Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scart35 View Post
    The content isn't just there...
    I'm working in 9-5 job, playing maybe hour or two every day and I've exhausted every new content that it is in the game right now (content that i'm interested in).
    Everything is timegated or handed to you on the silver plate.

edit: grammar
    mythic ghuun killed ? glad title obtained ? all mounts / pets collected ? all allience races unlocked ?

if not then no you did not exhaust new content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    It amazes me what terrible reading comprehension people have.

Do you see the current WoWtoken prices? Gold is being hemorrhaged from the economy at an alarming rate due to the GOLD SINKS.

How do you make gold without dealing with other players? You farm NPCs? Vendor stuff? Oh wait you need those for professions. Maybe WQs? Oh they give out less gold than vendoring items as well. Dungeon, and Raid bosses? Same deal. Oh and don't forget that sweet 35-50 gold bonus roll from your only 2 weekly Seals.

Oh and those 75-150 gold mission table quests. 2-8 hours for something you could've vendored.

What that fuck is wrong with you people? You don't even know where the gold comes from. You're happy as long as bots are funneling gold into the AH so you don't have to actually farm gold yourself.

Or worse, you're a moron that pretends they're casual and plays multiple alts.
    and what is wrong with playing multiple alts ? it doesnt require much effort past initial +/-100 hours put into leveling (for 12 alts from 110 ->120) .

unless you are just jealous people dont waste time on runing pointless gear threadmills and enjoy game other way that as bonus let them make milions in wod/legion .

i for once hope token tank up to 20k - so i can spend my milions on 10 years of wow gametime :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ailoze View Post
    Unless you actually take a look at pvp gear and notice how much vers it has. Which is terrible for a lot of classes in PvE
    I've gotten a few bis pieces already. It's actually quite amazing gear.
    Moonlife, Boomkin/Tree, Silvermoon, VTX

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Ok true

But why is BfA releasing content at the speed of light then?

27 days and we already have catchup mechanics of 340 ilvl gear
    Everything is going so fast...

Seems like Blizzard is listening to the "demands" of the players
    340 ilvl is an entry level gear for raiding, i don't really think that it's a problem. Or probably blizzard feels that they have to add it thanks to sheer amount of shadow priests, elemental shamans and feral druids rerolling to rogues right now.

I also don't think that this scenario can be considered as catch up mechanic, since it's available only for 1 week and... you know... you get 340ilvl from arena anyways, and after doing a single run on all M0 you average at 340 easily. 340 gear kinda sucks now, you know
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2018-09-10 at 06:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Nothing is scaling properly. Everything is trickled in. Horrible gold sinks and it being near-impossible to make gold without abusing the AH or "services" (ie selling mythic+ or raid clears). Currently if you only play one character through casual play YOU WILL run out of gold unless you play very carefully and avoid repair bills or spending money on the AH. The devs did this on purpose to tempt more people to buy WoW tokens. Its painfully obvious.
    Ive now earned over a million gold (roughtly 1mil 75k atm) this expansion almost all of it (around 900k) coming from my herbing/mining alt. And its not like ive nolifed it. Been herbing/mining perhaps a total of 30ish hours over a 4 week period.
    Gold has never been easier to come by imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    this content isn't even finished lol, this is still beta, class design is a dumpster fire atm and pve/pvp balance is pure crap and rotations are shit.

if blizzard stop spending 6 months breaking 36 specs and trying to re-build 36 specs every x-pac they could probably release a finished one with more content and on time!
    Hah imagine if they just did tuning to most classes and not a total redo of all the classes AND specs. Lots of time to work on other stuff for a new xpac.

Never really understood why they need to overhaul so many classes and specs each xpac. In one way or another they completly change how your class plays. Luckily I like my paladin alot so it has worked fine for me so far. Some of my alts has been left behind though.

I like BFA - all the zones looks amazing, quests, city hubs, war campaign, most dungeons are cool, nice first raid.

OKish storyline - tbh I expected alot more A & H theme, but I guess that will come later since both factions now has new allies.

The two new features in BfA really dont work out as thought - IE and Warfronts are so lackluster and obviously should have gone through more tests and changes.

We will have to see in the coming months how this plays out. There might be some amazing patch content coming our way, we dont know yet.

