Poll: WARMODE?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[POLL] Is your Warmode on or off most of the time and are you Alliance or Horde?

Vote for how you roll.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    It's always on, from 110 to 120 and beyond (Alliance).

I'm wondering what it looks like with WM off, does Alliance then greatly outnumber the Horde?

I'd also vote to entirely remove this option from the game. There's also no "PvE threat mode off" option, if I'd like to move through the world and instances without having those mobs disturbing my gaming experience...
    Last edited by mmoc90507aa8c5; 2018-09-09 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post

I'm wondering what it looks like with WM off, does Alliance then greatly outnumber the Horde?

I'd also vote to entirely remove this option from the game. There's also no "PvE threat mode off" option, if I'd like to move through the world and instances without having those mobs disturbing my gaming experience...
    So you want a totally different game than what launched 14 years ago and force people to play that? OK.

@your question: Horde outnumbers Alliance massively at EVERY activity at 120. Except Pet Battles and Fishing. It does not matter where you go, what you do or if you have WM on or off, Horde is ALWAYS in the majority. Might have something to do with the Alliance being a totally passive afterthought of this game for the last decade...but hey! That's just me taking guesses!!

Alliance usually outnumbers Horde on RP Servers. So if you belong to those ~7-8% of players you MIGHT see an equal number of character from both factions out in the world, as RPers tend to stay in Hubs, mostly.

Both Factions, Warmode On. I only turn it off under very certain circumstances, like farming or when at work and doing dailies since I'll be AFKing a lot and don't main a stealth class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Contender Saverem View Post
    Vote for how you roll.
    Why would anyone enable Warmode after levelling is done?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Why would anyone enable Warmode after levelling is done?
    Because of better rewards, title, achievements? There are 3 reasons to enable it. I am playing in alliance and died like 4 times since bfa release with war mode enabled so it's worth.

Due to auto invite WQs addons I turned WM Off and it will stay that way until they all have been purged from the game.

It is super annoying to fight someone while they run into a WQ zone and suddenly invite 4 other people who then zone in to wreck you.

Destroys WM for me.

Now that I am on the more populous faction side I have turned it back on and I'm never really bothered.

The end result of war modes was always predestined - it's called the prisoner dilemma: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoner%27s_dilemma

To translate to this situation, you have a scenario in which two parties are pitted against one another, but if they blindly collaborate, they will receive a smaller penalty. This is to say, it is in the benefit of BOTH the Horde and Alliance to have one faction go entirely War Mode, and the other to go Entirely No War Mode. This is precisely what we are seeing, albeit not to an extreme since the penalties are not very large.

Any senior game designer should have seen this immediately when the concept of War Modes was posed. In all likelihood they did, and proceeded anyway. I personally hate War Mode because it has only fostered the worst kind of world PvP, i.e. large groups preying on individual players. Blizzard is too chicken shit to really incentivize PvP properly. Like, if the assassination system rewarded heroic raid level loot, you can bet your ass it would work as a corrective measure. As it stands now, the primary incentive is the ability to quest freely, thus we see a moderate manifestation of the prisoner dilemma with more alliance turning war mode off, and more horde turning it on.

Dear Blizz, if you want to employ a gamer with an M.A. in Philosophy, I'm available...
    Last edited by Zensunni; 2018-09-09 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Both Factions, Warmode On. I only turn it off under very certain circumstances, like farming or when at work and doing dailies since I'll be AFKing a lot and don't main a stealth class.
    What's up with people playing at work?

Always on as Alliance & Horde. Makes it more interesting and dangerous. Sometimes I get caught up in some big wpvp fights that just happen randomly out in the world. Suddenly 1 hour has passed and I havent done anything of the stuff I was supposed to do lol

Quote Originally Posted by webw0lf359 View Post
    WM always on Horde, however it is pointless, I've seen a handful of Alliance all expac. on a 60/40 Ally dominated (so called) High population server.
    From what I understand warmoders are in their own phase.

So you have your server with everyone that has Warmode off and there's no CRZ though people can be invited to groups on your realm.
    Then you have people in Warmode from every server in the region in their own phase(s).

At least that's how I understood it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What's up with people playing at work?
    Because getting paid at work while being able play on a business level fiber connection is amazing, especially when you can set your own workspace to priority without getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Torrasque View Post
    Because getting paid at work while being able play on a business level fiber connection is amazing, especially when you can set your own workspace to priority without getting caught.
    "Business level fiber connection" That's the typical household connection in Finland. Maybe your country should pay more attention to paid employees actually working than upgrading connections at workplaces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Off on Horde (Main) and Alliance (Alt) except to do the weekly.

I hate world PvP and always have.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuhokoura View Post
    "Business level fiber connection" That's the typical household connection in Finland. Maybe your country should pay more attention to paid employees actually working than upgrading connections at workplaces.
    I'm sorry, I didn't realize that this with a nation-bashing dickwaving contest. Aside from that, I could care less about what connections Finland has or doesn't have.

Warmode on as Alliance.

considering i'm playing since beta and world pvp always been my most hated feature in game, no matter if i'm winning or losing side, it's always off. really really hate this system, because you have to suffer the horrible world pvp system of this game if you want 10% extra AP...

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post

i have WM off as ali and yes ali dose greatly out number horde im just sick of 20v1 or 3 situations like at every azerite wq

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    i have WM off as ali and yes ali dose greatly out number horde im just sick of 20v1 or 3 situations like at every azerite wq
    What type of english is it?

Alliance is nearly always outnumbered by horde