Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Well, a tv series from PC Netflix :P Who wanna bet that they are going to replace the original Slavic based story with their Half Black Half Gay cru?? We are going to see Black Jenefer and ofc gay Dandelion uhu and ofc we need some Asians lets not forgot about them ....
    https://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/09...white-changes/

You already knew it, so predictable, Ciri will be black/asian/non white in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    if its not GOT levels of dark they are doing it wrong.
    I hope it's not, Witcher books weren't about randomly killing PoVs with lots of banging in-between. Two first books are mostly cynical realistic reenactment of famous fairy tales, then plot gets big and you get Nilfgaard invasion to Northern Kingdoms, Vilgefortz's conspiracy and Geralt's journey to the south during big war. Again, it's not dark even in the later books, aside from really brutal characters like Bonhart the plot is just down to earth realistic take on fantasy version of WW2.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    Oh well... fuck.... I'm tired of all this minority shit its getting tedious as fuck and ruining a lot of source materials.. I may not watch this after all, speaking as a woman I'm tired of all the gender/race politics it's fucking pathetic.
    You can't be surprised tho

I'm so depressed right now, I was so looking forward to the Witcher series. Henry Cavill wasn't my first choice but I can live with that because he is a passionate witcher fan and i think he's good enough to pull it off. No, what depresses me is once again the sjw crowd is going to fuck over yet another beloved franchise. Not satisfied in ruining Star Wars, they have to sink their hooks into everything else. You know the MCU is next with Captain I hate white men Marvel coming in to take over from Captain America to run the Avengers. Lot's of sjw brownie points coming upo there.

How hard is it to stay true to the source material? How hard is it to find a writer who isn't so political? Get woke go broke!

This is the mob writing the series, it's doesn't have a prayer of being successful.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira View Post
    It's just getting too much and it's EVERYWHERE it's getting beyond annoying and ruining many good things... Look at Teen titans for example, I loved that show as a child but I won't touch that movie with a 50ft barge pole.
    Star Wars, Marvel comics, Ghostbusters, Oceans 8, the list goes on and on. What frustrates me is if they want to write a good story about a minority or a female or LGBTQ character then write one, there are hundres and thousands of good stories out there already. Why do they need to re-write existing popular material to suit their agenda? All it does is piss off the fans, and sets their agenda backwards.

Honestly until i hear something a bit more substantial about the Ciri casting i wont really believe it. I'm surprised they didnt just got with Maisie williams. Some hair dye would really be all they need to do. She is already basically playing Ciri when she is Arya on GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    So what's wrong with having someone black if he or she's good? The whole thing about adding black faces into movies matters as we all should really stop making differences between us, people, just because someone has a different color, gender, sexual preferences or whatsoever. And don't tell me that 'there were no black people in middle ages', you can always find a way to put in. You're being passive aggressive racist.
    Because Ciri is white? If they want diversity well there are other nationalities they can draw on in the Witcher world, if you want a dark skinned human create an Ofier character. On top of that you have other races like elves and dwarves, all facing discrimination if thats your bent. No, all the main characters are white, and the sjws hate it so they will change them as they see fit.

Deleted
    So what's wrong with having someone black if he or she's good? The whole thing about adding black faces into movies matters as we all should really stop making differences between us, people, just because someone has a different color, gender, sexual preferences or whatsoever. And don't tell me that 'there were no black people in middle ages', you can always find a way to put in. You're being passive aggressive racist.

Yeah ofc, lets hire some good white actors to play in Straight outta Conton ! Wait why can't we ? Oh thats right, its oppression. While we should be okay when a minority ethnic take the role of a white character because "xd lol stop being racist u kno"

And hey oh, I'm a black person. But I can't stand on this inequality, c u

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    You can't be surprised tho

Thanks for the fap material. It'll be hard, but I'll try!

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Pretty sure Ciri is a fictional character.

The tears are amazing though, keep them up.
    Fictional or not, it's an already established character.

Is it so hard to come up with an original story revolving around a minority cast, instead of pathetically resorting to hijacking other franchises under the guise of being PC?
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-09-09 at 09:29 AM.

Pretty sure Ciri is a fictional character.

The tears are amazing though, keep them up.
    Pretty sure Ghost in the Shell was fictional as well, didn't stop the sjw leftoids screaming because Scarlett Johanson played the lead role instead of an Asian actor. Oh that's right, it's only wrong when white people do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Black/Asian Ciri? What? Well nevermind then, I’ve got better things to do than pay attention to this abominable trainwreck of a series.

I guess if you want to see a Witcher TV seiries you’re better off with that old polish one.

Dang it's almost like the west has long history of white washing things.
    So, thats your justification for changing existing characters? Be honest, do you really believe having a black or Asian Ciri is going to go down well with Witcher fans? Why antagonise the very people you need to make the series a success?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Black/Asian Ciri? What? Well nevermind then, I’ve got better things to do than pay attention to this abominable trainwreck of a series.

I guess if you want to see a Witcher TV seiries you’re better off with that old polish one.
    /Thread. 10 chars

10+ Year Old Account
    At least now i get why 9gag has been a cancer these past 48h.

People and their sense of entitlement. Its not your series, if you want to change it, buy the rights for yourself. If you're not happy with it, don't watch it.

These snowflakes...

Jesus, people don't even realize their ignorance.
    Ohh, Enlighten as pleas?? Shitin on eastern European heritage is ok dressing as an Indian is a Cultural appropriation? And you wonder why so many white people are becoming radicalized recently?Do you remember the movie Dark Tower? no? Nether do I, I wonder why...

Why is it so antagonizing? Her character isn't changing, she's just not going to be white.

I know plenty of witcher fans who won't give a shit.
    If skin colour doesn't matter why does she have to to be non white? How does her being black or Asian make her a better or more interesting character? Explain to us why her being other than white skinned is important. Why is it important enough to change established lore?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodia View Post
    Ohh, Enlighten as pleas?? Shitin on eastern European heritage is ok dressing as an Indian is a Cultural appropriation? And you wonder why so many white people are becoming radicalized recently?Do you remember the movie Dark Tower? no? Nether do I, I wonder why...
    The witcher is eastern european heritage?

So did you also join the shitstorm when traditional heritage of Florida was completely different casted than in the books? Talking of GoT of course... oh...

Did they say who's going to play Ciri?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how her being black makes her "completely different" as long as her personality, character arc and shit are in tact what does it really change?
    So you want to tell millions of Poles that the character they grew up reading about was not important? While it's fictional character, it was written by white Polish guy, in a country that is 99% white and that is their identity, suddenly "the do gooders" decided that they can't have it. Your ignorance and bigotry is astonishing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

I'm less concerned with what the actor's ethnicity is and more about whether they're gonna make it a shitty series.

Reminds me a lot of the dark tower movie which was a disgrace to the book in every way ( not cause the main character wasn't white to be fair), the way the story was made was too shallow, fast paced action blockbuster wanna-be scripts destroy any chance to make a decent book into a series/film.