Im saying all this as someone who has played wow since classic, except during most of WoD. I remember back then: I loved the questing(like now), I loved having a garrison. But quickly enough at max level I got bored and I found myself without anything to do. Im having that itch right now, and I want it to go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah for example check how many new spells and abilities paladin as class learned in bfa, an amazing ZERO new spell, 2 talents swapped places in same tree
    how dare paladin consume all that new 'abilities' their class got in entire new expansions ?

ah and forgot we also learned to slow the f8ck down because gcds
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Ive now earned over a million gold (roughtly 1mil 75k atm) this expansion almost all of it (around 900k) coming from my herbing/mining alt. And its not like ive nolifed it. Been herbing/mining perhaps a total of 30ish hours over a 4 week period.
    Gold has never been easier to come by imo.
    I pity people like you and me...the "farmers".
    People who play the auction house take advantage of our hard work and make millions playing with the items we farm.

I will give you one i just found out

The price of the epic shards you get from desinchanting an epic item are plummeting.
    But the price of enchants are not.
    So just buy from the AH the epic shards and make "Quick Navigation" weapon enchants for 2600g each

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Hah imagine if they just did tuning to most classes and not a total redo of all the classes AND specs. Lots of time to work on other stuff for a new xpac.

Never really understood why they need to overhaul so many classes and specs each xpac. In one way or another they completly change how your class plays. Luckily I like my paladin alot so it has worked fine for me so far. Some of my alts has been left behind though.
    Oh, it's fairly simple. Class changes beyond simple tuning allow classes to feel fresh. When classes are not changed much there's numerous complaints on forums from people who say that classes feel stale, old, etc.

And WoW is not the only game that does it. Occasional class reworks are the norm in almost all online games, esp MOBAs and MMORPGs.

So it's safe to assume that people who don't want their classes to be changed are the minority.

And that's actually a problem in BfA, classes weren't properly reworked, esp after legendaries, artefacts, etc were removed. They're pretty much the same classes we had in Legion, but w/ fewer tools and abilities, feels meh.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-09-10 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    The people who employ the "gogogo, nownownow, gimmegimmegimme" mentality are the reason time gates exist.

If everyone would just slow down and enjoy the game without rushing it, they would find themselves much less hindered by time constraints. And the content offered to them would last longer.

This game needs to last for the next two years people. Slow the fuck down. Stop worrying about the destination and enjoy the ride.
    People adapt to the environment. The whole game is built on instant access, instant catch-up and extreme accessibility. People consume it so fast, and have the "gogogo" mentality, because the game encourage and reward it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    The stock standard forum bitching is irrelevant, all that matters is how many people are playing the game. If there is a WoD style player drop off then the expansion has failed, if it's like Legion then it's fine.
    You realize that Legion had a similar dropoff compared to WoD ? It's visible in the activity on third-party sites, and it could be read between the lines in earning calls.

Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    Oh, it's fairly simple. Class changes beyond simple tuning allow classes to feel fresh. When classes are not changed much there's numerous complaints on forums from people who say that classes feel stale, old, etc.

And WoW is not the only game that does it. Occasional class reworks are the norm in almost all online games, esp MOBAs and MMORPGs.

So it's safe to assume that people who don't want their classes to be changed are the minority.

And that's actually a problem in BfA, classes weren't properly reworked, esp after legendaries, artefacts, etc were removed. They're pretty much the same classes we had in Legion, but w/ fewer tools and abilities, feels meh.
    Allright, I can understand that. Its always a risk to run though, cause you might up ruining a class for alot of people.

This time around it does feel a bit bland and boring compared to Legion yeah. It feels like the only thing they did was to remove our artifact and called it a day :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    First week of the expansion: Thread titled "Game is Stale"
    First week of Uldir: Thread titled "When will the next raid release"

27 days guys. In 27 days we already have catchup mechanics rewarding non stop 340 gear

And people wonder why content is gated, lol

---------

Whats my point?
    I guess my point is that themepark MMO's should really find a different way to approach how content is made to consume.
    Because i think this is all a fake way to entertain people.
    Is all about "OPEN THE GATES TO THE THEMEPARK!"
    You have one ride...and suddenly you are tired of it.
    Then OPEN THE GATES TO THEMEPARK 2.0!

What happened to enjoying the gameplay? People just want constantly a new themepark.
    I guess this is how MMO's are made after all.
    But then you really must give Blizzard some space because only Superman can keep up this pace.
    That is what I have been saying the whole time!

This is why I praise gating, so that the locust can't consume everything right away.

