10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    I watched both those movies, they were awful.

If you want to make the argument i'm a bigot maybe don't make assumptions? Like I'm American lol.

White washing in western media is a thing it might help to read about that a bit to understand the context in which decisions like this are being made.
    Yeah, whitewashing is bad (Ghost in the shell isn't white washing though, neither was The Great Wall or The Last Samurai) but that doesn't make what they are doing good, it's the exact same fucking thing. literally.

And here some past words from the Director

And This What a nice and Truthful person she is

Pretty much all the shitty tropes in fantasy dealing with ethnicity and race.
    Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Pretty sure Ghost in the Shell was fictional as well, didn't stop the sjw leftoids screaming because Scarlett Johanson played the lead role instead of an Asian actor. Oh that's right, it's only wrong when white people do it.
    Actually there was a lot of an uproar about giving the role to a non asian woman. It was not teen titans level, but also really big.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    If they absolutely needed to insert SJW crap into this wouldn't making elves black make more sense for their agenda ?
    Nobody ever accused progressives of being smart or intelligent.

Deserves to fail miserably to show the people in charge that such things are not being asked by their target audience.

idk what anyone is expecting seeing how its netflix making the show, ofcourse they gonna stuff it full of niggers

Trolling/Racism isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-09-09 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Fictional or not, it's an already established character.

Is it so hard to come up with an original story revolving around a minority cast, instead of pathetically resorting to hijacking other franchises under the guise of being PC?
    Exactly, its honestly sickening at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Escariot View Post
    idk what anyone is expecting seeing how its netflix making the show, ofcourse they gonna stuff it full of niggers
    that's really uncalled for.

you can be against this kind of stupidity without being that brand of stupidity. you give lore-purists a bad name.

Sorry I wasn't aware you were completely ignorant about tropes in fantasy concerning race and ethnicity. Give me like 20 minutes to eat my dinner and I'll find some examples if you don't want to use google.
    I'm not ignorant about tropes in fantasy worlds. Are you too goddamn lazy to make an argument? Why are you even on this forum if you don't want to talk to people?
    Affirmative action is not helpful. It does not help abolish inequality and prejudice but helps reinforce them. It's ultimately a highly paternalizing attitude and effectively plays people off against each other. You can even see the results on this forum. People can only emancipate themselves. And by the way: We're talking about actors. Most of the time these aren't really the people that need support in the first place...
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-09-09 at 12:06 PM.

Non-white people are barely represented in fantasy aside from being portrayed as foreigners from a far off land. I really can't see why it would be such a big deal.
    Are people so incapable of coming up with original stories that they have to resort to hijacking and injecting themselves into other franchises to have a representation of minorities and what not? That does nothing but annoy fans of those franchises, and does the show or film no favour of said franchise...

And no, being an annoyed fan doesn't make them a racist, bigot, sexist, xenophobe, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    I'm not ignorant about tropes in fantasy worlds. Are you too goddamn lazy to make an argument? Why are you even on this forum if you don't want to talk to people?
    Affirmative action is not helpful. It does not help abolish inequality and prejudice but helps reinforce them. It's ultimately a highly paternalizing attitude and effectively plays people off against each other. You can even see the results on this forum. People can only emancipate themselves. And by the way: We're talking about actors. Most of the time these aren't really the people that need support in the first place...
    He's being obnoxious on purpose, he has no intention whatsoever to discuss anything. All he does in this thread and in this forum is contradict everyone. The only thing that doesn't change is his weird obsession with race.

Griffy pretty much sums it up.

He's not white either so you can't really say anything. Inb4 someone is like "hes a traitor to his own race" (you know there someone stupid enough thinking that)

Affirmative action is more helpful that letting inequality fester.

If you think these are the results of affirmative action that's pretty hilarious. These are the results of racism. Affirmative action is a scapegoat and weak justification for this type of behaviour.
    It's the same patronzing attitude. The black man can't help himself because he still suffers from historical oppression. Women can't help themselves because they're "the weaker sex". They need the white man's help to pull themselves up.

Also of course fantasy is regressive in a certain way as it romanticizes a certain time period (or the fantasy version thereof), its living conditions and social norms etc. and therefor can serve to reeinforce conservative sentiments. You're not going to change that by casting black actors. Cast the best actress. Don't exclude white actresses for some weird reason.

Yeah these actors don't need the support more than likely. But the thing is people watch this and representation helps more than just the actors. You do realize why people loved black panther right?
    People like to see characters they can identify with because they can relate to their struggles and aspirations. I don't think race should play a role in this unless the story itself is about racism.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2018-09-09 at 12:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean they're hypothetically only changing the skin colour, not hijacking stories or characters.

Fuck if the fans of these series are that racist then maybe they should be wound up.

Odd just that most of them tend to be.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically you?
    Your entire point in every thread is to insult people, to call whites racist, this is what you and other racists on these forums get off on. Here you insult entire fan base just prove your bigotry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think many people will agree that genocide can be justified.

Should've thrown james bond in the trash like 50 years ago.
    Way to ignore the point...

Does it make him racist saying those things?

Pretty much all the shitty tropes in fantasy dealing with ethnicity and race.
    Question: "What tropes are you talking about?"

Answer: "All of them"

Good answer.

Wait, no rightwingers are already triggered BEFORE something is announced?

Fixed that for you.
    Sadly you didn't fix anything. Your answer is just as vague as before.

Edit:
    Have I called anyone racist lol? It would be nice if you treated me like an individual instead of y'know practicing bigotry yourself.
    well well, the pot calling the kettle black.
    Last edited by Lindon; 2018-09-09 at 12:43 PM.

Not really, it makes him pandering to an audience.
    And studios that misscast roles based on skin colour or gender are pandering to PC culture and to an audience with a certain political viewpoint. They aren't really trying to make a good tv show, they are trying to make a statement. They could've just said they hired a black/asian actress because of her acting abilities but no, they are specifically hiring for anyone except white women, which in itself, is extremely racist but no one actually gives a fuck and that boggles my mind.