I think they're working to expand this. Helya and Bwonsandi were a start
    The Drust are also heavily involved with spritual magic (corruption and possession). Wouldn't be surprised if 8.1 includes a raid for each faction that wraps up the personal affairs part of their respective continents (The Loa of Kings being lost and Death taking over, and the Drust seemingly coming back for revenge).

It has to be hakkar the soulflayer! That guy is never up to any good
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post
    It has to be hakkar the soulflayer! That guy is never up to any good
    Actually, them saying Hakkar isn't in this expansion makes me think they do have a plan for him as they are so sure they won't add him now. I feel like they wouldn't address him otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by mrsohta View Post
    Actually, them saying Hakkar isn't in this expansion makes me think they do have a plan for him as they are so sure they won't add him now. I feel like they wouldn't address him otherwise.
    Oh it was a joke from me that sounded way better in my head than it sounds to everyone else lol

But I think hakkar had some relations with the blood trolls at least. (I really hope he isn't turned into G'huuns bitch tho, I would prefer if Hakkar is still treated like some top dog loa who can at least rival the weakest old god so far)
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Play Warbringers: Azshara and you will know who is Bwonsamdi's boss. 2:40 to 2:55. As follows:
    >Azshara: This was not the deal I made.
    >N'zoth: Hmmm, deal. I like deal.

These hmms and deals all seem to similar to Bwonsamdi's behaviour who could be possibly an emanation of N'zoth.
    S.H.

Deleted
    That part is specifically from Chronicle which is written as omniscient. Technically everything I said is from Chronicle. Everything you said was head canon.

- - - Updated - - -

It never said they were servants. It said they were shot out from them and they would become a void titan if they did what they were supposed to do.
    Not really sure the void titan part is accurate