A huge number of the player base are way too impatient when it comes to the content of the game. And when they've rushed through it all, HIGHLY LIKELY, missing a lot of things - they'll still complain it is stale.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I've been saying this for 2-3 expansions now (from mop ToT) : I LIKE BEING DONE WITH MY CHARACTER!!!! I loved BiS, I loved "raid shopping lists", I loved hopping on an alt when I felt finished with my main. Heck, I even started some reps on alts. Doing 4-5 dailies for 1500 rep and being done was good for me, doing it for 75 rep? Are you nuts???!! Sitting back, or working on odd achieves in the downtime (raid was cleared, no, no normal heroic mythic bs) was amazing. No fucking mission tables puked gold at me, yet I made goldcap in 40 days.
    It's all gone now. we have this fast food game with shallow activities that overall >need< more playtime for less results. Seriously tho: how much time an average raider had to spend with raid preparations, gold making for flasks and food and repair in, say, wotlk, and now? I remember doing 30-50g worth dailies, just because thats how much a flask was in wotlk. Do a daily today that pays your flask. Pffghhh. Thats just the tip of the iceberg with raids being tuned to certain artifact levels.
    It doesnt help that the raiders dont complain. I mean the ones that are big enough. Surely (and sadly) many big guilds have disbanded, but there are still some who are willing to put up with all this shit, and they even say its shit, but whatcha gonna do a top raider has to raid.. Tgey are huge influencers on the players.

Right now I am done with most of the outdoor achieves. Professions are on max, their respective achieves are done. Even the archaeology curator thingie. Pet battles, you name it. Exploration/quest achieves are mostly done. And it feels good! I dont want new ones right now, I feel accomplished, done. I don't even want to level an alt.
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-09-10 at 07:34 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    mythic ghuun killed ? glad title obtained ? all mounts / pets collected ? all allience races unlocked ?

if not then no you did not exhaust new content.
    Classic BS that's going to be repeated every exp launch/end.

I've never killed mythic endboss,never PvP'd, never played pets etc. and still had better and longer fun time in previous expansions like I'm having now.

So yes I did exhaust all content that is to my liking. And I'm comparing it to the legion or previous exp so...your argument is invalid.

Deleted
    People claiming Legion had so much more engaging content at Launch forget they were soon running Maw Of Souls as infinitum.

Quote Originally Posted by scart35 View Post
    Classic BS that's going to be repeated every exp launch/end.

I've never killed mythic endboss,never PvP'd, never played pets etc. and still had better and longer fun time in previous expansions like I'm having now.

So yes I did exhaust all content that is to my liking. And I'm comparing it to the legion or previous exp so...your argument is invalid.
    What exactly is missing in BfA endgame? Pls don't say Suramar...

Frankly the max level content so far in BFA is boring, just lame and boring.
    I am not even talking about the amount of content, which isn't great.

Island expeditions are already something no one i play with bothers to do.
    And the classes were made so shallow and basic that i can't even find one that i would like to invest serious time/effort in, simply because they are BORING.

BFA = Boredom for all.......

it's called content locusts.. and it's because of bad game design really.

if you make the game all about end game and do everything to funnel your players attention to that then this is what you end up with.
    all else becomes irrelevant.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    I honestly have two complains:
    -Island expeditions must be redesigned and the reward re-balanced (I would love stuff like the underwater mission during the horde war campaign, exploring the bottom of the sea to hunt treasures and stuff, we should have our own boat and travel/visit/hunt/loot)
    - The 5 minutes GCD (ok ok I'm exaggerating, 2 min GCD) is really making me mad

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    What exactly is missing in BfA endgame? Pls don't say Suramar...
    This question will depend on who you ask. A guy who only (would like to) raid logs? Someone who wants all pets and mounts and toys and achieves in the game and invested in stories and quests? Someone who thinks if you finish lfr you are done wit hthe game?

I think there is objectively healthy player behaviour, and unhealthy. Problem is blizz goes for played hours now so unhealthy players are rewarded and nourished.............

For me personally I'd like to have old-fashioned gear checks back in raids, with them being tighter for every difficulty. It felt great when your character (and the characters in your party) wasn't powerful enough to beat an encounter, and then getting a few upgrades from the earlier bosses in order to get over that hurdle.

We get way too powerful gear too easy mainly from outside sources and too many of the encounters can just be brute forced through skill. Since it's a RPG your character should have to overcome the obstacle just as much as you the player, if not more.

Horizontal progression inside the raids could possibly be a way to solve this. If I'm being completely unimaginative I'd use resistances as an example. It wouldn't matter how much raw power you had, you'd have to have resistance gear that only dropped from inside that particular raid in order to progress further.