Do Zandalari use night elf models?

Is it just me, or did blizzard intentionally use the night elf model for the Zandalari? I thought they were going to straighten the troll model instead?

Gosh, and why didn't they just make their faces pretty but with tusks, they were the perfect opportunity to do such.

EDIT:

I know they are not night elves, but it is interesting that they do use their frames. It is a clever way to give lots of interesting sub-races that can vary extensively from the main race, just use another race's skeleton, like the Broken can use a Tauren skeleton instead and appear different to Draenei.
    Last edited by Beloren; 2018-09-08 at 05:41 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    they aren't turqoise night elves, they share the skeleton not the model.

Formerly known as Arafal

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its enhanced night elf.. i mean they have upright troll casting animations and so forth.
    Its not like you will play a night elf at all.dont worry.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Is it just me, or did blizzard intentionally use the night elf model for the Zandalari? I thought they were going to straighten the troll model instead?

Gosh, and why didn't they just make their faces pretty but with tusks, they were the perfect opportunity to do such.
    Is it possible they unintentionally used the night elf model? Can we really know for sure?

Deleted
    They use the Night Elf frame yes. Altho they might increase the size of the race with 30% since Trolls are bigger then Elves.
    That is what Allied races are they all use the frame work and emo's from alrdy made races otherwise they can never push out 4-6 races in a exp pack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post

Same skeleton, different model, I wish I was at home and not at the cottage so I could link my infographic I made... But no.

Red protodrake to green is a recolour. As it is everything the same but different colour.
    Red protodrake to bronze is a reskin, same model, but different texture and colour
    Red protodrake to reins of galakross, or the fire blood phoenix are remodels, as they use the same skeleton, but are very different models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    They use the Night Elf frame yes. Altho they might uncrease the size of the race with 30% since Trolls are bigger then Elves.
    That is what Allied races are they all use the frame work and emo's from alrdy made races otherwise they can never push out 4-6 races in a exp pack.
    BFA has 8 so far with atleast 2 more coming, and possibly more to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    they aren't turqoise night elves, they share the skeleton not the model.
    I know they are not night elves, but it is interesting that they do. it is a clever way to give lots of interesting sub-races that can vary extensively from the main race, just use another race's skeleton, like the Broken can use a Tauren skeleton instead and appear different to Draenei.